PDA

View Full Version : A shrine to Kefka Palazzo, the greatest man who ever lived

JeffTheGreat1138
07-14-2003, 03:31 AM
This, as the title says, is a place where people can show their respect for the awsome Kefka. Now, Kefka wasn't like those other villians. He didn't go "Ohhh, I'm Kefka, I'm going to kill innocent people with my big big magic!" NO! He:

Poisoned the water supply of Doma Castle. He didn't just go and have his soldiers do it. NO! He did it HIMSELF! Just THINK of all the women and children he murdered!

REARRANGED THE GEOGRAPHICAL SHAPE OF THE ENTIRE PLANET! I want you to name ONE other villian who did that.

And just look at his competition: Very few of them actually killed over several thousand people. Kefka WON, at least for a while. The number of deaths he caused is staggering! It makes me tingle just thinking about it.

Wightraven
07-14-2003, 03:35 AM
Well, Kefka walked a few feet and poured some <poison> into the water. Whoop de do.

Don't get me wrong; I still worship the guy, but for better reasons. Mostly his insanity and his drive. Kefka's just that damn interesting.

I'd list all the reasons here but I don't feel like it. 'ave that, then.

Edit by Kishi: Watch your language.

JeffTheGreat1138
07-14-2003, 04:20 AM
Yes, I agree that his insanity is appealing, but insanity alone doesn't kill people.

I can just imagine what it was like when the world changed, a little girl, with a pretty bow in her hair, screaming in terror and agony as she plunges into a fiery abyss... ahhhh.

And the look on Cyan's face when he realized that everyone he loved was dead; that was priceless! The pain and the agony that he must have felt... UWEEHEEHEEHEEHEE!

Strider
07-14-2003, 04:39 AM
Yeah, but then you have to remember his little angelic bit. *shudders at the mental picture* Such an evil guy simply CAN'T be an angel, am I right?

Dignified Pauper
07-14-2003, 05:13 AM
The number of deaths he caused is staggering! It makes me tingle just thinking about it.

I can just imagine what it was like when the world changed, a little girl, with a pretty bow in her hair, screaming in terror and agony as she plunges into a fiery abyss... ahhhh.

I'm not sure whether to laugh, or be frightened...

Such an evil guy simply CAN'T be an angel, am I right?

Well Lucifer is said to be the most beautiful being created. Never does it say he was transformed into a beast, unless a beast is beautiful to God?

Anyways, back on topic. Kefka was my favorite villain. Crazed by his hunger for power, and then snapped when Cid's experimental Esper treatment to magically infuse humans went wrong with Kefka. His story is so magical and creative. I've often wished Square would have somehow involved Kefka's younger years, such as his parents or a story from a soldier who knew Kefka. Just the slightest bit to let us see a glimpse of why he acted how he did when he snapped.

-N-
07-14-2003, 05:23 AM
Kefka was my favorite villain. Crazed by his hunger for power, and then snapped when Cid's experimental Esper treatment to magically infuse humans went wrong with Kefka. His story is so magical and creative.

Whaaaat? When do you learn that?

JeffTheGreat1138
07-14-2003, 05:41 AM
Uweeheehee! I see my little cult is growing! I agree, Kefka's story certainly is fascinating. I think what drew me torward him at first was the fact that I can relate to him.

But enough about that, what are some of your favorite Kefka moments? Mine is a tossup between when he brings about the World of Ruin and when he poisons Doma. So much death and destruction...:)

Captain_Spaulding
07-14-2003, 05:50 AM
I think you are all missing the point here. I dont know, I could be insane but is it me or is Bart in FF7 silly? He is always walking around getting into fights? Does he have some sort of inferiority complex?

TheAbominatrix
07-14-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by princeofdarknez
Whaaaat? When do you learn that?

On your first visit to Vector, I believe. One of the townspeople says so.

"Kefka was his first experiment, but the process wasnt perfected yet, and he... snapped." that's vaugely the quote. Not exactly, though.

Captain_Spaulding
07-14-2003, 05:55 AM
No they dont abominatrix. Your sources are terrible. What game are YOU playing? :mad2:

TheAbominatrix
07-14-2003, 05:57 AM
Someone says it, somewhere. If you want to pull it out, feel free. I dont remember each and every fact about VI, my life does not revolve around it, and it's been a year or two since I've played it.

They do say it somewhere in the game. I clearly remember it being revealed that Kefka was Cid's first experiment.

Dont get your panties in a bunch.

Captain_Spaulding
07-14-2003, 06:00 AM
No youre wrong. Completely, Kefka isnt even IN FF6. God.

TheAbominatrix
07-14-2003, 06:02 AM
Cute.

Captain_Spaulding
07-14-2003, 06:05 AM
Thank you :mog: <--- what is that?

Dignified Pauper
07-14-2003, 07:32 AM
*thinks le' captain should be banneed*

On your first visit to vector, make it to the pub where all the soldiers hang out without getting caught. The soldier seated by himself at the far left table tell you the short story.

playaGAW
07-14-2003, 07:57 AM
Finally a tribute to Kefka our favorite lipstick and make up wearin insane clown.

Big D
07-14-2003, 07:57 AM
Kefka's past is sketchy, but diligent gamers are given little snippets here and there, as TheAbominatrix and Indelacio have said.

I would, however, be grateful if Captain_Spaulding would explain who 'Bart' is in FFVII.

playaGAW
07-14-2003, 07:59 AM
Bart Simpson?

