PDA

View Full Version : Aeris...? (Possible Spoilers?)

Deandre
07-11-2003, 10:03 AM
When I went back to Aeris' church later in the game (using the key I got in Mideel), I saw Aeris in a flash and she immediately disappeared.

At first I thought it was my imagination, but when I left Midgar and then came back it happened again!
I thought it was a bug in my copy of FF or something, but a friend of mine had the same.

So, everyone who CAN do it, please look if you have that too.

A bug? A secret?

I don't know, can anyone of you tell me about this?

Big D
07-11-2003, 11:28 AM
That's happened ot me, too.
It's not a bug - just Aeris' spirit on its way back to the planet. It was a really moving moment for me the first time I saw it, especially when she disappeared before Cloud could speak to her and the boy asked, "Hey! Where's the flower lady?"

Since this thread's title is a spoiler itself, I'm going to change it.

*Changes*

Deandre
07-11-2003, 02:18 PM
Ah, so now I see :)

Evil_Cloud
07-11-2003, 05:16 PM
Ya, everyone can go back and see the Aeris flashback in the slums. hehe, when i first saw it i tried to sneak up on her so she wouldnt vanish, lol.

Flying Mullet
07-11-2003, 05:21 PM
Actually, get 10 of each of the three master materia(command, magic and summon), then go to the sleeping man by Junon. When you have run from 7777 battles(same number needed as for the 7777 battle trick) he will trade you the "Waking Elixir" for 10 of each ofthe master materias. Take the "Waking Elixir" back to the church in the slums, and after Aeris disappears walk up to the flowers that you fall on at the beginning of the game. Use the "Waking Elixir" on the flowers, then Cloud will look up and say, "What was that noise?". Go up to the top of the church, where you ran away at the beginning of the game, and Aeris will be standing at the edge of the top of the church, ready to rejoin your party. :D

ForeverZeroUltima
07-11-2003, 10:13 PM
REALLY???????????
strange...
anyway, how the heck do you get 10 of each Master Materia? master all the materia, take the born ones and master them over and over again?

Evil_Cloud
07-11-2003, 10:24 PM
Dont believe him ForeverZeroUltima, that is entirely BS. You cant get Aeris back without a gamshark. So dont believe his BS.

Wightraven
07-12-2003, 02:38 AM
Do it! Listen to his BS! I've got Aeris in my party with that trick, as well as Sephiroth and Zack! All I had to do was get 100 Masamunes and 100 of those vaccuum thingers and...

... well anyway, I've heard of this phenomena before. A neat thing put in there by the boys and girls at Square, but I've never actually been arsed enough to go see it.

TheAbominatrix
07-12-2003, 02:48 AM
Now now, dont tease people into thinking they can ressurect Aeris.

See the 'Important' post in the FF VII section of the message boards, it'll answer all your questions about Aeris rumors. And everything else you need to know about VII.

And I did like that addition of her at the church. Very pretty.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-12-2003, 03:21 AM
o..........k........................

Big D
07-12-2003, 08:54 AM
Fake rumours can be awfully amusing, but please don't post them unless it's completely clear that they're fake. Outrageous claims or a disclaimer should be enough, but rumours are, strictly speaking, against the rules.

Everyone should read this thread (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17635), too.

TheAbominatrix
07-12-2003, 08:55 AM
That's the one I meant. Thanks for posting the link, oh biggest of D's. I'm simply useless when it comes to such things. *drama*

Big D
07-12-2003, 08:59 AM
My friend's cousin's half-brother's aunt swears that, if you obtain 99 Vodka Potions and a Cheese Chocobo, you can free Barbie from Bondage.

TheAbominatrix
07-12-2003, 09:30 AM
*gasp* Dude! Barbie was my favorite character, and when she went into bondage I was so sad! Thank you so much!

*runs off to do a bunch of crap that has absolutely nothing to do with the character and makes absolutely no sense*

Deandre
07-12-2003, 10:22 AM
Lol :p

I read somewhere about getting Zack in your team... But the thing is; it's so easy to make something up and make the assignment too hard (like the 10-huge materia thing)...
Nobody's gonna try it anyway,
and even if it's possible, people always say "But I'm not sure if it's like this or that, because the 2nd time it didn't work!"

That sort of thing...:o

But there is one thing; if you combine the Murasame (that you can win @ Gold Saucer)with Aeris' Princess Guard with that guy who tells you about the Key (where you can get the Great Gospel), he will turn the two things into a super weapon for Cid!
Until you get Cid's ultimate weapon, this is the strongest!

