PDA

View Full Version : Best FF IX Music

tuckerpowers
07-11-2003, 09:05 AM
loss of me, jesters of the moon, what is your best ff ix music?

loss of me would have to be my best song, its so soft and makes you very sleepy with its piano playing.

Edit by Big D: It's better to use the edit/delete button to alter your posts, rather than posting twice in a row.:)

Big D
07-11-2003, 09:28 AM
My favourites...
'Loss of Me/Rose of May', 'Those who we must protect', 'You're not alone!', 'Melody of Corruption' and last, but certainly not least, 'Melodies of Life'. Great song in English or Japanese.

Oh, FFIX's version of the Prelude is also quite charming, too.

tuckerpowers
07-11-2003, 09:34 AM
coollyou sure know alot oof songs, i like kujas them aswell, the piano version when you are on the way to oilvert

Big D
07-11-2003, 09:37 AM
Both the songs from Oeilvert itself were quite cool, too - the numbers entitled "Transient Past" and "Oeilvert". Very deep and pseudo-spiritual, quite fitting for that epic section of the game.

tuckerpowers
07-11-2003, 09:40 AM
whatdo you think of vivi's theme, i like it, its the sng at the very start when your the black mage.

Big D
07-11-2003, 09:48 AM
Vivi's theme is kind of catchy, but a little childish for my tastes. That stands to reason, since he's a child himself. I liked the other, related themes though - like the music played during the attack on Lindblum, which is based on the same 'Black Mage theme' as Vivi's tune.

One of the most touching pieces of music in the game is "Mage versus Mage", from the cargo ship scene when Vivi is watching the dead Black Mages tumble out of the airship.

tuckerpowers
07-11-2003, 09:51 AM
thats a nice piece of music where all the black mages tumble out and vivi at th end gets very angry causing him to go into trance, what do you think of the song 'border village',? another words dali if you didnt know

Big D
07-11-2003, 10:50 AM
The music for Dali was gentle, but unremarkable in my opinion. Just like the village itself. It had a nice, slow, pastoral feel to it, in comparison to, say, Lindblum Castle's bold, brash, regal march.

tuckerpowers
07-11-2003, 04:18 PM
lindblum castle is good but lindblum i think itself music is much better, the drums and that stuff!!!

m4tt
07-11-2003, 05:38 PM
I like the little love letter music. When everyone is watching Steiner and Beatrix. It's a goofy upbeat kinda thing. Yeah.

tuckerpowers
07-11-2003, 05:47 PM
the letter music is called i think loss of me, its really soothing music if it is it, what do you or anyone else think of branbal or hilda garde airship music

Psychotic
07-11-2003, 06:27 PM
"You're not Alone" has to be my persona fave.

tuckerpowers
07-11-2003, 06:33 PM
yes one of my favourites is your not alone, i could listen to it aload of times along with branbal

Big D
07-12-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by tuckerpowers
the letter music is called i think loss of me, its really soothing music if it is it, what do you or anyone else think of branbal or hilda garde airship music Nope. 'Loss of Me' is the mournful version of Beatrix's theme. The love letter music is called 'Slew of Love Letters'.

Heath
07-12-2003, 01:39 PM
I've always liked Kuja's theme along with Freya's. The letter music is nice, I agree there.
I like The Dark Messenger which added an enjoyable part to a disappointing boss battle.

Silent Warrior
07-12-2003, 03:44 PM
*1 R TEH KR4ZY* I actually prefer Terra and that thing with all the organs (Pandemonium?) above all else - Pandemonium I liked for the effect it produced, not the... melodic quality. I didn't think much of You're not alone, so it's useless trying to coax me in that direction.

m4tt
07-12-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Big D
Nope. 'Loss of Me' is the mournful version of Beatrix's theme. The love letter music is called 'Slew of Love Letters'.

Yeah, I was gonna post that when I got home, but I forgot. :p Slew of Love Letters is cool.

HOOTERS
07-12-2003, 05:01 PM
Steiners theme, Tantalus' theme, Melodies of Life and Kuja's theme. I also really like Jesters of the Moonless Sky and I like playing it on the piano.

