PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest?!?!

TogiB
07-11-2003, 05:51 AM
has anyone heard of the final fantasy for super nintendo called final fantasy mystic Quest?!?!?!?! my cousin owns it, and i have never heard of it anywhere before. if anyone has any info on the game, please let me know. is it a branch of some other FF, or is it a stand alone thing? it has some pretty unique aspects to it, kinda like secret of mana meets ff meets zelda. please help!! Squaresoft doesn't even mention it on their site!!!

Edgar
07-11-2003, 12:01 PM
In my frank and most honest opinion, tell your cousin NOT to play it. It's terrible imo...and it's not a big hit from what I hear...

edczxcvbnm
07-11-2003, 01:13 PM
The game is awesome. People here just don't like it because they want some 45 hour riviting story.

crono_logical
07-11-2003, 03:11 PM
Come on, you can't deny the decent soundtrack in it :p And even if it is short and easy for an experienced RPG player, it's still fun to play :p

m4tt
07-11-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by TogiB
Squaresoft doesn't even mention it on their site!!!

They don't list half their games on their site. :P

BG-57
07-11-2003, 03:49 PM
I had it and gave it away (but I can get it back easily enough). It's a simplified version of the FF series. It's short but still enjoyable. The only problem I have with it is that you only have two character parties, which is fatal if one is petrified or killed.

All the enemies are visible immobile icons on the dungeons so there are no random encounters. You can avoid unecessary battles (of course you have to fight everything to get to every single chest). the monster icons give clues as to what you're going to fight.

It's a little like the earlier FF series because you don't pick who goes in your party. Whoever travels with your hero depends on the requirements of the plot.

Casting magic can be expensive, but once you get access to a shop that sells MP-restoring items, the game gets real easy.

Flying Mullet
07-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Yeah, it's was designed as an "Entry Level RPG"(that's what it ays on the box, I still own it). It is Zelda meets Final Fantasy in the sense that you do interact with your environment to hit switches and stuff. While there isn't much replay value to it(you always fight the same enemies in the same spots), the graphics and sound are awesome. I always loved the bright colors in the game and the music will get your heart pumping.

Ouch!
07-11-2003, 08:48 PM
I've only heard of it when it was being bashed. I think it's like the "Final Fantasy Legend" series. I have the third one in that and stopped playing it a long time ago. Same with Final Fantasy Adventure. The legends are like old school FFs, but Adventure sounds a lot like Mystic Quest. BTW, the ones I mentioned are on GameBoy.

TheAbominatrix
07-12-2003, 02:45 AM
Mystic Quest and the Adventure series arent really FF games, if I remember correctly. They were different games in Japan, and given the Final Fantasy name to promote sales when they were exported. I so I hear.

JeffTheGreat1138
07-15-2003, 01:26 PM
You're right about FF Adventure, but I think Mystic Quest was always Final Fantasy. (If I'm wrong, then feel free to flame me)

§håd0w
07-15-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Edgar
In my frank and most honest opinion, tell your cousin NOT to play it. It's terrible imo...and it's not a big hit from what I hear...

you've obviously heard wrong, because the game introduces a lot of thing that are going to be in FFX-2, such as being able to jump

Rude
07-15-2003, 07:50 PM
edczxcvbnm is correct in his assertation that Final Fantasy Mystic Quest is one of the best games around.