PDA

View Full Version : I have a theory about FFX-2

finnryan
07-12-2003, 05:53 AM
This is my theory about the creation of Final Fantasy X-2. It is obviously a ploy to attract a female audience to the Final Fantasy series. And here is why it is:
1) It is the first Final Fantasy in which all the main characters are female.
2) Its opening FMV is very feminine, with a Pop Concert, rather than an athletic event (Blitzball) in FFX.
3) In this video, they introduce the characters in Pink, purple, and orange.
BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!!! The squaresoft people thought, "Hmm, maybe we are making it to feminine. Really, we got to be sure to get our regular male audience as well." So they put the gals in skimpy clothing and we are set! So that's my story. Do you agree? Because from what I know, it grossed millions in the first day of release in Japan. :O Tell me whatchya think.

Shuin
07-12-2003, 05:58 AM
Hahaha.... The only theory about the creation of Final Fantasy X-2 was Squaresoft try to earn more money from gamers.

finnryan
07-12-2003, 06:01 AM
Yeah, true, but dont you think it is the most feminine of the series. Like Final Fantasy 4 (or 6 in USA) had a female lead, and that was one of the best revered Final Fantasy's. Is this going to be an attempt to make a fantastic game? Or to make $$$$$$$$$$$$? ...or both...

Shuin
07-12-2003, 06:03 AM
Final Fantasy III in SNES not Final Fantasy IV...

Yeah... Both side, I bet.

finnryan
07-12-2003, 06:04 AM
3 is right next to 4 on keyboards....and i mistyped..ouch. Thanks. Final fantasy 3 (6 in usa)****

finnryan
07-12-2003, 06:08 AM
Yeah, true, but dont you think it is the most feminine of the series. Like Final Fantasy 4 (or 6 in USA) had a female lead, and that was one of the best revered Final Fantasy's. Is this going to be an attempt to make a fantastic game? Or to make $$$$$$$$$$$$? ...or both...

Shuin
07-12-2003, 06:08 AM
They reprise the game over and over, console to console. Final Fantasy III (SNES) to Final Fantasy VI (PS - Final Fantasy Anthology). They won't miss out any chance of earning money ^^;

finnryan
07-12-2003, 06:10 AM
So right..and yet Im hooked and love these games. Dang it. Also, did you notice on that opening, when Yuna changes to her Bard Outfit (aka popstar singer outfit like Lenne's) that the transformation was terribly Sailor-moonesque? hahahah....those Japanese girls.

Shuin
07-12-2003, 06:11 AM
No matter what. As long there is a game, I won't put down my joypad. The Code of the Gamers.

Shuin
07-12-2003, 06:13 AM
You know in game's world. Anything can happen. How great is that? If not this game won't named Final Fantasy :D

finnryan
07-12-2003, 06:16 AM
***SALUTES***

***Tears fall as he gazes at a flag containing all the FF Logos***

"Never will I break the gamers code...not until that meteor falls, squall and rinoa end that embrace, that crystal stops glowing, and Yuna stops doing that sending on the water."

Greeneyes
07-12-2003, 12:38 PM
I think the real reason it grossed millions in Japan is

1) marketing strategy --if you've seen some of the commercial advertisements for games in Japan you'd drool over your TV remote control. For eg, for those who were lucky enough to grab the FFX International version with the bonus DVD, you can catch a couple of these TV commercials for FFX in the DVD. They 'induce' people into wanting the game.

2) Everybody wants to know how a sequel ends. Afterall, after watching Tidus swimming up at the end of FFX, who doesn't want to know what happens to him? It's like the Harry Potter thing. Everybody snaps up a copy of the latest book because they're dying to know what happens next.

3) There are many girl-gamers in Japan. They don't view a game as a male-female gender thing but simply as something to be enjoyed by all. So, all the more $$ for Square when they market to those who like to spend.

But some view the game as sexist. Here's a couple of quotes:

Each change of clothes is accompanied by a full-fledged animation that threatens to rival the Aeon summons of FFX. Add to this the fact that the Songstress class commands include Sing and Dance, and you're primed to upset quite a few female gamers.

Few can argue that the key demographic of Final Fantasy games has been predominantly male, but Squaresoft has been marketing this title in a manner that suggests strong female lead characters. It's clear that they've tried very hard to win over both sexes with the title, but the combination of a strong female character with an unnecessarily revealing outfit seems a very strange choice.

Quotes taken from here:

http://www.gameshark.com/playstation2/articles/421517p1.html

TakaX2
07-14-2003, 02:09 AM
I read somewhere that the reason the decided to make a sequel (a first for them) was because FFXI was taking so long to get out and they needed more time. I'm glad it took a while. Of all the Final Fantasy games in the series (sorry if this offends anyone) I think FFX is the best one to make a sequel for. I haven't played all of them (yet) but I think it has the most depressing ending. It needs a sequel.

Stupid Moomba 88
07-21-2003, 11:02 PM
Personally, I think it sold loads in Japan cause it's really quirky. Unlike other FF's, it's SO different that those crazy japs bought it. and I think square released it because after the FF movie bombed and the slow take up of FFXI connecections, they needed a fast injection of easy cash. So what better way then release a sequel to FFX?

Anyway, I disagree, it didn't need a sequel, i liked the ending cos it was new, fresh and different. No other FF had ended that way. I think FFVII deserved a ending because they left it up in the air. I mean, what happened to Midgar. I no 1000 year later it was a ruin but hey, 1000 years is a long time so what happened to Cloud and co in that time. And how did Red XIII have kids with no partner? He can't be asexual because he needed a mum and a dad to have him.

Anyway, FFX-2 looks ok just not to the quality of other FF. It just looks like they came up with the idea of it on a late night after getting drunk in a Tokyo bar.