Sefie1999AD
07-12-2003, 05:15 PM
Melodies of Life, You're Not Anone, Ambush Attack, Mage vs Mage were among my favorite tracks in FF9 OST and FF9 OST Plus.

Many people here seem to like Kuja's themes. I think Dark Messenger was my favorite version of Kuja's theme (it plays when you fight him in the Memoria and it has pieces of his melody), but Immoral Melody is also great.

nanakixiii
07-12-2003, 06:37 PM
My all time favorite is the battle music when you fight the king in the play for the first time. (Zidane, Marcus, Cinna, Blanc vs. king, zenero, benero whatever). That goes soooo well with the mood, and that's my all time favorite FF music. (that's like the main reason why i bought the sound track!!)

Yeah, but FFIX has the best music in my opinion. I like Beatrix's piano thing (track 2 disc 3, if you have the soundtrack), freya's theme, melodies of life, prelude, kuja's battle music (when fighting him as last boss), and all play music (including the end).

Furumuun
07-13-2003, 08:51 PM
The last battle against Necron.
Immortal Rythm
Footsteps Of Desire
Iifa Tree
Loss Of Me
Melodies Of Life in Japanese.
Song of Memory.

Rude
07-14-2003, 06:45 PM
Dark Messenger (Trance Kuja battle theme)
Hunter's Chance (Festival of the Hunt theme)
We are Thieves (I think this is a various of the Tantalus theme).

tuckerpowers
07-15-2003, 08:27 PM
thanx for replying everyone to my forum, i think all the music all of you have mentioned is fantastic, its such brilliant music, dark city treno is brilliant it fits the city life, with alll the people never going to sleep and always in the auction or buying things!!!

TheSpoonyBard
08-03-2003, 11:40 PM
I like "Melodies Of Life" when Dagger "la's" to it in Dali. I know that sounds a bit confuseing, but I hope you know the bit I'm talking about.

Flare_Star
08-09-2003, 12:22 PM
I think Dark Messenger is reely cool because of that "you are going to die" tune. I also like the song which Dagger sings

Aya Nekoneko
08-11-2003, 12:34 AM
Endless Sorrow and Loss of Me.

Both sorrowful songs that I completely love. Especially Endless Sorrow. It sounds so melancholy that I actually tear-up when I hear it. It's just too beautiful.

ShadyMilkman
08-18-2003, 02:51 AM
I'd have to say the music they play in the "Pandemonium: Hello, my name is Zidane and I think I can beat Garland all by my little lonesome, so screw you all" music... Oh, and the music on the Hilda Garde III.... it fits the mood of the game... its very: "That's right. you put me down, but I'm back up ad nothing can stop me now!" sorta feeling. love it.

Angel_Reaper
10-06-2003, 04:07 AM
Dark Messenger it's sinister sounding and Garnet's song she sings very beautiful song.

Xander
10-06-2003, 09:10 AM
Dark Messenger is my favourite it rocks ^^
But other than that the ones I remember and like the most are Melodies of Life, including the mixes of it played throughout the game (the world map one is cool), and Sleepless City Treno. That song is just so catchy! I can't remember a lot of the other music or what it was called but I'm sure there was more I liked, I thought FFIX had some great music in ^^

But those three are the ones that I remember the most and liked the best :)

TheSpoonyBard
10-06-2003, 09:59 PM
Dark Messenger - that's Kuja's theme, isn't it? Anyways, has anyone noticed the drum beat in Kuja's theme is very similar to that of the Shinra theme of FF7? It's almost exactly the same, they've just sped it up a bit.

I like all the music in the game. I love the way each piece is custom-made to fit the mood of the game, and is enhances the experience of playing so much more.

Xander
10-07-2003, 05:56 PM
I don't think that Dark Messenger is the same as Kuja's theme as I have the two different songs on my comp. Dark Messenger is played during one of the final battles with Trance Kuja. It's more upbeat and rock-ish. Kuja's theme... I can't remember where it's played but it's sort of more piano, kinda slower and mournful.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong ^^ I hope to get the cd soon for the soundtrack (when I save up £34!) :D

Cz
10-07-2003, 08:09 PM
Melodies of Life, Loss of Me, Eiko's theme, Tantalus' theme, You're Not Alone, and absoloutely anything that involves Kuja (although Dark Messenger is the best of his tunes).

