PDA

View Full Version : Let's end the debates...

Blackmage
07-09-2003, 08:35 PM
FFIX's soundtrack. It just rocks. And stuff. Yup yup.

TheAbominatrix
07-09-2003, 09:19 PM
I think this may end up having a lot to do with your personal favorite game... because we associate good times with music. I dunno.

I did love VI's music... particularily the Opera Scene. Even in SNES sound it was moving. Gorgeous music. And though it's not 'official' in game music, the song Risa Ohki doesnt to Terra's theme is absolutely stunning.

Flying Mullet
07-09-2003, 09:33 PM
:rock: FFVI's music rocks my socks. :rock:

crono_logical
07-10-2003, 01:19 AM
I like FF6's the most overall as well, even though other soundtracks might have the odd track or two thats better than it as well.

Mr. Mojo Risin
07-12-2003, 12:33 AM
FFV. it rocks. and rolls.

Silent Warrior
07-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
:rock: FFVI's music rocks my socks. :rock:

What he said.

Nait
07-12-2003, 07:28 PM
Nine.

droggen
07-13-2003, 08:53 PM
Final fantasy 7 the sephiroth theme.
in the final battle you really can hear it.

ShivaBlizzard8
07-13-2003, 11:58 PM
The debate shall never end! ;) VIII is my personal favorite, with IV coming in a close second.

droggen
07-14-2003, 02:40 AM
FF8 was one of the worst story line and gameplay rpg i have ever played and whats worse i bought the game when it first came out.
It was a failure plain and simple.

crono_logical
07-14-2003, 03:28 AM
Yes, I thought FF8 was rather poor on playability and story too, but we're talking about the soundtracks here, which was acceptable for FF8, and even had some decent tracks in, like Man With the Machine Gun :p

droggen
07-14-2003, 06:24 AM
I meant in general.
the sounds came from ff7 it seemed.
the only thing it really had going for it was the eyes on me song.

Edgar
07-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Overworld theme: FFVI (mainly because they have more lol)

Battle theme: FFT hands down

General theme: FFIX

Love theme: FFIX, FFVIII comes close

Last Boss theme: Can't decided FFIX or FFVI

Chocobo theme: FFIX definately

those sad ones: FFIV of couarse

Starting theme: FFVIII (Lithos)

Creativity: Can't really say...

MelodyofLute
07-25-2003, 08:45 PM
Right now FFVI has the number amount of votes, which I can understand (yet I still think IV had the best) but how can VII have second place? Nobue Umatsue (spelling?) had the littlest amount of time to do the music for that game, and it deffinetly shows, it did have some very very good tracks, it was like butter stretched over too much bread.

Cz
07-31-2003, 10:07 AM
IX for me. It had tons of memorable tracks that captured the feel of the game perfectly. VI comes a close second.

Outsider
08-06-2003, 02:59 AM
FF6... The whole soundtrack is amazing.

And the character's themes are great, not only fitting each character, but adding something to them... It's kinda hard to explain but that's how it works

Vermachtnis
08-06-2003, 03:51 AM
Final Fantasy VIII really has some great music. Really touching and "Eyes on Me" at the end. Libiral Fitalli(sp?) is the best song.

musashius
08-12-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
I did love VI's music... particularily the Opera Scene. Even in SNES sound it was moving. Gorgeous music.

Agreed.

The first time I played through it, Cid died because I didn't know you could save him. When Celes' theme played during that part, it was very moving and it was so sad. The theme was perfect for that part. Also, during the beginning when you see Terra, Biggs, and Wedge's magitek mechs walking in the snow, the theme really provided a strong sense of mystery and... uh... coldness. I don't know, I found the music very fitting for many of the scenes in FFVI.

And in terms of orchestrated/choir goodness, I think Final Fantasy VIII was great with Liberi Fatali and Waltz for the Moon.

