PDA

View Full Version : RPG Forum

Zifnab
07-12-2003, 12:41 PM
I think it would be nice if an RPG Forum would be made.

The reason I think RPGs and General Gaming should be seperated is I always see it as a place that's 'Final Fantasy free' so to speak. I've often seen RPG threads being posted in General Squaresoft because that's the closest thing people see to a General RPG forum. Sometimes a thread such as, for example, 'Breath of Fire VS Final Fantasy' just doesn't belong in General Gaming.

An alternative would be to rename 'General Squaresoft' to 'General RPG' or something.

HOOTERS
07-13-2003, 04:09 AM
There were RPG Forums here but they died and were deleted. You should just come to http://www.gamers-alliance.com/forums/ The majority of people there are from EoFF anyway.

Linus
07-13-2003, 05:13 AM
Hoot is dumb. He must not have even read your post. We had an ORPG forum, which is what his link leads to. Not an RPG forum like the one you're suggesting.

RSL
07-13-2003, 05:20 AM
I think that the more forums we make, the more bloated this place gets. Also, splitting one forum into two different forums will just result in two forums getting less posts (and more forums for us mods to check, yeesh).

Just my opinion.

Yamaneko
07-13-2003, 06:24 AM
Hi, may I direct you attention to General Gaming? Love that place. ;)

Big D
07-13-2003, 08:56 AM
I think General Gaming is sufficient. If a whole new 'general RPG' forum was made, it'd only get a few posts. Both it and General Gaming would be pretty empty.

Zifnab
07-13-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by RSL
Also, splitting one forum into two different forums will just result in two forums getting less posts (and more forums for us mods to check, yeesh).
I'm not suggesting splitting any forums, but changing the Squaresoft forum. Like how 'FF Music/TSW' was changed to 'Video Game Music/TSW'.

Both it and General Gaming would be pretty empty.
If you did the above idea, it'd not only get the same amount of posts as General Squaresoft, but other posts from other RPGs.

crono_logical
07-13-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Jenova·Rebirth
I'm not suggesting splitting any forums, but changing the Squaresoft forum. Like how 'FF Music/TSW' was changed to 'Video Game Music/TSW'.

If you did the above idea, it'd not only get the same amount of posts as General Squaresoft, but other posts from other RPGs. There's still very few non-FF Music posts in that forum :p And General Gaming suffices for non-FF RPGs - if you want to compare BoF with FF, it'd be fine in the general gaming forum, it's not like that forum is so active that such a thread would be buried within hours :p

HOOTERS
07-13-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Linus
Hoot is dumb. He must not have even read your post. We had an ORPG forum, which is what his link leads to. Not an RPG forum like the one you're suggesting.

Excuse me but I knew fully well what he said and I just thought I'd slip an advertisement in for tGA.

:shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

Raistlin
07-14-2003, 04:42 AM
*slips Hoot some money*