PDA

View Full Version : Which card game is better?

Freya Coral
07-11-2003, 06:48 PM
I just wanted to see what you guys think. My favorite out of the two would have to be Triple Triad (no offense to any of you Tetra Master fans :D ).

crono_logical
07-11-2003, 06:51 PM
I preferred Triple Triad myself :p

And multiple FFs > General FF Forum :p

Flying Mullet
07-11-2003, 06:58 PM
Where's the "Go Fish" option?

Ah well, I guess I'll go with Tetra Master(I think, whichever is in FFIX, I can never remember).

Kalel
07-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Tetra Master was easier to play and I kicked butt in FFIX with it. But Triple Triad in FF8 was more realistic card game and fun too. I like Triple Triad better although I suck in that game. If you are having fun who cares if you stink.
:D

Advent Child
07-12-2003, 06:22 AM
Tetra Master. I actually know how to play it.

TheAbominatrix
07-12-2003, 07:01 AM
I hated Tetra Master. It just didnt make any sense to me and I didnt play the game long enoygh to actually learn it. Triple Triad was awesome, I spent so many hours playing it.. *le sigh*

Shoyku
07-12-2003, 07:43 AM
I found Triple Triad the easier game to play, and therefore, more enjoyable.

Dalkaen
07-12-2003, 08:09 AM
I definitely thing Triple Triad is the better game. I really liked that. ;)

Big D
07-12-2003, 09:51 AM
Triple Triad is at least plausible in real life. With Tetra Master, there are those numbers and letters which are so complex that very few people in FFIX's world even know what they mean. Yet, they still somehow manage to play. That's simply not possible. Imagine playing poker without knowing the value of each card...

"Well, I've got some cards with faces and some with numbers... they're all the same suit and..."

*opponent's cards change colour*

"YES!"

Jed
07-12-2003, 01:37 PM
Triple Triad wipes the floor with tetra Master... much less confusing, hence much less guesswork!!

I enjoyed Triple Triad so much I made a set of my own..... then discovered you can play online or buy on ebay :mad:

playaGAW
07-13-2003, 07:09 AM
Tetra Master waseasier to understand I didn't know how to even play Triple Triad until Tetra Master. Triple Triad also has all those stupid rules. It wasn't until I realized thearrows inTetra Master and numbers in Triple Triad serve the same purpose. Therefore in Tetra it is advantageous to play with cards with more arrows. In Triad cards with higher numbers. Tetra made me realize they are just variations of each other.

Blathnaid
07-13-2003, 06:22 PM
Personally, I liked Tetra Master better. Maybe becasue I never really got into Triple Triad, or FF8 for that matter, really too much. I rocked, and probably still do, at Tetra Master.

Aya Nekoneko
07-18-2003, 06:24 AM
Yknow I've had FFVIII for a few years and still I can't figure out how to play that blasted Triple Triad. I gave up a loooong time ago.

Tetra Master on the other hand is less tedious... and more fun. Well, that could be because I never really understood the later.

playaGAW
07-18-2003, 07:41 AM
Like I mentioned earlier it also took me a while to figure out Triple Triad but it and Tetra Master are basically the same thing except Tetra is easier to figure out in the beginning since I got it by my second game. In Triad the strongest numbers facing each other win, while in Tetra its the arrows that point on the side. So simply in Triad all you need is a card with high numbers to face a card with a lower number on the two sides that connect. In Tetra get a card to face another card with one of your arrows facing toward an opponets empty space. That should make it easier to understand.

TheAbominatrix
07-18-2003, 07:45 AM
Tetra is easy to understand... but the rules arent set. Like the way the cards will suddenly switch, even if you have the arrow going towards a blank spot. The way it works just doesnt make sense, I never figured out what made more than one card at a time turn, etc.

playaGAW
07-18-2003, 07:51 AM
What makes multiple cards turn at the same time is if you put a card down and the arrows fight if you win any of the card you beats arrows face any other cards those cards will be turned to your color.

TheAbominatrix
07-18-2003, 08:01 AM
Yeah, but what makes you win? What makes them lose? I dont like that, just like I didnt like all the silly extra rules in Triple Triad. Basic Triple Triad is my favorite.

playaGAW
07-18-2003, 08:09 AM
I also hate all those extra rules in Triple Triad, espeacially random that was the worst one.

Zild
07-18-2003, 05:37 PM
Triple Triad always made sense... I never figured out Tetra Master at all.

For this reason, I actually prefered Tetra Master - I never played it, so I got to play the main game instead!

If I may just mention a later Squaresoft game, which is so kewl...

It's called Blitzball. Blitzball is perhaps the most fun, addictive (if graphical a little flawed) game I have ever played. PLUS it comes with this great mini-game called Final Fantasy X, in which you can carry out quests to find the best Blitzball players in existence...

Obviously they never considered putting a card-game in - all the cards would get wet in the sphere pool!

;)

And somebody said you can play Triple Triad online?

I'm gonna regret this when I become addicted, but...

URL?

Zild

Edit by Big D: Please use the edit/delete button instead of double-posting.

Blackmage
07-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Triple Triad's the better one. Not only is it easier to play, but you can refine the cards into very useful stuff.

Cz
07-19-2003, 01:33 PM
Tetra Master was overly complicated, but if you took out the time to learn it, it was far more fun. Because of the 8 arrow system, and varied card types, it was a far more strategic game.

That's not to say that Triple Triad wasn't good, however. I played it quite a lot (mostly to refine stuff), but I couldn't stand the rule changes from region to region.