Sacred Phoenix
09-15-2003, 01:54 AM
FF8 all the friggin way!!!!!!EVERYTHING about this game RULES!!!!!!
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Kenshin IV
09-15-2003, 03:56 AM
OMG NOWAY!!!!!!!!111 :D :rolleyes2 :cool: :choc: :love: :mog: :tongue: :greenie: :eep: :mad: :mad2: :p :( :laugh: :joey: :| :roll: :joey: :carlie: :edm: :beer: :love::tongue: :mog: :whoa: :love::cool: :o

Anyway, it's tough. I actually have to go with Seven over Six once again..... but, as always, it's so damned close.

Strider
09-15-2003, 04:54 AM
Well, I can really only choose from three options: IV, VI, and VII.

It's a very very VERY tough call, but I'm going to take IV.

i90east
09-17-2003, 01:20 AM
I'll say FFVI. 14 characters... 14 fantastic themes. There is not one song in that game that was not good. I honestly believe that the music made the game. Each song just fit so well... it had perfect chemistry. I don't know if any game will ever be able to match the greatness of FFVI, musically or otherwise. When the game came out, I loved turning up the volume on my stereo and playing through the game. It was pure gold.

Female Ryuichi
10-26-2003, 08:10 PM
FFVI and FFVII. I can't chose between them.

Breine
10-28-2003, 10:15 AM
I like FF9's music the most.

GenjiLeisureSuit
11-24-2003, 03:40 PM
Well, I'd say pound for pound FFV is the best in my eyes (Gilgamesh theme... *drool*) Though my personal fave is FF6. That soundtrack has enough moving moments to edge out FFV.

I'm also tempted to say FF1, for nostalgia factor (I played FF1 YEARS before I played any other FF.) But that is kinda weird, isn't it.

Actually, no, that's not weird. FF1 features Uematsu in all of his simplistic, 8-bit warts and all glory. You get something from the NES FF's that is too washed away by all the orchestration in the later ones.

Germ Hamee
11-24-2003, 04:26 PM
I vote VI, with IX as a close second. I really dig the orchestral and kind of medieval themed soundtracks.

Ramza_Beouvle
11-28-2003, 05:21 AM
ah heck, am I the only one here that actually enjoy the music on Tactics?? ah well, nice and clam music good enough for me to think straight, not that the other ones are not good, though, FFVI music was great too!

Outsider
11-28-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Ramza_Beouvle
ah heck, am I the only one here that actually enjoy the music on Tactics??

Yeah, FFTactics music is great... I love that "Hero's Theme"...

Rainecloud
11-30-2003, 08:05 AM
VII. It was the first FF game I ever played, and the music really impressed and touched me.

It's just a shame it was all synthesized. But, we're getting a VII piano collection, so I shouldn't complain.

Garland
12-01-2003, 02:26 AM
Every FF has one track in particular that steals the show. I think of all of them One Winged Angel stands out the most. Sadly, FF7 was a one hit wonder in terms of soundtrack pieces in my oppinion - the rest don't carry the game. Track for track, the choice for best overall soundtrack is a close competition between 4 and 6. More memorable tunes come from those two games than the other FF's together, and they form the brunt of most piano/orchestral/vocal compilation pieces. There must be a reason. I think I'll vote FF6 because not only was the soundtrack as memorable as 4's, but the opera was one of the more ambitious things a videogame has tried to do.

CrimsonD
03-23-2004, 09:33 PM
FFT

Kirobaito
03-23-2004, 09:52 PM
God...let this thread die in peace...**cries**

IX.

SpiritWolf
03-24-2004, 05:09 AM
I voted X. It was really hard deciding between that and IX. Both Games have great sound tracks.

GenjiLeisureSuit
03-24-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by goyabean
FFV. it rocks. and rolls.

Precisely.

Caim
03-28-2004, 09:31 PM
I'd say that FF8 has the best soundtrack.