FFIX probably has my favourite soundtrack of any game in the series. I can't remember another soundtrack fitting a game so well as FFIX's.

Alexis
10-12-2003, 12:06 PM
As black mage has said,best musics are the dark messenger,you're not alone,loss of me,and the musics when the dragon attack the airship!!!

Heath
10-12-2003, 03:09 PM
The music that plays during that FMV is called Skirmish of the Silver Dragons.

Alexis
10-13-2003, 05:28 PM
Yes i adore this music,i always listen it when i come back to home after a long day of work!!!

Sephiroth2088
10-15-2003, 01:40 AM
I liked shinra's theme in ff7 and of course liked the simular kuja's theme in ff9

Angel_Eyes
10-15-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Xander
I hope to get the cd soon for the soundtrack (when I save up £34!) :D

I want the soundtrack :( FF stuff is SO rare in the UK and the only time I saw a copy of the FFIX soundtrack was when I was comptely broke >_< When I went back the next week it had gone. Bah

My favourite tracks were Dark Messenger, You're Not Alone (so amzing cool), Melodies of Life (both versions), that music that plays when the Black Waltz 3 attacks the airship in Dali, and the battle theme. And the final battle music was pretty cool also.

Alexis
10-15-2003, 07:23 PM
FF9 is the ff who has the best music,they're magics!!!You're not alone is beautiful!!!

Xander
10-15-2003, 08:30 PM
Angel_Eyes, you can get the FFIX soundtrack here:

http://www.otaku.co.uk

Here's a direct link to the page with it on which may or may not work..

http://www.otaku.co.uk/cgi-bin/itemview.asp?itemid=57319c

I recommend the site, it's very good, I got the FFVII soundtrack from there and also the FF heroines figures. Will get the FFIX one from there when I get more money like I said.. maybe after Christmas :D

Angel_Eyes
10-16-2003, 03:43 PM
Thank you Xander^_^ Have to convince my dad to lend me his credit card though *rolls eyes*

The Man
10-17-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Darkness
Dark Messenger - that's Kuja's theme, isn't it? Anyways, has anyone noticed the drum beat in Kuja's theme is very similar to that of the Shinra theme of FF7? It's almost exactly the same, they've just sped it up a bit.It's old news that Nobuo borrows from himself. Compare Aeris' theme to Celes' theme, or "Eyes on Me" to Relm's theme.

Anyway, my favourites, in no particular order, would have to be the various versions of Kuja's theme, the various versions of Freya's theme, the various versions of "The Place I'll Return To Someday," "Melodies of Life," "You're Not Alone!," "Terra," "Bran Bal, the Soulless City," "The Sword of Doubt," "Loss of Me," "Gargan Roo," "The Awakened Forest," "Black Mage Village," and "Song of Memories." All in all this was a quite solid soundtrack.

Big D
10-17-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Darkness
Dark Messenger - that's Kuja's theme, isn't it? Anyways, has anyone noticed the drum beat in Kuja's theme is very similar to that of the Shinra theme of FF7? It's almost exactly the same, they've just sped it up a bit.

It's old news that Nobuo borrows from himself. Compare Aeris' theme to Celes' theme, or "Eyes on Me" to Relm's theme.Incidentally, the rest of Kuja's Theme (Melody of Corruption, rather than Dark Messenger which plays during the final confrontaton with him) is the Desert Temple music from FFV. It's strange that the main villain's theme in FFIX is wholly unoriginal...

Garnet Alexandros
10-25-2003, 10:04 PM
Melodies of Life
A song from her memory
Homeland

All of their themes rock

Sky over Alexandria
Memory Erased by Storm
Vamos Alla Flemco (however you spell it :rolleyes2)
Prelude

Heck, I like all the songs, seriously!
:love:

Dr. Casey
10-26-2003, 12:23 AM
Where's the love for "Feel My Blade"?

