PDA

View Full Version : hi

benny257
07-13-2003, 04:28 PM
hi what would you rate the game final fantasy 10 out of 10 i would rate it ten so what would you rate it as.

Bahmant zero
07-13-2003, 04:30 PM
i would rate it a 3.5 and ff10-2 a 2.

Sieg
07-13-2003, 07:46 PM
8/10 for ffx

Bahamut2000X
07-13-2003, 07:55 PM
I give it a 5. Why you ask? The game was hideously easy. Most of the charcters had no charcters to them. The final boss, infact every boss was laughable at best. The summoning was great...in theory. The ultimate wepaons were too powerful. The lack of armor except a a bracer/sheild was just stupid. Battles were short and simple. Shops were useless and save spheres made it too easy in dungeons as I could heal so easily. Dungeons were small. No world map made it too fast and pointless to explore. Cid didn't get much of a part.

The onyl good things were the graphics, most of the music, and the voice acting was pretty good (although it could of been better for some people)

Shoyku
07-13-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Bahamut2000X
I give it a 5. Why you ask? The game was hideously easy.
It was aimed after beginners to the series and all. If you wanted a challenge, try taking on the harder monster trainer monsters.

Most of the charcters had no charcters to them.
How so? The cast to Final Fantasy X was great and diverse, they all had character.

The final boss, infact every boss was laughable at best.
Than don't use Anima. :aimwink:

The summoning was great...in theory.
Hey, it's better than doing the same old thing over again with a monster coming in, doing an attack, then leaving.

The ultimate wepaons were too powerful.
Isn't that a good thing? Some of them were a royal pain in the ass to get anyway, so it seems worth it.

The lack of armor except a a bracer/sheild was just stupid.
It's kinda like Final Fantasy VII, eh?

Battles were short and simple.
I thought all Final Fantasy random battles were short and simple. All you basically have to do is press attack.

Shops were useless
Explain.

and save spheres made it too easy in dungeons as I could heal so easily. Dungeons were small.
Again, aimed for beginners to the series.

No world map made it too fast and pointless to explore.
I just thought doing this relieved plenty stress for me later on.

Cid didn't get much of a part.
Shouldn't be a factor of rating a game.

Personally, I'd rate the game an 8/10.
High Points: Voice acting, better battle system, plenty of changes from the traditional Final Fantasy game.

Low Points: Voice acting, too easy at times.

Bahamut2000X
07-14-2003, 12:41 AM
How so? The cast to Final Fantasy X was great and diverse, they all had character.

I should clarify. None of them did much besides a occasional sentence of talking or being in battle. I just hated how most of the charcters like Lulu or Wakka later on in the game just said stupid 1 or 2 sentence things and never really did much all that much in the game and not much was revealed about them. Kimahri is probally the biggest example of all of this. He only does a little bit in the game and then beyond that he had little to add to it besides fighting.

Than don't use Anima

Again I should of clarified. The early bosses were actually diffcult. And later on they are still tough. But near the end many of them get easy. Especially if you get any break damage barrier or Anima or the Magus Sisters, then it's just a laughable battle that rarely lasts more then 3 rounds.

Hey, it's better than doing the same old thing over again with a monster coming in, doing an attack, then leaving.

I agree, the thing I hated though was how powerful the summons were. Besides it wasn't much more then the old system except now you control them and they come out fight a few rounds die and go away. The system I say still needed improvment over what they put in. Actually I prefer the older summons because they weren't so strong and pointless and didn't have the ability to break 9999 as damage (except Eden in FFVIII but even then it did little when fighting soem bosses who took that much and more)

Isn't that a good thing? Some of them were a royal pain in the ass to get anyway, so it seems worth it.

Ture. But still you just have to grab the weapon and not charge it up and your aeons can do 20,000+ then. The weapons were easy to get, the crests were easy to get, only the sigils were hard to get, except Yuna's and Aurons. Yuna is so easy and then just get her a attack spell and she's suddenly uber powerful and Auron just needs some patience and a little time and you suddenly got someone swinging for over 9999 near the end. The rest are hard to get and I can understand but those 2 were just so easy that they shouldn't of been that strong for simple tasks.