So yeah, I like them both. But I prefer Tetra Master.

chocoboy
07-19-2003, 01:44 PM
Triple triad. Not only is it easier but you get to make stuff from the cards. The only bad point is the dodgy rules. Like playing "all" and losing all your best cards at once.:(

Kijuna
07-20-2003, 07:15 AM
Bleh.... Triple Triad is too... basic.

Rude
07-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Tetra Master was the bomb. I liked the fact that it had alot of unknown variables that determine the battles. But if you pay very close attention, you'll notice some cards are better at defending and some are better at attacking, and some do well against certain types of cards but not so well vs. other types of cards. All of that dealing with the type of defense the card has along with the P,M, or X attack attribute. Also, if you attack with a Mithril Sword, it's hp is like 38. If you defend with a Mithril Sword it's hp is a whopping 2. Things like that you have to pay attention to. Once you discover some small trends, the game becomes very fun.

robfinalfantasy
07-28-2003, 02:36 AM
Triple Triad

§håd0w
08-01-2003, 01:33 PM
ff8, triple triad. it just took longer to learn therefor making it funner (is funner a word?)

black orb
08-02-2003, 03:36 AM
>>> Tetra master was better, Triple triad is just too basic..
the best cards are Dark Matter and Ark..

Lexton
08-02-2003, 08:54 AM
Triple Triad all the way!

TheSpoonyBard
08-04-2003, 12:13 AM
making it funner (is funner a word?)

No

I liked both of them equally, because they both suit the game they are in. Once you get into FFVIII you really get to like playing Triple Triad, and once oyu get into FFIX you really get to like playing Tetra Master. It all depends on which game you're focusing on at the time.

§håd0w
08-04-2003, 01:33 AM
yeah, i like triple triad cuz i have gf cards that rape every person a i challenge

Anubos
08-19-2003, 01:36 AM
Triple Triad in my oppinion # 1, just like almost everything else I think the stuff in 8 is better. But mainly cause I adapted to Triad really fast and thoguht It was reallly easy, and mastered it. Except the Card Quest is the only freakin Quest I aint done on the game. I cant find the freakin Queen to play her. If anyone knows where she's at pls tell me so i finally finish that quest too.

Inuyasha23
08-21-2003, 04:43 PM
If you are having fun who cares if you stink.
:D

I DO!!!!!!!!

personally i prefered tetra master proborbly because i never played VIII.

inlineskating29
08-23-2003, 04:22 PM
i never played ff7 so if thats were u got triple triad from

i would say tetra

but what was the one in ff8

TheAbominatrix
08-23-2003, 04:25 PM
There was no card game in 7. Triple Triad was the one in 8.

§håd0w
08-23-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by inlineskating29
i never played ff7 so if thats were u got triple triad from

i would say tetra

but what was the one in ff8

wow... u are the very first person ive seen in this forum who hasnt played ffvii.

Mr. Graves
08-24-2003, 02:33 PM
Triple Triad. It had a real purpose to FF8, whereas Tetra Master is simple a worthless mini-game that's fun for about 10 minites at the most.

I heard awhile back that Tetra Master is coming back in FF11, but I don't know about that.

§håd0w
08-24-2003, 04:08 PM
That'd be cool, being able to play against people online in Tetra Master. But how would you be able to challenge someone without them mistaking you for a villain?

jochirin
09-22-2003, 09:54 AM
i got all the cards in ff8 and im working on it in ff9...

the card quen is in balmb (thats the town next to balmb garden i duno if its caled balmb or not) from the begining and when u lose a card to her she will travle some where else att random (if she goes to lunar gate (i think its that) reload caus u dont want the rule random... i dont remember but there should be a list of her posible destinations some where. then you will have to win back the old card from some one duno if its from the card quen or if she says she lost it. and if you lost the right card to her her dad the painter in the city whit the radio tower will have painted a new card and given it to his grand son.

i think tetra master is way more dificult to understand. i got to undestand it just jesterday and im suposed to be smart :p. i like tetra master beter caus it dosent got variable rules (its easy to abolish rules in ff8 but its just anoying), and triple triad is realy to easy aslong as you avoid the rules same and random use your gf and player cards (alot of them is available in the bagining) then u will eat anyone...

tell me if im right about the numbers and letters in tetra master

the first number is atack right?

the seckond leter is type of attack physikal(p) or magical(m) uses atack against other cards weakest def(x)

third number is def vs physikal

forth number is def vs magickal

^^the numbers could also be leters like a and b witch is beter than any number...

§håd0w
09-22-2003, 06:04 PM
You have it right. Not sure about the lsat 2 numbers, they might be the other way around, but you have it right

Kindo
09-22-2003, 11:49 PM
Tetra Master kicks Triple Triad's ass any day! It's much more advanced and fun to play, Triple Triad is for kids who have trouble understanding simple instructions.

§håd0w
09-23-2003, 11:32 PM
Dude, it took forever for me to understand the rules in Triad. And in master, it almost seems like teh rules change during a game sometimes.

TheAbominatrix
09-23-2003, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I hated that it seemed like the rules would change. It was too difficult to understand. On its own, that'd be okay, but as a game within a game, I'm not gonna waste my time figuring out all the little rules that I didnt like, so I just didnt play it.

§håd0w
09-23-2003, 11:52 PM
The only people I really play are the spirits in Memoria (when you see a !, press square... for those who didn't know what that was there for)