PDA

View Full Version : those things you fight on the airship

final boss
07-12-2003, 12:42 AM
You know those things you fight before you Ultros and Choupon? I got past all of it today, made a second save file on the floating land.Do I have to fight alot of those things, or can I just wait at the end until Ultros and Choupon come? I mean skip the battles?

m4tt
07-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Nope, you cannot skip those battles.

Silent Warrior
07-12-2003, 03:23 PM
Well, it can't be THAT easy to take on the biggest bad boys in FF6, hm? The atmosphere has to be worked up as well. (Referring to Floating Island and all crazy things you find there.)

final boss
07-12-2003, 05:06 PM
If you're thinking that I'm trying to RUN away from the battles, you're wrong. I know I can't run away from the battles. I trying to see if I can wait until Choupon drops of Ultros. Cause I don't want to fight 20 battles just to fight Ultros.Ultros and the Air Force are actually easier than those flying thing.

Storm
07-12-2003, 07:59 PM
Why does Ultros need to Chupon to drop him off when he is clearly flying in the battle?

final boss
07-12-2003, 08:26 PM
This is off topic but...... how come I can't run from the ninjas on the floating land? They're the reason I always die. :mad2:

Atma Weapon
07-12-2003, 10:26 PM
I think it's harder to run from fast enemies, and the ninjas are most definately fast. I might do a bit of research on the topic if no one can answer for sure within a few days. Also, you could try casting vanish then doom on the enemies if your haveing trouble defeating them through normal means. ;)

wolfmah
07-13-2003, 05:07 AM
For the ninja, you just have to make some lightning attacks on him, they are weak to this category of spell.

playaGAW
07-13-2003, 06:49 AM
Many enimies on the the island vanish x-zone doesn't work.

Atma Weapon
07-13-2003, 07:07 AM
It works on enough of them that it is worth a try if you are having trouble. It can help even if it can't beat the whole floating continent single handedly. Probally was a good idea to post a warning though.
:magus:

Star of Penumbra
08-12-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by playaGAW
Many enimies on the the island vanish x-zone doesn't work.

You can't even cast X-Zon eon the Floating Continent unless you cheat. You learn X-Zone from Fenrir, who you can only get in the WoR (Phunbaba drops it after you beat him the first time).

Flying Mullet
08-12-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by final boss
If you're thinking that I'm trying to RUN away from the battles, you're wrong. I know I can't run away from the battles. I trying to see if I can wait until Choupon drops of Ultros. Cause I don't want to fight 20 battles just to fight Ultros.Ultros and the Air Force are actually easier than those flying thing.
You cannot avoid the battles on the airship. No matter where you stand on the airship while waiting for Ultros and Chupon, you have to fight half a dozen "random encounters", even if you stand still.

Strider
08-12-2003, 06:09 PM
If you have it, make use of your Tintinabar. Then just walk around and gain as much as health as possible inbetween fights. You can save your MP for any strong magic that might be necessary.