PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a stupid question...

Deandre
07-13-2003, 07:41 PM
But what does it mean to be a 'recognized member' and how do you become one? :mog:

Citizen Bleys
07-13-2003, 07:50 PM
It's a title given to people who make an outstanding contribution to the site; We seldom give out the title anymore, since the more people who have it, the less special it becomes, but it is still available.

It's a "don't call us, we'll call you" sort of thing, though.

Deandre
07-13-2003, 07:54 PM
And the avatars+custom titles are only available to ecognised members I believe?

And what's with closing table-things in the sigs you're talking about in the profile-screen :eek:

Yes, I am an annoying newbie with a lot of questions :greenie:

bennator
07-13-2003, 08:12 PM
Avatars everybody gets (well, you actually need to post once, but still). Custom titles you get after being here 8 months. Closing table-tags means that if you use HTML in your sig, and you put a <<b></b>table> in your sig, be sure to also include a <<b></b>/table> tag, because it screws with the look of the forums. Of course, you could always just turn off sigs.

The Man
07-14-2003, 03:45 AM
I'd post an example of how you could screw up the tables in this thread, but the admins would hate me forever, so I'll just link you to a thread where table-messing-up has been raised to an art form ;)

http://forums.fools-gold.org/showthread.php?threadid=3610

Yamaneko
07-14-2003, 04:36 AM
You mean I can't do my 5000% font here? :(

Citizen Bleys
07-14-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Deandre
And what's with closing table-things in the sigs you're talking about in the profile-screen :eek:

Looks like you've already mastered that ;) I haven't looked at the source, but two images side by side tells me that they're in a table, and the board not being messed up below it tells me that those table tags were closed correctly.

And bennator's right; You can upload a custom avatar after one post, and you get a custom title after about 8 months (It's actually done by days rather than months...240 days, IIRC, but that's approximately 8 months)

Deandre
07-14-2003, 08:32 AM
Yah, the [img ] [/img ] tags didn't work...
So I used some stuff from a sort of a weblog.... it's on www.mycu2.nl

But it's a Dutch site, so don't bother :p

crono_logical
07-14-2003, 09:51 AM
Oh there's a lot more dutch people here than you think there are :p

Deandre
07-14-2003, 10:15 AM
Um, ok... Which means I should put my cu2 site in my profile :)