Starcrest
10-26-2003, 03:12 PM
what is the normal battle song? Me like that

volkyrai
02-06-2004, 01:47 AM
Definately "Rose of May/Protecting my Devotion." I got chills when PMD played while

Alexandria was destroyed and Steiner and Beatrix were fighting side-by-side.

PeTeRL90
02-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Lesse...

'You're Not Alone!', 'The Dark Messenger','Burmecian Kingdom', and the battle theme and the last battle theme.

black orb
02-09-2004, 02:39 AM
>>> I like Kuja`s theme (not dark messenger), I like Terra and Esto gaza music too..

SpiritWolf
03-08-2004, 03:30 AM
Your Not Alone is definatly me fav. I also like Hunters Chance, Loss of Me, Dark Messanger, Final Battle, Something to protect, and Feel My Blade.

Kirobaito
03-08-2004, 04:20 AM
I'm quite obsessed with "Melodies of Life". I'm playing it right now, actually.

Clyde Arronway
04-11-2004, 01:37 AM
Rose of may (if that's beatrix... they should have an entire game for her)
Melodies of life
you are not alone

all very good.

and the battle theme! it's the first battle theme in so long to use the basic design of the majority of FF battle themes. (I, II, III, IV and IV boss battle, V, VI, IX)

Aphelion
04-11-2004, 03:11 PM
Melodies of Life (I'm the only guy in the entire school that know what the music means) and the Battle Theme.

Del Murder
04-11-2004, 07:03 PM
Protecting my Devotion is my favorite FF song ever.

ShadyMilkman
04-14-2004, 02:33 AM
My absolute favorite form ANY FF game is Dark Messenger. And A Face Unforgotten comes in a close second

Death Sign
04-19-2004, 10:31 AM
I loves melodies of Life whit Emiko Shiratori... so great... the English version of course... I has a hard time understanding the Jap ver. whit out a translator! And a close place after it is the popular Dark Messanger... Have ya heard at the FF radio??? Well I have a couple of time atleast!

Clyde Arronway
04-20-2004, 10:30 PM
I heard the most disturbing melodies of life version song thing I think I've ever heard in my life. The person making it thought that it was too slow and quiet, so he made the heavy metal techno dance remix version. :O_O: :O_O: :O_O: :O_O: :O_O:

crono_logical
04-21-2004, 12:55 AM
The live version of Melodies of Life where she starts the song in Japanese, switches to English for one verse half way through, then back to Japanese again is interesting, if only because of the change in language :p

There's plenty of good tracks in FF9 though, but I'll mention Daughter of Madain Sari as being a good one because it's not on the original OST but on the OST+ instead - it's a weird mix of Eiko's and Dagger's themes playing on top of each other :p

Death Sign
04-21-2004, 10:15 AM
Cool!

Krisp
04-22-2004, 07:32 PM
The battle song. And the Melodys of Life those are my favorites.

ShadyMilkman
04-22-2004, 10:20 PM
What's the name of the track played during the fight with Necron? I love the mournful wails at the beginning that go right alond with the music. That's good Johnson!

Death Sign
04-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Ya know when Zidane walks and towards the boss alone and deny help from his friends...? And in the middle of the battle Vivi and the others joins in? That song... I want it. But I don't nkow the name of it!

Big D
04-23-2004, 01:02 PM
That one's called "You're not alone!", and it's considered one of FF's classics.:cool:

Death Sign
04-23-2004, 01:07 PM
THX man! I wasn't shore but THX I heard it at the FFradio not long ago!

Ultima Shadow
04-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Yes, You're not alone is my favorite, along with The dark messenger.

Death Sign
04-30-2004, 11:18 AM
Feel My Blade isn't so bad either! And I listen to dark messanger every day... and since I also like... Well Beatrix and Steiner couple theme... Ya know when they fights togheter!

Clyde Arronway
05-01-2004, 06:50 PM
Beatrix is good. There's a wierd combination song of Rose of May and frog's theme from CC. It's very good. But, no offence, death sign... how can you listen to "feel my blade" daily? I's good mabey once, but doesn't it get a little old. Well, to each his own.

Armisael
05-25-2004, 08:22 AM
melodies of life,loss of me,you're not alone,crossing the knoll,mystery sword and bittersweet romance.i like these the most. :) :tongue: