PDA

View Full Version : Who's your favorite (playable) character in SD3?

Sefie1999AD
07-12-2003, 08:14 PM
Which playable character do you like best in Seiken Densetsu 3 and why? The choices are:

Duran - A swordsman from Forcena
Angela - A sorceress from Altena
Kevin - A beastman from Beast Kingdom
Carlie - A cleric from Wendel
Hawk(eye) - A thief from Navarre
Lise - An amazoness from Rolante

*votes for Lise* Kevin would be my second favorite.

BTW Black Rabite isn't a choice in the poll (BR isn't a playable character anyway).

crono_logical
07-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Strangely enough, Lise is also my favourite character to play as :p Next would be either Kevin or Hawk.

Shoyku
07-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Hawkeye is my favourite character, because I've always had something for thief class characters. He's also got a great personality, not to mention has the potential of becoming one strong character later on, due to his skills. He also uses two attacks at once, which is always helpful.

Divina
07-14-2003, 04:03 AM
Angela of Altena is my favorite. I'm partial to mages. Plus, if you choose the correct class, she can become a decent fighter, although her main strength is magic. ^^

Kossage
08-02-2003, 02:07 PM
Kevin is my favourite. Somehow I think I and Kevin are much alike in some sort of a bizarre way and his story was quite nice. Lise and Hawk were cool too but I liked Kevin even better.

bennator
08-02-2003, 06:51 PM
Angela, I'm all for sexy mages that can clear the screen with one super powerful spell.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-02-2003, 09:19 PM
Kevin. He's got the moves, the endurane, and K...

K...

KAAAAARRRRRRLLLLL!!!!!!

http://kayarco3.hypermart.net/art/sd3/aruto-kevin.jpg

Sefie1999AD
08-03-2003, 12:54 PM
Ok, now that I've played and finished the game twice, I could go and analyze some characters. I still think Lise is my favorite, although Hawk might also be among my favorites nowadays.

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Duran: He seems like your typical knight hero with a big sword. His quest is quite a typical RPG quest, and he doesn't have that much of story or character. He's got quite a short temper and he swears a lot, but that's about it. He also makes himself seem stupid. After Koren defeated him, he goes to a bar to drink. He keeps yelling "Damnit! I wanna get strong and kill that bloody wizard!". And when he's drunk, he goes to curse around to various people (like the fortune teller... he also gets his sister to yell "I hate you!" at him). I don't think it's that smart to do that (even though one of my teachers does that, sorta xD), as like the fortune teller tells him, he's just going to be an "Immature Bully". Oh, and battle-wise, Duran is extremely slow.

Angela: She seems a bit cruel to people first. "You got possessed by that faerie? Hahaha! Now get her to break this seal!" to your main character and "Oh shut up, brat! I've gone through a lot worse things so I couldn't care less!" to Carlie. I guess she gets better later, but I don't think she still is any of my favorite characters in SD3. Battle-wise, she's weak, has a low HP, bad attack (mostly 1 HP), and only her elemental spells can do some great damage. However, I usually save them for boss fights, and even there, I've realised that good old physical power does a better work.

Kevin: AbroJTM said he seems like a shallow character first. "You killed my dog! Now I mad and I will kill you!" That's not what I think of Kevin, though. I think he's a cool character. I'll copy & paste the following directly from my post at Fool's Gold because I'm not in the mood of writing it again:

Originally posted by Sephiroth1999AD
(Kevin is) a son of a human and a beastman, two races that hate each other. He's not really liked by humans, but beastmen can't totally accept him, either, so he's quite lonely because of that. Karl was his only real friend, and then he got killed, by Kevin's own hand. Not just that, but the one responsible for Karl's death is the Beast King, Kevin's father who Kevin thought he could trust. So he lost his best friend and his father betrayed his trust. That's quite sad for Kevin, really.

Also, Kevin beats up the enemies real well in battles, he's got loads of techs and when the night falls... watch out, here comes the werewolf!!

Carlie: She feels annoying first. A little kid who's friendly to nobody but Heath, and she constantly has either tears falling from her eyes or smoke coming out of her ears. She grows a lot in the Elf Village but she gets back into "Waah!! Heath!!" WAAAAAAHHH!!!" during the ending. She's not that good in fighting, but her healing more than makes up for it. With a quick and effective multi-target Heal Light, it's very easy to keep your party healed.

Hawk: I'll do another quoting thing here.