It's kinda like Final Fantasy VII, eh?

Well at least VII had accessories at least. And it is a improvement over VIII at least. Too bad armor did nothign unless it had a ability on it though, and some were rather useless I say.

Explain.

I just never used them much. The item shops I used occasionally for potions and such but not all that much. Armor and weapon shops I have never went to even once because their stuff isn't all that great compared to what I find or get off of monsters from battles. I just disliked how if I bought at a item shop only about 10 minutes later I would get something better. The only time I actually needed a itme shop was on Mt. Gagazet when I kept needing holy waters.

I thought all Final Fantasy random battles were short and simple. All you basically have to do is press attack.

Theb attles in previous FF's at least didn't have me killing any enemy even if I never leveled up all that much in one hit. I mainly disliked it cause the battles were rarely challenging until the end when you fight things like Behemoths and such. I also hated how fast I went though monsters and how I missed the music. I rarely get more then 2 minutes into the battle music, I just like when I get into battles to be in it long enough to listen to the music. I actually had to sit there to listen to it at times because I killed the monsters fast.

I just thought doing this relieved plenty stress for me later on.

I liked beign able to walk around and ride chocobos and fly air ships to find new dungeons and hidden areas and get more of a feel of actually exploring as opposed to going from Map a to b to c. Besides I want my airship flying dammit!:grr:

Shouldn't be a factor of rating a game

I feel if they exclude charcters minus the main ones for having parts in the game it should be a factor in rating. I just hate to see chacrters that just seem to uselessly sit there while the 2 main charcters seem to be doing all the actual plot work. At least Auron as a support charcter got a big part in the plot.

Advent Child
07-14-2003, 02:15 AM

10/10 is perfect, as in if there was ever a game better then this, it wouldn't make logical sense to be that good. Nothing can really be rated 10/10 unless the thing being rated is no longer in production and never will be. (i.e. if video games were to never be released again)

Shoyku
07-14-2003, 02:46 AM
I should clarify. None of them did much besides a occasional sentence of talking or being in battle. I just hated how most of the charcters like Lulu or Wakka later on in the game just said stupid 1 or 2 sentence things and never really did much all that much in the game and not much was revealed about them. Kimahri is probally the biggest example of all of this. He only does a little bit in the game and then beyond that he had little to add to it besides fighting.
I found that the characters had enough revealed about them, we got the jist of what happened before Tidus ever came to their time. Kimhari was Yuna's bodyguard, he even had his little story at Mt. Gagazet, though other than that, he seemed justified in not talking.

Again I should of clarified. The early bosses were actually diffcult. And later on they are still tough. But near the end many of them get easy. Especially if you get any break damage barrier or Anima or the Magus Sisters, then it's just a laughable battle that rarely lasts more then 3 rounds.
I agree, but if you wanted a challenge, you simply shouldn't have used them. Square enabled the option to do so, you weren't forced to use anything that powerful.

I agree, the thing I hated though was how powerful the summons were. Besides it wasn't much more then the old system except now you control them and they come out fight a few rounds die and go away. The system I say still needed improvment over what they put in. Actually I prefer the older summons because they weren't so strong and pointless and didn't have the ability to break 9999 as damage (except Eden in FFVIII but even then it did little when fighting soem bosses who took that much and more)
I myself prefer Final Fantasy VI's summon system, I'll be damned if I ever summon opposed to the rare Bahamut every now and then. Though at least Square is trying something, but whenever they try to innovate and improve, it ends up biting their behinds. So many times in the past Square tried something totally new and different, and it only ended up making them suffer.