Bahamut2000X
03-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Awww you left out FFXI. Umm ya well that's my favorite to listen to. So ya. *votes for invisible option of poll*

Kirobaito
03-29-2004, 12:44 AM
I say FF9.

SpiritWolf
03-29-2004, 05:08 AM
X is my favorite. It just barley nudged out IX for my vote.

Sefie1999AD
03-29-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by King Bahamut
I say FF9.

I agree. I'll explain more when I feel like it.

Del Murder
03-29-2004, 09:34 PM
IX's soundtrack was pretty awesome. Lot's of good themes going on in there.

Kirobaito
03-29-2004, 11:14 PM
Yeah. FFIX had a "complete" soundtrack of all different motifs. VII had a great ballad and boss theme, but besides that, there wasn't a whole lot there. VIII had an opener and love them, but not a whole lot else. Melodies of Life, along with its other variations, are all wonderful pieces of music. Also, "The Place I'll Return to Someday" was as catchy as there is. Along with "The City that Never Sleeps." Kuja's Theme was fantastic, also, along with "The Skirmish of the Silver Dragons." While other soundtracks (like FFVI's) had some great songs, FFIX had a whole album of them.

PeTeRL90
03-30-2004, 05:11 AM
I'mma go with IX as well.

DocFrance
03-30-2004, 06:07 AM
VI for me.

Del Murder
04-03-2004, 01:58 AM
VI had some great tunes, but if I look at it unbiasedly it doesn't really compare with the CD music of the later FFs.

The Nique
04-07-2004, 08:33 AM
1-6 looses by default, becuase midi's don't cut it. The tunes were inspired though. I still think the crystal theme is amazing...

VII had some key tunes that really made it a good one... Aeirth's Theme, the main theme, the shinra theme... All good stuff.

VIII likewise had paticulars, even more than 7, that really touched me. The inclusion of a pop-song made it light-hearted, but not too much, and in a good, angsty way, if that makes any sense. :O_O:

IX struke me as an aquired taste. I liked the main theme, but in 9 mainly I could really tell I was listening to an OST to a video game, not based on quality of the sound or instruments, but on the style of songs in the game, themselves. ...Too happy, and some with just no distiguishing charecter. I won't say it was bad however.

X was just good all around. The key themes like "to Zanarkand" and Tidus' and Auron's themes were too good... I pick X. The very peak of Umatsu's work IMO, execpting the revamped crystal theme-techno-y type song. That sucked.

1st: FFX
2nd: FFVII
3rd: FFVIII
4th: FFI (for sheer classicness)
Last place: 2,3,4,5,6,9

Although last place is no indicator of good or bad persay... This is all just IMO.

01chapmanh
04-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Id hav 2 say that its either FFX or FFVII, and right now i cant decide. But if i was 2 make a definate choice id av 2 say FFX. :D :D

But FFVI's soundtrack also rocks!!! :D

kikimm
06-26-2004, 04:02 AM
I have to go with FF8. It's my favorite game in the series, and I love everything about it (yes, even the junction system). But that's not what this is about. The music is all beautiful. I've downloaded a lot of the songs, only in the piano version then. They're so much more captivating, I think, played on the piano. Especially the part of the ending song RIGHT at the end. I can't get that little part out of my head!

Although I also LOVE FF10's music. My brother is sick to death of the all of the songs of prayer, but I love them (espeically valefor, and spiras). Does anyone know if the Via Purifico song is on the soundtrack? it doesn't seem to be, but then again I didn't check al of the songs.

:D

Cuchullain
06-26-2004, 12:13 PM
It really depends. 8 had some great music for relaxing and more sinister tones, 7 had a really good sad piece, 9 has a few great emotive pieces, 10 had a good mixture, 10-2 felt like it knew what it was doing. 6 was a more polished package. The others I haven't heard fully yet, so I'll vote later.

Trumpet Thief
06-26-2004, 05:46 PM
I'm gonna have to go with FFVI, with FFVIII just behind.