ForeverZeroUltima
07-10-2003, 10:05 PM
c'mon, whos your fav charcter in CC? mine's this:

1. Lynx-he is just cool.
2. Glenn-cool AND powerful!
3. Riddel-weak, but hot!

Imperia
07-11-2003, 12:26 PM
Kid is defintiely my favorite. I think she's one of the better RPG heroines. She's really funny too. Especially when she always says: "I'll kick your arses so hard, you'll kiss the moons!":D

edczxcvbnm
07-11-2003, 01:10 PM
Serge. He is the best at everything! Seriously. Look at his stats. ALL of them are near the top while others only have 1 or 2 near the top.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-11-2003, 02:05 PM
Harle. I mean it.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-11-2003, 09:31 PM
yes, Harle DOES come in handy against Miguel.......and so, at this moment, Serge, Kid, Lynx, and Harle tie for first.............anyone else wanna vote?

Isn't ANYONE else gonna vote?!żi?!żi?!

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post, even if no one else posts to your satisfaction.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-17-2003, 06:04 AM
I don't care too much about her battling prowess. Personality makes a character.

Wightraven
07-17-2003, 07:54 AM
Hmmm... tough choice.

Harle is beautiful and has a wonderful personality. I love her to death.

Wossname, the fellow who looks like Manson... he was rather cool, I liked him quite a bit, but...

Glenn gets my vote, as he's just a badass with an interesting story and, of course, ties to CT.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-17-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Wightraven
Wossname, the fellow who looks like Manson... he was rather cool, I liked him quite a bit, but...Slash. I love him, sure, but only for his body.

Ki Ki
07-17-2003, 09:25 AM
Serge!
He's so quiet and mysterious and cute!
:love:

Super Christ
07-17-2003, 10:06 AM
I'd have to say Serge, Kid, and Harle were the only ones I even really cared about. The rest would've been better off not being playable, or not even in the game in the first place. (Neofio, Poshul, ect. anyone?)

Well, except for Lynx since he's kind of a huge part of the story, but I don't like him so much as loathe him.

playaGAW
07-19-2003, 05:00 AM
I liked all the chracters except Skelly. I collected all those bones for that. My favorites for each attribute were Zoah(the fortune teller said he had sadness behind the mask they should've went into that:yellow), Funguy(get it Fun guy hehehe:yellow), Mikka(fine girl:red), Orlha(touching story and fine girl also had some nice techs:blue),Lnyx(the perfect predator:black), Radius(has power:green), Starky(reminds me of the main chracter of Pikmen:white).

No need for proper grammar mwahahahaha!!

TheAbominatrix
07-19-2003, 05:02 AM
I liked so many of them... Serge, Harle, Glenn, Kidd, Orlha... and most especially Slash (Nikki)

Aya Nekoneko
07-19-2003, 10:53 AM
Kid all the way. ^^

The kid had spunk. And she made an awesome "official" appearance. The way she came out and kicked those meanies' butts. :love:

xßµńńĄ-˘hĺń
07-19-2003, 11:43 PM
It's a tie between Kid and Harle. I like them both. :D

ForeverZeroUltima
07-22-2003, 01:59 AM
dangit i shouldn't have put so many choices in this poll, everyone votes for different people...should've narrowed it down to, say, 5 or 6?

Angel_Reaper
10-21-2003, 02:06 AM
1. Lynx - freaky awesome, and best looking demi-human :D :love:
2. Glenne - such a cuty :love:/Nikki - *Drools* :love:
3. Guile - nice long white hair :D :love: ;)
4. Karsh - hotty :love:
5. Harle - oui mon ami dream of mwa. My Freanch isnt the best. :tongue:

Halenite
10-21-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Imperia
Kid is defintiely my favorite. I think she's one of the better RPG heroines. She's really funny too. Especially when she always says: "I'll kick your arses so hard, you'll kiss the moons!":D

I LOVE that line!

Oh yeah, I voted Kid also.

My second would have been Lynx.

Prince-magus
10-26-2003, 01:16 AM
What no nikki! he was so damn cool! I mean he attack poeple with his guitar that is so sweet!

1-nikki-the guitar nuff said
2-glenn- ahh frog... and he's got story baby
3-guile- his hair is just to much

Angel_Reaper
10-26-2003, 03:38 AM
on mine nikki and glenn shared number 2. :tongue:

playaGAW
10-26-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Angel_Reaper
3. Guile - nice long white hair

Wasn't his hair purplish.

Angel_Reaper
10-26-2003, 04:17 AM
I thought it looked somewhat white or maybe silver looking. Either that you could be right playaGAW. But anyways I love his hair no matter what color it is. If it is purplish all the more better. ONE of my favorite colors.:D :love:

Edgar
11-14-2003, 05:44 AM
*votes for Kid*

How could not you not like...erhmm...nevermind...spoilers

Kana-chan
11-18-2003, 11:46 PM
Ohhhhhhh! *pouts*

I don't believe any of you, I really don't.