Ture. But still you just have to grab the weapon and not charge it up and your aeons can do 20,000+ then. The weapons were easy to get, the crests were easy to get, only the sigils were hard to get, except Yuna's and Aurons. Yuna is so easy and then just get her a attack spell and she's suddenly uber powerful and Auron just needs some patience and a little time and you suddenly got someone swinging for over 9999 near the end. The rest are hard to get and I can understand but those 2 were just so easy that they shouldn't of been that strong for simple tasks.
Yeah, but initially, if you weren't using the aid of a walkthrough or were told, it wouldn'tve been so obvious as to where those sigils or crests were, or what you had to do to unlock them.

Well at least VII had accessories at least. And it is a improvement over VIII at least. Too bad armor did nothign unless it had a ability on it though, and some were rather useless I say.
Yeah, this I completely agree with. I preferred it when they actually added to the characters stats. I also prefer the Final Fantasy V/VI/IX and so on system for this. Where you're capable of equipping headgear, both your arms, your body, and so on.

I just never used them much. The item shops I used occasionally for potions and such but not all that much. Armor and weapon shops I have never went to even once because their stuff isn't all that great compared to what I find or get off of monsters from battles. I just disliked how if I bought at a item shop only about 10 minutes later I would get something better. The only time I actually needed a itme shop was on Mt. Gagazet when I kept needing holy waters.
I guess it just depends on your experiences, I wasn't as lucky with finding items. So I found myself more reliant on shops.

Theb attles in previous FF's at least didn't have me killing any enemy even if I never leveled up all that much in one hit. I mainly disliked it cause the battles were rarely challenging until the end when you fight things like Behemoths and such. I also hated how fast I went though monsters and how I missed the music. I rarely get more then 2 minutes into the battle music, I just like when I get into battles to be in it long enough to listen to the music. I actually had to sit there to listen to it at times because I killed the monsters fast.
Yeah... I agree with that, as well. You never really got to savour anything in a battle, because nearly instantly after you see that glass shatter, you were already at the end of the battle collecting experience and riches.

I liked beign able to walk around and ride chocobos and fly air ships to find new dungeons and hidden areas and get more of a feel of actually exploring as opposed to going from Map a to b to c. Besides I want my airship flying dammit!:grr:
I suppose, I'm just lazy when it comes down to finding things on world maps. I've had numerous bad experiences. :aimdumb:

I feel if they exclude charcters minus the main ones for having parts in the game it should be a factor in rating. I just hate to see chacrters that just seem to uselessly sit there while the 2 main charcters seem to be doing all the actual plot work. At least Auron as a support charcter got a big part in the plot.
Yeah, but then it would ruin part of the fun for the main player. If Cid did something crucial, then it would take away from something for the main player to do.

§håd0w
07-15-2003, 04:14 PM

wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. how can u be so naive? u had to power up the weapons to get anything out of them. as i remember, u needed the crest for the weapon, and then aeons could break damage limit. and u dont have to bash the game so much, if u dont like it, dont play it... but i went back and read some of the stuff you wrote, and a lot of it isnt even true.

Psychotic
07-15-2003, 06:31 PM
Compared to every other game in the world? 8/10

Compared to every other FF in the world? 3/10

Bahamut2000X
07-15-2003, 08:38 PM
u needed the crest for the weapon, and then aeons could break damage limit.

Don't know if it's true, either way it's means little as most crests are just found as you play. It was too simple to break aeon damage barrier.

if u dont like it, dont play it

Where did I say I didn't like it? I was just stating the things I disliked about the game. Please don't accuse me of saying things I did not state.

i went back and read some of the stuff you wrote, and a lot of it isnt even true.

What exactly? Some of which is up for debate but it's all a matter of opinion on some of them.

§håd0w
07-16-2003, 01:58 AM
i just assumed by the way u bashed it that u didnt like it. but after reading some of ur other comments i soon realized u corrected urself about the bosses being very easy, and the thing about shields/bracers, and only having that. it sorta makes it more realistic, and u sorta have to chose what is more important to you, health, or defense, status ailments, or being a master thief. i dunno, i shouldnt have come on so hard about it. sorry bro

nanakixiii
07-16-2003, 02:08 AM
I'll just rate every FF that I've played over 100 hours:D

Final Fantasy VII: 10/10
Why? Not because it is a perfect game, but because personally, I haven't seen a better RPG. All the elements mixed in together beautifully.

