PDA

View Full Version : 100 People!!

nanakixiii
07-12-2003, 10:41 PM
Guess what!! I got 100/100 people for the sword fighting mini game near the beginning. Now I can go on with my "best" game. But I have to level up Marcus until 99 to max out eiko's growth bonus. Anyways, it took me 6 days, and I would be mad when I get 99. (which i did at least twice a day). Well, that's about it. Have any comments about the mini game?

Xu
07-12-2003, 11:53 PM
*sniff*

the best i could get is 93 people... well, you deserve that moonstone for this!^^

and... i don't get it, what Marcus' lv 99 have to do with Eiko? is worthful leveling him up? i never knew that!:D

Big D
07-13-2003, 04:11 AM
Getting a perfect score in the mini-game takes me a few attempts, but it's worth it for the 10,000 gil.

What did you mean about Marcus? I've never heard that... please, do tell.

m4tt
07-13-2003, 07:30 AM
You spent... 6 days on that mini game? o_o I got 100 after 4 tries. :p

Big D
07-13-2003, 09:12 AM
I think he spent 6 days getting Marcus up to level 99...

Psychotic
07-13-2003, 01:12 PM
But I have to level up Marcus

Suggesting he hasn't. That would take AAAAAAAAGES. Good luck to you, you crazy foo' I salute you!

nanakixiii
07-14-2003, 03:15 AM
Thanks...
If I had a rapid controller and set the rapid fire for O button, then all i have to is go to this little corner in the Gargan Roo, and keep the left analog stick to the left with a rubber band. Then, I just have to equip marcus with blood sword, so he doesn't die, and have proper equipment, in this case, the ones that raise his strength the most, so Eiko can wield a lot of damage just by attacking:D

Yes, not many people in the world know about this "growth bonus" system in the FFIX except the programmers. Well, I found out from FFIX "ULTIMANIA" book that I got in Japan (and it's only out in Japan). This book is seriously the bible of FFIX. I'm not kidding. It's over 600 pages, full color, and it has everything you need to know. The walkthrough is fricken 50 pages!! And the rest is full of formulas, secrets, cards, mini-game strategy, and thorough explanation of all systems...

Anyways, put simply, when the character is going to level up soon, equip the best items on him/her. If you want that person to have good strength, then choose weapons that increases that certain stat. (That's why everyone's stat is different from your friend's in FFIX)
So, it is possible to raise certain character's stats to max (if you spend over 300 hours!!). So, FFIX is a game that you shouldn't level up until the end, when you get all those good armors, etc...

PS: Gau, I can only play that for 30min because my eyes start hurting:cry: Yeah, that's pretty impressive. Anyways, I can't express the sense of accomplishment I felt after I saw that 100. I seriously screamed, "YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!" (lol)

PhoenixAsh
07-14-2003, 03:37 AM
Okay that made sense, but what does it have to do with Marcus and Eiko?

nanakixiii
07-14-2003, 04:04 AM
OH sorry, I forgot to mention that! m(-_-)m

Marcus's "growth bonus" gets directly carried over to Eiko. So, the more "growth bonus" you have with Marcus, the stronger Eiko becomes. But before you start leveling up Marcus (if you want to join me in doing this) is to kill off Steiner and Dagger because if they level up with Marcus, then you obviously can't get a lot of "growth bonus" for the two.

Big D
07-14-2003, 08:16 AM
Fascinating! Are there any similar 'bonuses' available? Something to do with Beatrix, perhaps, or the other temporary party members?

Rude
07-14-2003, 06:41 PM
Actually, giving Marcus the blood sword after he and Steiner have escaped the cage in the Alexandria dungeon would be the best place to do this. Since the soldiers run at you automatically anyway here, you can just rubberband the attack button and come back in a few days.

nanakixiii
07-15-2003, 04:14 AM
Yeah, but you can't save there, so... that's the main problem. and what do you mean, "rubber band the attack button?" how does that work?

Anyways, this is for Marcus. So, it doesn't work for Beatrix or blank, or other subcharacters.

Big D
07-15-2003, 08:46 AM
"rubber band the attack button" = loop a rubber band around your controller so that the attack button is being permanently pressed. As good as Auto-Fire yet far, far cheaper.:)

Nait
07-15-2003, 10:39 AM
As a side-note, I just put a chair-foot or something on the X-button, but that's for FFVIII and Drawing. :)

Blackmage
07-15-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Nait
As a side-note, I just put a chair-foot or something on the X-button, but that's for FFVIII and Drawing. :)
Darn it, why couldn't I have used something as simple as that? Instead, I have this complicated stack of stuff, trying to get a dictionary-corner edge to hit the button... A chair-foot...why didn't I friggin think do to that? *feels dumb*

Hmm, all this leveling up stuff's really interesting... Looks as if I'm off to search for more and complete info about it.

nanakixiii
07-15-2003, 06:47 PM
kuja, i don't think this will be in any "official" sites and books. This is one of the many things that's explained only in "Ultimania". ;)

Oh, and you know why I need a rapid controller? Because, if you just have it hold down to the button, you can't close from the EXP, Gil, Item menus.

Yeah, interesting, right? Yeah, FFIX has full of these little things... damn those programmers!! lol, just kidding. They made a great game.