Ahem, not :mog:

ForeverZeroUltima
07-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Big D
My friend's cousin's half-brother's aunt swears that, if you obtain 99 Vodka Potions and a Cheese Chocobo, you can free Barbie from Bondage.

what the..............?!?

chocoboy
07-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Zack in your party? HAH! Zack is dead, go back to the Shinra mansion on disk 3. Underground, right at the end, in the room with the books. Enjoy the movie! Zack is NEVER a playable character! The coding isn't even on the disk to exploit with cheat cartridges!
You can't ressurect anybody, but you can have fun with gameshark codes. Sepiroth gets annoying, only has 5 attacks, only works on disk 1, and the game crashes when you get to a section where the characters jump out of Clouds pants to talk!

*wanders off to try and save Barbie from bondage* Damned chocobos won't turn into cheese!

Deandre
07-12-2003, 09:07 PM
Zack's stupid anyway :p

Zack (dead)
07-12-2003, 09:23 PM
Damn you! :mad2:

And I'm not dead! :cry:

Deandre
07-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Whatever :D

Anyway, everything's been cleared up about the Aeris-thing now :)

TheAbominatrix
07-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Here's a good tip to remember: If getting an extra party member or reclaiming an old one, no matter what game its in, involves something stupid that has absolutely nothing to do with that person or death, it's probably not true.

You do realize that Aerith would be blue by the time you got her out, and her eyes would have been eaten by fishes, right? And how would you find her? *Shin Ra company sends in the dive teams*

Radje
07-12-2003, 10:58 PM
Poor newbies....poor newbies poor poor newbies

Deandre
07-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by radje
Poor newbies....poor newbies poor poor newbies

Lol...

Yah well we all were one once :o

Wightraven
07-13-2003, 01:11 AM
You do realize that Aerith would be blue by the time you got her out, and her eyes would have been eaten by fishes, right?

I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT!!!

*goes off and tries every ressurect Aeris trick ever to get this ultra-cool zombie Aeris*

PhoenixAsh
07-13-2003, 01:34 AM
I can't believe this still gets a discussion. Anyway TheAbominatrix isn't this a bit hypocrytical after recently demanding for an R=U thread to be shut down?

TheAbominatrix
07-13-2003, 01:45 AM
I didnt demand anything should be shut down. I asked that the same people stop rehashing it, particularily when the mods asked that such things be stopped. I havent been rehashing anything, nor arguing with anyone. I was merely warning people not to fall for the constant 'Aeris can be resurrected' b.s. I dont see a single argument in this thread, as a matter of fact. And not everything I post has to do with Aeris being un-ressurectable, I was replying to what people said. And making jokes with Big D, obviously.

Edit: And to note, the fact that Aeris cannot be resurrected is a fact, and has been stated by Square. Not a theory that cant be proven no matter how many times you restate the facts and opinions.

PhoenixAsh
07-13-2003, 02:41 AM
*Grins* I'll resist the temptation to go and quote you.

Actually thats a point, didn't these get banned too? Like when they put up the big New Posters Please View thread at the top of the forum.

M'eh either way, I'm happy that R=U's back.

TheAbominatrix
07-13-2003, 02:48 AM
If they were, I wasnt aware of it. And I would assume that if they were, they were done so before I returned, seeing as I've only been posting since the last EoFF meeting.

And feel free to quote, but again, do it in pm. We're getting way off topic, as if our 'Barbie in Bondage' joke wasnt off enough. Though I know you wont. I'm not replying to anything further on this, and if I argued with or annoyed anyone else, I apologise.

Big D
07-13-2003, 03:48 AM
Yeah, we WERE discussing the theological implications of Aeris' spirit appearing in the Church. The rumour jokes were meant to remind people of the dangers of absurd claims, and to draw their attention to the stickied thread at the top of this forum.

PhoenixAsh
07-13-2003, 04:05 AM
Okay, though the discussion of Aeris' ghost ended after four posts.

I guess it's worth a shot bringing it up again. Err.... so it's see through.... how about that?

No seriously though. I'd like to know why they made the descision to do it. Given it directly contradicts what Bugenhagen said maybe Square wanted to show that Aeris couldn't return to the Earth until she summoned Holy. Or maybe they wanted to show that she felt the flowers deserved her remaining time over Cloud.