Final Fantasy VIII: 9.4/10
Many people would say this is the worst Final Fantasy, but the junction system was one of the best systems ever created. Plus, it had some challenging subquests.

Final Fantasy IX: 9.8/10
One thing I hated about this game was the Trance system, and you can probably figure out why. But other than that, it had superb music, world, and systems that gave a special experience.

Final Fantasy X: 9.3/10
A lot of things improved since the last few playstation FFs. Mostly battle and character development systems. Graphics, battle, world, characters, and plot was cleverly done and created. The plot was much deeper than other FFs. I realized later that the character voice was part of the reason why it didn't get a better score. It just didn't seem right...

Final Fantasy X-2 (didn't play for 100 hours): 4.0/10
So far, the FF series made improvements along the way, but this one... just went downward, a lot. Glitches, horrible load times, pointless "missions," insignificant plot, and awful character development. This game get's my official "most disappointing game in history."

droggen
07-22-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by nanakixiii
I'll just rate every FF that I've played over 100 hours:D

Final Fantasy VII: 10/10
Why? Not because it is a perfect game, but because personally, I haven't seen a better RPG. All the elements mixed in together beautifully.

Final Fantasy VIII: 9.4/10
Many people would say this is the worst Final Fantasy, but the junction system was one of the best systems ever created. Plus, it had some challenging subquests.

Final Fantasy IX: 9.8/10
One thing I hated about this game was the Trance system, and you can probably figure out why. But other than that, it had superb music, world, and systems that gave a special experience.

Final Fantasy X: 9.3/10
A lot of things improved since the last few playstation FFs. Mostly battle and character development systems. Graphics, battle, world, characters, and plot was cleverly done and created. The plot was much deeper than other FFs. I realized later that the character voice was part of the reason why it didn't get a better score. It just didn't seem right...

Final Fantasy X-2 (didn't play for 100 hours): 4.0/10
So far, the FF series made improvements along the way, but this one... just went downward, a lot. Glitches, horrible load times, pointless "missions," insignificant plot, and awful character development. This game get's my official "most disappointing game in history."
Is FFX-2 that bad?
Be honest and give me your thought's.

Fufufu
07-22-2003, 04:21 AM
For FFX, I would give more, but before I could finish it I got so pissed off at a boss that i broke it in 14 peices but ah... here goes:

Characters: 6/10
Why:
They didn't exactly show alot of emotion, but I guess they were good.

Bosses & Battle: 4/10
Why:
There wasn't much detail in the battles, like... you couldn't really understand what was exactly going on at points.. err.. I don't like the battle and the bosses, just too easy..

Graphics: 5/10
Why:
They we're better than most FF Games... but they weren't all that great. I liked the FMV graphics.. (can't wait 'till SquareEnix make a whole FF game wil all FMV! All voiced too.. XD)

Game itself: 7/10
Why:
The plot was Ok (yes, just OK), and the graphics we're a little crappy, but I have to admit, if you think about it, it is kinda good.. I guess. The chocobo's we're a little hard to control too.. ('specially on that road before you enter the Moonflow e_e)

ANYWAY, that's just what I think.. :mad:

droggen
07-22-2003, 04:44 AM
I thought you were talking about ffx-2.
i already have played ffx:)
i loved it.
the charecter interaction was good not great to me.

Shoyku
07-22-2003, 05:48 AM
Come on, people. The graphics were fantastic and you know it. Well, as far as 3D Final Fantasys go anyway.

droggen
07-22-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Shoyku
Come on, people. The graphics were fantastic and you know it. Well, as far as 3D Final Fantasys go anyway.

Yes they were Fantastic but in alot of places it seemed that was all they focused on.

And i do agree i don't care what the person is listenening to. :)

benny257
07-22-2003, 05:46 PM
dont matter

§håd0w
07-23-2003, 11:12 PM
ffx-2 is actually somewhat decent knowing that its the first true sequel