PDA

View Full Version : Cait Sith's Limit Breaks

chocoboy
07-14-2003, 02:01 AM
Maybe its me, but I can't get Cait Siths limits past level 2. As he/she/it doesn't seem to have a 4th limit either, are we meant to get level 3 limits?

Bahamut2000X
07-14-2003, 02:09 AM
Cait Sith only has Dice (Level 1) and slots (level 2) limits. Because slots has so many random effects and does so much by itself I guess square decided he didn't need many more. Besides what other limits do you give a giant cat moogle thing?

Hedgy
07-14-2003, 02:19 PM
Only found the level 1 limit break.
Basically I found Cait Sith not to be much use in battle,
and didn't use him/her a great deal. Meow!

MJN SEIFER
07-14-2003, 08:46 PM
I learnd his slots quite eary because I enjoyed fighting em also he BEAT SEPHY IN ONE HIT YO!

Strider
07-15-2003, 12:57 AM
You just have to kill so many enemies, just like any other character's limits. I'm pretty sure his standards are a little different, though, seeing as he only has the two.

chocoboy
07-15-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by MJN SEIFER
I learnd his slots quite eary because I enjoyed fighting em also he BEAT SEPHY IN ONE HIT YO!

How? That cat/mog/thing's useless! It can't even die right!
When it dies it says something like:
"Don't ever forget me. Even if another Cait Sith comes along"
Moments later..,
"Hi I'm Cait Sith 2"
AARG!
:mog: :shoot:
I HATE YOU CAIT SITH!

Numisma
07-15-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by chocoboy
How? That cat/mog/thing's useless! It can't even die right!

there is a very rare outcome for Slots, which will instantly kill all enemies, even bosses. you just need to get Cait Sith's face to show up in the 3 slots. just beware, cuz if the 3rd slot is a bar and not the 3rd part of the cat face, your party instantly dies. this one is also rare.

Advent Child
07-15-2003, 08:21 AM
it's easier to get all lucky sevens then it is to get that slots outcome. MUCH easier.

MJN SEIFER
07-15-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Numisma
there is a very rare outcome for Slots, which will instantly kill all enemies, even bosses. you just need to get Cait Sith's face to show up in the 3 slots. just beware, cuz if the 3rd slot is a bar and not the 3rd part of the cat face, your party instantly dies. this one is also rare.

Yep! that's what I did My party of Cait/Cloud/Yuffie were week after the First Sephiroth the Seceond one (Safe Sephiroth) attacked them all killing Cloud and Yufie Strait away! Cait was dammaged but still intact and his limit was up so I used it and I got 3 Caits in his slots!! and Sephy died!! My mates were there watching me (We take turns when each other loses) and all had a right Laugh then!!

"HAHAHAAHAHAH! the Great Sephiroth lost to a TOY!!"

ForeverZeroUltima
07-17-2003, 02:22 AM
wow.....................lost to a toy.............
lololololololol
but then, some people used cait sith to kill ruby and emerald instead of casting KOTR 13 times, lol

TheSpoonyBard
08-02-2003, 03:25 AM
I havn't used him that much, but I got stuck in the Corel Prison and I couldn't get rid of the damn thing, so I thought I may as well get his Limits up a level.

Here's how Dice works:

Cait rolls between two and six dice towards the enemy. The damage dealt is against a single enemy, and it is calculated by multiplying the total number of dots shown on the die by 100. If two or more die show the same number the damage is doubled.

Here are all the possible outcomes of Cait Sith's Slot Limit Break:

No Valid Combination - An object falls from a toy box onto all enemies.

3 Stars - Mog Dance: A small Mog appears and restores all HP and MP to all allies.

3 Crowns - Toy Soldiers: Six soldiers appear and attack all enemies.

3 Bars - Summon: Cait selects a random summon you have already found and casts it. It doesn't cost him any MP.

3 Moogles - Transformation: Cait transform into a huge version of himself, and the other party members leave battle. The new Cait's stats are the sum of all three characters. Once the battle has ended the other characters return, but only Cait gets any EXP.

3 Hearts - Lucky Girl: A girl appears and blesses the party, making all physical attacks critical until the end of battle.

3 Cait Siths - Instant Victory: All enemies die.

2 Cait Siths, 1 Bar - Death to All: All allies die.