Hawk's intro was good too because not only you get a cool character, but via treachery, he lost his best friend and was blamed for his death, and he even had to let his girlfriend think he had killed Eagle in order for her to survive. That made you really dislike Isabella and gave you a reason to kick her ass

Originally posted by Kuja (Heath in EoFF)
I really felt sorry for Hawk who couldn't even explain to anyone what had happened and just had to admit that he killed Eagle and that it was all his fault. Later ruining things for poor Hawk he can't even tell the person whom he loves the truth, to save her. Touching to say the least.

I'd add to this that Hawk has tons of abilities. As a Ninja Master or a Nightblade, he's really useful with them. Not just that, but Nightblade's Split-Image Slice rules. :p

Lise: She's definitely my favorite SD3 character. Great and tragic story. She loses everything, like her family, her home, her friends, her kingdom... but she still won't give up. She keeps fighting, to restore her home and find her lost brother Eliott. Her stat-up abilities are very useful (especially with multi-target), and Marduke's an excellent summon as it silences the enemies, so it's good to choose the Star Lancer class for her.

That's should be about it. BTW Kishi, is that picture of Kevin holding Karl a piece of Square's official SD3 art?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-04-2003, 06:28 AM
Yes, it is. Each character has a piece like it, too.

---

Duran (http://kayarco3.hypermart.net/art/sd3/arutoduran.jpg)'s homeland prides itself on the quality of its grass. He actually says that.</a>

---

If you delete the right layer on zSNES, you can see Angela (http://kayarco3.hypermart.net/art/sd3/arutoangela.jpg)'s lower half while she sleeps. Paul Knox told me that.

---

Charlotte (http://kayarco3.hypermart.net/art/sd3/arutocharlotte.jpg) is a.k.a. Steve.

---

Hawkeye (http://kayarco3.hypermart.net/art/sd3/arutohawkeye.jpg) just goes to further drive the point home that all thieves are nothing more than lovable, well-meaning rascals.

---

Once upon a time, there was a little boy named Elliott who, along with a little boy named Timothy, proved to be a completely crappy friend to a soon-to-be hero and Mana Knight named Randi. Many, many years later, another little boy was named after Elliott. This little boy's sister was Riesz (http://kayarco3.hypermart.net/art/sd3/arutoriesz.jpg), about whom I really don't know too much. She kinda looks like a Dragon Knight, though, so that's cool.

---

The Man
08-14-2003, 10:47 PM
Sadly, none of those links work for me, Kishi :(

Anyway... Hawkeye is probably my favourite, although Lise and Kevin are also much fun to play as :P

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-15-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by The Man
Sadly, none of those links work for me, Kishi :(That's because you had to be a loser and wait until Hypermart was redesigning itself to look at this thread. http://bando.smallcave.net/html/emoticons/aimfrown.gif Back in a couple days.

Edit: See? Not even a couple days, and it's all better now.

Mighty Pirate Faris
08-15-2003, 04:05 PM
While I didn't care for his character design, Hawkeye wins me over for the double attacks.

As for the Angela while sleeping, I discovered that the first time I was playing, but she looks like a gnarly arthritic elf or something.

The Man
08-15-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
Edit: See? Not even a couple days, and it's all better now. ok, nice. ;D *saves all images to disk* You're great for finding those images, or something. ;)

and yes, I did have to be a loser, sorry ;)

Edit: Wait, no, it's still not working. Blah, I'll just try again in a couple more days or something ;)

Magus
08-15-2003, 11:49 PM
i voted 4 Hawkeyes, i've always liked thiefs/ninjas/assassins character 4 some reason & his double blow was quite helpfull + he had cool spells.

Sefie1999AD
08-17-2003, 12:29 PM
The Man: Those pictures are working for me at the moment. Maybe you're just having a bad luck with your browser... :P

I see Hawk is leading this poll now. Why hasn't anyone voted for Duran or Carlie yet?

Kossage
08-17-2003, 09:37 PM
I dunno. Perhaps their fans didn't bother to vote here or then no one likes Duran and/or Carlie because of their personality (e.g. Carlie is quite annoying at times and Duran shouts "I wanna kill you-know-who!" during his quest). I liked those two though but they weren't my favourites.

TidaRalique
08-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Hawkeye. Duran. Angela. In that order.

That's my party, too. In that order.

abrojtm
08-19-2003, 01:24 AM
Kevin, he's pretty cool even though is story isn't all too compelling. The only character that I've used 3 times.

The Man
08-19-2003, 01:46 AM
The Man: Those pictures are working for me at the moment. Maybe you're just having a bad luck with your browser... :P 'S working now, so rawkage. ;P

Dyce_darg
12-03-2003, 05:53 PM
Duran is my fav character to play as because he uses a sword and is sooo destructive when he reaches his final classes.

ps: Swords kick ass!!!!!