TheAbominatrix
07-13-2003, 04:11 AM
There was a statement by Square, I believe, that said they were planning to make it possible to resurrect her, but the plan was scrapped due to time constraint, as someone said up here.

Anyway, it may have been... I cant remember the word. It's a theory that when someone spends enoygh time in a place, an essence of them remains even after they're gone. Or maybe her spirit was just drawn there, because of all the good memories she had there. That was her favorite place, and that was where she met Cloud.

Big D
07-13-2003, 04:18 AM
Given it directly contradicts what Bugenhagen said...It doesn't, really. Aeris herself noted that spirits sometimes take a while to return to the Planet. Elmyra's departed husband, for instance, was on his way home to see her, but he rejoined the lifestream before he could reach her.:cry:

PhoenixAsh
07-13-2003, 04:21 AM
Hmmm odd I've never heard of that effect before, sounds interesting.

I'm pretty sure that Square statement was a very famous (In FFVII terms) hoax, but they may have said that since. It would have taken a lot for that to be true though, given they'd have had to pretty much make another third disc with new FMVs.

Edit: Really, I don't remember that, I remember the Aeris bit though, touche.

SOLDIER #819
07-13-2003, 09:45 AM
Sadly, SquareSoft couldn't complete a lot of things in the game, since Sony was pushing extremely hard for a release. Basically that had an effect on everything in the game, and of course, because of that, the way story the story had to be implemented and the sidequests were changed around, I guess...Which just...Yeah. I would have really, really, really liked to see a finished product of it. Although, even if it isn't totally complete, it's still my favorite Final Fantasy.

But I personally think...Uh...That perhaps it could have been the only remaining piece of an incomplete sidequest, that Square just said, "This would look neat! Let's leave it in here in memory of Aeris." and just...Through it in there, lol. Either that or it's just the lower portion, and they felt like adding it in to enhance emotion or the story (Or both.). Either way, they did a good job, I really liked them adding it in.

I personally don't believe it had anything to do with Aeris not returning to the Planet because Holy wasn't summoned though...Mostly because of what the story had said. By that, I mean a certain part of the game.

*INCOMING DISK 2 SPOILERS*

It had to do with the revisit to The City of Ancients. When the "music box" was activated by the Key, and you have the scene which reillustrates Aeris's death, you see that the Holy Materia is glowing a pale green. According to Bugenhagen, and other characters, it claims that when you have successfully spoken to the Planet, or made your "wish", or so forth, that it would glow a pale green. The reason Aeris had left to the party to go to the Temple of Ancients was to summon Holy, so if she was talking to the Planet...It would probably be to summon Holy. The reason Holy hadn't immediately taken effect was because Sephiroth was blocking it, as stated again by the party.

That was my interpretation though. And it's also my reason for thinking Aeris had returned to the Planet. But, then again, I don't know what Square has/had in store.

one_winged_angel
07-16-2003, 04:11 PM
Phoenix ash I noticed you said

M'eh either way

when actually "me" is a japanese term showing distaste to the word predecessing it.

I love picking faults, ladidadida *returns to dreaming of being perfect*

PhoenixAsh
07-16-2003, 08:00 PM
On the subject of faults, that's not how my name is written. I meant m'eh as in the noise. Meaning whatever.

SOLDIER I think you were right about Sephiroth (Jenova really) blocking Holy, but I'm still sure Aeris was helping after she died, or at least blocked along with Holy. She isn't green swirly stuff at the end of the game see.

SOLDIER #819
07-16-2003, 09:23 PM
*INCOMING FINAL FANTASY VII SPOIELRS*

Yes, which strengthens my point even further, I think. The green swirly stuff is Lifestream, the spiritual energy/life blood of the Planet. This shows even moreso that Aeris just may have returned to the Planet, or joined with it. It wasn't Holy that stopped and destroyed Meteor, it was the Lifestream...And it makes sense that Aeris would appear there...She most likely helped summon the Lifestream, along with many others, to put an end to Meteor. That's just all my opinion though, hehe. It's sad though, I didn't want Aeris to die. =(

PhoenixAsh
07-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Yeah, but she was still full colour and human shaped.

Max
07-17-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
Actually, get 10 of each of the three master materia(command, magic and summon), then go to the sleeping man by Junon. When you have run from 7777 battles(same number needed as for the 7777 battle trick) he will trade you the "Waking Elixir" for 10 of each ofthe master materias. Take the "Waking Elixir" back to the church in the slums, and after Aeris disappears walk up to the flowers that you fall on at the beginning of the game. Use the "Waking Elixir" on the flowers, then Cloud will look up and say, "What was that noise?". Go up to the top of the church, where you ran away at the beginning of the game, and Aeris will be standing at the edge of the top of the church, ready to rejoin your party. :D This really is bs

Big D
07-17-2003, 12:31 AM
No kidding. That's why he wrote it...