Because Pierre's the best character because he's so funny.

"Oh, the pain! The pain! *faints*"

AND, he gets soooo much stronger in the second half of the game once you get Serge's body back. Because then he has all of his tokens of heroism ;).

Outsider
11-19-2003, 02:32 AM
... I voted for Karsh... I liked him when I started playing the game... But I hate most of the characters of Chrono Cross

I guess the one I liked the best was that Pirate guy, that I don't remember the name cuz I called him Xiahou....

Lord Chainsaw
11-19-2003, 03:22 AM
I voted for Karsh but I didn't see that Guile was up there. If I knew Guile was up there I would have voted for him.

Dyce_darg
11-19-2003, 03:31 AM
Glenn, Serge, and Karsh are all GODS!! they are the best team known to chrono cross (viper and kid are also exceptional)

Lord Chainsaw
11-19-2003, 06:47 PM
My team was Serge, Karsh and Guile.

I kicked so much rectum intestine it just flat out wasn't funny.

ForeverZeroUltima
11-22-2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Kana-chan
Ohhhhhhh! *pouts*

AND, he gets soooo much stronger in the second half of the game once you get Serge's body back. Because then he has all of his tokens of heroism ;).

i did the same thing, giving all of the hero items to him...yes, i gave him hero shield, hero medal, and hero's blade. but then he was still incredibly weak, dunno why. (fierce attack, 69 damage).

Tokki Wartooth
12-06-2003, 02:27 AM
Serge has a nice behind. Oh yes.

But Harle. Just cause.

ForeverZeroUltima
12-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Tokkiquil
Serge has a nice behind. Oh yes.

what the HELL have you been smoking? lol

playaGAW
12-06-2003, 10:36 PM
Pierre was weak for me until I got all the hero items and and turned from Lynx back to Serge

Chibi Youkai
03-06-2004, 05:04 AM
Lynx and Harle tie for first with Glenn and Leah tying for second and Marcy or Nikki being third.

ForeverZeroUltima
03-07-2004, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by playaGAW
Pierre was weak for me until I got all the hero items and and turned from Lynx back to Serge

*requotes what he said about Pierre earlier*

Chibi Youkai
03-07-2004, 05:37 AM
Yep, same here.

Crono9051
03-07-2004, 04:55 PM
[kana-chan]
Ohhhhhhh! *pouts*

The only thing I liked about Pierre was that one ending, WARNING MAY BE A SPOILER, where they enter the dragon fortress to fight lynx and viper then it says, "They were never heard from again..."

Glenn is the best character in my opinion because of his story, personality, and his double swords the Einlanzer.

P.S. Dont know how to quote so sorry if it comes out wrong

The Man
03-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Harle, no question. Fashion sense, personality, prowess in battle, her storyline - everything, really. Kid would be number two, most likely, and then either Glenn, Guile, or Karsh. (Although, if we're allowed to like NPCs more than playable characters, then Miguel trumps all of them except Harle).

atmskater13
12-19-2004, 02:39 AM
1] Serge

2] Glenn

3] Karsh

4] Kid

5] Radius

Not Dave
12-19-2004, 09:30 PM
1. Nikki
2. Glenn
3. Draggy

Ryth
12-19-2004, 10:55 PM
I like Serge the best!

dodhungry
12-21-2004, 11:18 PM
My favorite character is Glenn hands down. Just look at him.....look at the cool and ownage just pour from his....self...... I should of said Pierre just for laughs...........

Of course only if you could have played as Dario........ :cry:

Ichimonji
12-22-2004, 11:24 AM
If it wasn't for the fact that Serge is a silent protagonist, he would be my favorite character. So then I'd have to say either Karsh, Glenn, or Kid. I believe the reasons have already been theorized in thread, so it's self-explanatory as of why.

Karsh
12-23-2004, 06:31 PM
My favorites are in this order:

1. Kid
2. Harle
3. Orlha
4. Leena
5. Janice
6. Karsh
7. Marcy
8. Serge
9. Razzly
10. Fargo

ShunNakamura
12-25-2004, 12:24 PM
My Favorite Character was Fargo... I just think he is cool :P.. Next would be Orhla though... I love hand to hand fighting .

Crazy the Clown
01-03-2005, 04:31 PM
You forgot, "Grobyc."

Trusty Rusty
01-03-2005, 10:31 PM
My vote goes to Glenn. He is well balanced when it comes to elements and he is a powerhouse. Just look at him. Who can resist the coolness of Glenn?

RedCydranth
01-07-2005, 05:38 AM
Don't get me started on my favorite CC characters. Ok, you technically just did... So here I go!