Yeah, but she was still full colour and human shaped.I think that might've been a dramatic effect - a parallel to the start of the game, when we see her face bathed in the glow of Mako. This came up at the end to hint that she was watching, was responsible for the Lifestream's intervention in the crisis. Her spirit was in the Lifestream, influencing it I think.

Max
07-17-2003, 12:32 AM
yea

§håd0w
07-24-2003, 12:00 AM
2 things?!?! where was the key in mideel? i must have missed that when i was there. and how would u get 10 of each master materia? i could see 2, maybe 3, but 10?!?! i know that was fake, but how would u get it? and someone tell me where the key is (or was), and if i can get it now.

Deandre
07-24-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by masamune1287
2 things?!?! where was the key in mideel? i must have missed that when i was there. and how would u get 10 of each master materia? i could see 2, maybe 3, but 10?!?! i know that was fake, but how would u get it? and someone tell me where the key is (or was), and if i can get it now.

Since he was joking about the 10-master materia thing.. Leave it. He was just fooling around...

The key is in Mideel, somewhere in the right-up corner of Mideel...

I believe you can get it from somewhere during disc 2...

§håd0w
07-25-2003, 12:48 AM
is it the sector 5 key u need to reenter? cuz if its that, i already have it. and can i get it in the 3rd disc or is it too late now?

Big D
07-25-2003, 02:57 AM
Yeah it's the Sector 5 key, which is found in Bone Village, not Mideel. The only key in Mideel is the 'beat-up old rusted key' which breaks when Tifa or Cid tries to use it to open the 'door which isn't really a door' in the Weapon Shop.

§håd0w
07-25-2003, 01:36 PM
alright. thanks D

Deandre
07-25-2003, 06:01 PM
Sorry Big D, that's what I meant... Switching names, bah :O

Somewhere up/right in Bone Village.

§håd0w
07-25-2003, 06:56 PM
ok i still havent seen aeris's "ghost" but o well. ill just have to believe u

Deandre
07-25-2003, 07:17 PM
Exit Midgar @ disc 3, then enter Midgar.
Go to Aeris' church and keep your eyes on the flower field.

§håd0w
07-26-2003, 08:51 PM
sweet. ill try it when i get off my lazy butt and walk to the basement. lol. im living in a 4 story house, and theres 2 flights of stairs to each floor, so u can imagine how tired i get when i do laundry.

Cloud45
08-03-2003, 10:13 PM
i know this is kinda stupid to say after what u guys said (there being no way to revive areis in all) b ut there is a way i heard of. i haven't tried it yet, but i was told when cloud is shaking and starting to give the black materia to sephiroth, talk to sephiroth as many times as u can and he will take the black materia but won't kill aeris.and another way is right before sephiroth kills aeris press X and it will kill someone else. i don't knoe if any of these work though.

TheAbominatrix
08-04-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Cloud45
i know this is kinda stupid to say after what u guys said (there being no way to revive areis in all) b ut there is a way i heard of. i haven't tried it yet, but i was told when cloud is shaking and starting to give the black materia to sephiroth, talk to sephiroth as many times as u can and he will take the black materia but won't kill aeris.and another way is right before sephiroth kills aeris press X and it will kill someone else. i don't knoe if any of these work though.

She's dead. You cant save her. Get over it.

Think about how stupid that method sound, regardless.

§håd0w
08-04-2003, 01:32 AM
some people are so pathetic

DelightfulSpekkio442
08-04-2003, 04:19 AM
*can't resist keeping the chain going*

I heard a great one that said that if you are a good jumper (???) you will jump over Aeris and Cloud will be killed instead...did I miss something? When in FF7 is your jumping ability quantified?

~MJE~

Brian The Pink Shark
08-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Yeah I saw it too

§håd0w
08-08-2003, 09:48 PM
yup. and if u die before sephiroth, aeris comes back and revives u and tells u to go to the church with an egg. if u throw it at the kid she will come back and get mad and the rejoin ur poarty. its all true man!!! i did it and have aeris in my party. its so true

*looks around*

Big D
08-09-2003, 06:06 AM
Dear oh dear. (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=603594#post603594)