Chrono Cross is one of those unique games that sport a vast number of playable characters. Only the godly Suikoden series sports more (Another game I can spew on for hours about). Plus the elements in CC make the characters unique from eachother beyond that of even Suikoden. here i will go over my favorite characters from each element and of course why they are so dear to me.

White: Why aren't there more?

Serge is your main character, and like him or hate him you are stuck with him, at least until you beat it and can replace him. I like Serge, which is a plus because going through a game with a hero you hate is like torture (Cough *FF8* Cough). Serge weilds the unique Swallow weapon which I find has pretty high accuracy. His ability to use magic well makes him an above average character, another plus in RPGs.

Sadly i find Serge the only really decent White Element character of actual use. Riddel and Steena are decent, but there are WAY better people. Riddel IS the best magician, but her defense and accuracy are so poor, she is a waste on my time. Starky is OK, again, better characters out there. Steena = meh. Pip kinda counts, but theres a LOT of work to make him half as good as Serge and Glenn. Doc is useful, but like most characters, he is overshadowed by others greatness.

Blue: Useful upon useful

Fargo. If you think he sucks, you need to be hit by a train. He has great attack, decent accuracy, his specials are useful, especially the Pillage one. He often makes my final group. Defensively good and has innate of blue so healing is even easier for him. Magically, not the best, but definitely not the worst.

Marcy, the little Diva girl packs a mean punch. Her attack is decent, magin=c is above average and can take a hit well. No major weakness other than she dies quick against magic, but I'm so good I rarely get that low in HP without a heal coming her way.

Orlha is rivaled with Zoah as far as brute power goes. her accuracy makes her better than Zoah and her specials leave Zoah in the dust. But like standard RPG formats go, high power = low magic ability. Orlha is no exception. You want a Blue slugfer, Orlha is your lady.

Nikki is the first decent blue person you can get, I find he is better than both Leena and Korcha. Thus I take him over Pierre and Guile (who is the obvious second choice). Nikki stays in my party until the Lynx exchange. After that he rides the bench. But definitely useful in both magic and physical ability.

Leena, Irenes, Korcha and Pierre are all mediocre. Sure Pierre is great once you collect his equipment, but until then he bites. Irenes is probably the best magician out of the blue family, but CC is a game where well rounded outshadows specialty mages/fighters. Sorry.

Red: Fiery hot vixens and fat mommas

Kid, if I need to explain why, you need to die. For those who are facing death I will explain. She steals, she's cute and shes probably one of the best well rounded characters in the game. Magic and Fighting, defense and Magic defense, she has it all, and in no short supply. Its a shame you can't have her throuout the entire game.

Macha is the fat momma I previously mentioned. Surpringly enough she is the most useful person from Guldove. She hits HARD, gets criticals up the butt and has decent magic ability. Scarily enough, she looks like my mother.

Miki is the sexy vixen I mentioned before. She is what I call a well rounded character, if you catch my drift. No seriously, she is pretty good. Her magic is the best in the red family, and her physical is below average, but she so hot that doesn't matter. Her specials do a surprisingly high amount of damage for her weak normal attacks, dispite her red element she makes a decent healer, reason why? her accuracy is unsurpassed, i think i've seen her miss a 2 attack twice. And I've played CC a LOT.

Janice is the winner of the WTF award. Not only is she one of the weirdest characters square has made, but she is definitely the most underated. Who would have thunk she is the BEST over all red character in CC aside from our dear Kid. She hits hard, but without the criticals of Macha, dishes out decent magic, not quite Miki leveled magic, but she can take a lot more hits than out sexy dancer. Her Magic defense is wonderful too. Then you have her specials. not the best ever, but boy are they creative! I have used her in the final battle once, and that was because she was having a stellar game. Try her out, you won't regret it.

that leaves Zappa, Greco and Draggy. Zappa is all power, no magic. Only one character pulls that off, and its not him. Draggy is cute, and has potential to be great, but falls short to Janice and Macha everytime. Greco sucks, which sucks. He looks so cool. C'mon a wrestler who can talk to the dead? Sweet.

Black: Who woulda thunk Skelly sucked so bad? ME

Lynx: See serge, but place black where it says white. Oh. yeah. theres also the best special in the game too. FOREVER ZERO!!!!!! Behold power in its truest form!

Grobyc: I mentioned a character that can be all power and no magic and pull it off. You all thought i was refering to the lummox that is Zoah. WRONG. The highest guarded secret in CC is that Grobyc is the hardest hitter and has sweet specials and can take a hit. He is quite literally a metal tank. Zoah can suck one. Often makes my final squad.

Harle: Qu'est-ce que je peux dire ? Harle est mortel et beau. Si je pourrais choisir un caractčre de jeu vidéo pour faire mon épouse, je choisis Harle. Elle a la grande attaque, grande magie mais défense faible. Miki n'a rien sur Harle.
--------
For those who don't speak french, I said she rocks my socks and she rocks enemies too. "Dream of moi"- Oh, I do!

Guile is the opposite of Grobyc. he's the only all magic character i can fathom musing the whole game. but alas, He is quickly replaced early on. My friend patrick kept him and used him in every battle he possibly could. His Guile = God. To dispel rumors, NO he is not Magus. Magus could physically beat you down as much as he could with magic. They both happen to like floating that is all.

Mojo and Luccia are ok, but thats if you spend time using them, why waste time on those two when you have better characters. Oh, theres Skelly too. Only get him to get character completion. If I ever find out you use him, I will come over to you house and lynch you by your (use your imagination, and if you are a girl... I will still lynch you by that region, just with a sharp rusty hook)

Yellow: If it weren't for Norris, it'd be a lost cause

Norris: The single really good character from the yellow family. He is VERY good. Like most other very good characters, he is well rounded but better than most well rounded characters even. His ONLY weakness is accuracy, which after using him a lot gets much better. He has great attack, great specials and can take a hit iby both magic and physical. Very versatile character. Another character I bring to the final fight often. I have a thing for guns too. Go Norris.

Sneff is possibly the only other good yellow character. Only for is HP Shuffle special. With a bit of luck (which Sneff has a lot of) he can turn his mediocre HP into exorbitantly high amounts. Decent magic backs him up, but poor attack and sub-par defense prevents him from being great.

Poshul, Mel, Viper, Zoah, Funguy and Leah all have disadvantages worth removing them from the party. Poshul Is only good until you get someone better (Kid and Leena), Mel I never got early enough to make any difference, Viper isn't bad, but nor is he good. Zoah, if you read everything above you can tell i don't like him much. Brute force only works for Grobyc. Funguy has decent attack and defense but hes weak against magic bigtime. Leah is strong and accurate but you get her rather late and Norris beats her as far as a party member goes.

Green: Home of the ultimate Glenn

Glenn is THE best character in the game, hands down. Double Einlanzer. Awesome magic, defense and attack. His combo move with Serge isn't bad if you are facing someone weak to red. Another rumor is that Glenn is Frog from CT. No, chronologically he would have been long dead. I know there's time travel in the first one, but Frog opted to stay in his original time so that history would remain as it was. I can't rule out that Glenn is Frog's decendant however, there has been no proof of such.

Van is only great for that occasional cheat. Start the battle hit a few times to get your summon ready, hit with van to get his Wet Paint ability, use it, with luck get the color you need, summon away! If you don't get the color, reset and do again.

Karsh is another of those really good people that I use a lot. His strength is awesome, accuracy is awesome and his magic is decent. Makes a cool healer actually, seeing his innate is green.

Radius is another decent guy you can toss in you party, well rounded for an old coot. Good accuracy.

NioFio, Sprigg (unique, but bad) Razzly and Turnip aren't good. Actually Turnip may be worse than Skelly, or so my brother states, but I refuse to use Skelly to test it out. At least Turnip isn't as hard to get.

There. I don't think i forgot anyone, if I did.. Meh, they prolly suck. I've wasted enough of your time. Thanks for reading.

Mercen-X
08-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Serge
Pierre, Nikki
Kid, Miki
Grobyc, Harle, Mojo, Skelly
Norris, Poshul
Glenn

I thought you were supposed to be able to play as Dario at one point (after defeating the freakin' bastard)

Aphelion
08-11-2005, 12:52 AM
Brilliant character evaluation, RedCydranth. :D

I voted for Guile. Yeah, he is cool. That's all. :D

Mercen-X
08-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Well, apparently, you can't play as Dario.

Anyway, Glenn having an "X Strike" attack with Serge is enough to convince me he is at least a descendant of Frog. (old friend of whom was also a Dario)

G SpOtZ
08-11-2005, 08:26 AM
1) STARKY! (i call him PuPu) because if you put him at the front of you're line, you can walk like you're on the moon!
2) tie with Serge and Glenn cuz they rock the same..
3) Poshul (i call him Snoopy) because he's a pink dog!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-11-2005, 09:06 PM
WHat the hell!! where is Grobyc, and Pip! Glenn and Grobyc are the best then pip in holybeast form, cause he looks cool. but really, why the hell arent pip and grobyc on that list?

Yoko-sama
08-12-2005, 06:21 PM
I liked Karsh and Norris^^;;Lynx was cool too I gues and Kid

Neen
08-24-2005, 09:32 PM
OMFGHASGKAY.!@%&!%!!!!!

Harle. *points to avatar and signature* Harle x 10000000000000000.

I also love Serge, Norris, and Riddel...(I have a domain named after her...)