Big D
07-14-2003, 08:19 AM
Another witty reference to Cloud's hair, then?

final boss
07-14-2003, 02:35 PM
Wow.....we have the same avatar. I also think Kefka great. Let's see, he poured poison in the Doma lake, he ruined the world, he has funny lines! And he's a maniac. Yeah, he's cool.

Strider
07-15-2003, 12:52 AM
He killed his boss, too. Normally, that'd get someone fired on the spot.

-N-
07-15-2003, 01:21 AM
How? If your boss is dead, who's left to fire you?

Captain_Spaulding
07-15-2003, 01:37 AM
To Big D:

Bart, why Bart is what I renamed Aeris, I felt it was fitting. I mean the green hair and the ice cold veins. Truly fitting.
I hope that solved some of your confusion.

I somewhat forgot that noone would understand my renaming. Silly Captain, ships are for kids.

Edit by Gau: Hi, use the http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/images/edit.gif button. It's not that hard, and it's fun as well!

Strider
07-15-2003, 03:57 AM
Okay, okay, but you'd definitely serve prison time. That is, provided you didn't wield some mean magic.

And that would be Terra with the green hair, Cap'n. Aeris is in FFVII.

The Man
07-15-2003, 04:02 AM
I thought I'd have something insightful to post here, but this thread just makes me incredibly sad.

The source of that information about Kefka, by the way, is in the cafe in Vector. Since the area is out of the way and patrolled by Imperial soldiers, it's easy to miss.

Captain_Spaulding
07-15-2003, 04:17 AM
Strider, you will notice in one of my previous posts on this topic it says Bart of FF7. I am aware this green haired Terra is in 6. However I was referring to that Green haired hooligan in 7 named Aeris.. I dont like him, Aeris always ruined me game plan.

Strider
07-15-2003, 04:41 AM
Aeris is a she.

Anyone recall a "green haired hooligan"?

JeffTheGreat1138
07-15-2003, 05:44 AM
Er, I think we're getting a little off-topic here. When exactly did we get from the greatest man who ever lived to a bum with the same name as a flower seller?

Big Ogre Umaro
07-15-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Captain_Spaulding
Strider, you will notice in one of my previous posts on this topic it says Bart of FF7. I am aware this green haired Terra is in 6. However I was referring to that Green haired hooligan in 7 named Aeris.. I dont like him, Aeris always ruined me game plan. :lolz:

Wightraven
07-15-2003, 11:29 AM
I think this is the most confused I've ever been. Cappy, I loves thy name (Corpses is the second greatest movie EVER) but my GOD I have no idea what this thread has turned into.

MJN SEIFER
07-15-2003, 01:07 PM
Kefka is Cool!! he may look like a clown but WHO THE HELL CARES!! he has no remorse for what he does and no limits at all that seen in Doma wasn't supposed to happen but Keffy thought "Hey let's just kill them all anyway!! UWEHEHE!!" I also quie like how he And LEO seemed to have some sort of rivalry going on (At least to kefka they did Remember Leo was more Popualr than Kefka GOD he must have loved it when he saw leo die like that!)

JeffTheGreat1138
07-15-2003, 01:18 PM
I like you, kid. Now, let's discuss something. Let's see...

Ah ha! Do you think Kefka rose through the ranks of the Imperial army and became a general quickly, or was it a long, slow way to the top?

MJN SEIFER
07-15-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by JeffTheGreat1138
I like you, kid. Now, let's discuss something. Let's see...

Ah ha! Do you think Kefka rose through the ranks of the Imperial army and became a general quickly, or was it a long, slow way to the top?

Are you talkin' ta me?

Wether you are or not is irelovant because I'll answer anyway:p

I think When kefka was normal (If such a things possible) He was just a Low soldier having no real value so that's why he got tested on first because if he didn't survie it would be no great loss (Remeber the empires evil) but he did survive so they moved him up to genral but he still wasn't as good as Leo though but we all know that changed don't we?

(Note to Leo fans: Please don't ask m how to revive Leo because I DON'T KNOW!!)

Zifnab
07-15-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by JeffTheGreat1138
REARRANGED THE GEOGRAPHICAL SHAPE OF THE ENTIRE PLANET! I want you to name ONE other villian who did that.
Exdeath changed the geographical shape of TWO entire planets... twice!

Kefka is pretty special. He had more character than any other enemy in any other game, really.

Do you think Kefka rose through the ranks of the Imperial army and became a general quickly, or was it a long, slow way to the top?
I seem to recall that he wasn't always a geeneral within the time frame of the game, I seem to remember someone saying "Kefka? A general? What a joke!", or something to that effect. Plus in the camp Leo seemed to outrank him somewhat in his way of talking to him.

Favourite Kefka moment? I'm not sure, it'd either be the changing of the planet's face, or the scene before the final confontation. It was just classic to see all the heroes give their usual sickly sweet speaches about love and life, only to discard them with the amazing line "This is sickening, you all sound like chapters of a self-help booklet!"

Dignified Pauper
07-15-2003, 03:06 PM
Exdeath changed the geographical shape of TWO entire planets... twice!

NO HE DIDN'T!

He simply merged the two planets back together when he destroyed the crystals, turning them back into what they used to be before they seperated!

XD

Zifnab
07-15-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Indelacio
NO HE DIDN'T!

He simply merged the two planets back together when he destroyed the crystals, turning them back into what they used to be before they seperated!

XD
And the reason the two planets were brought apart in the first place was to seal the Void. Also I think merging planets, whether it is how they was beforehand or otherwise, is still 'changing the geographical shape'. :P

Dignified Pauper
07-15-2003, 05:33 PM
No, you're wrong.

In ff5, the two worlds were seperated and X-Death brought them back together. The two world's geography never changed, they were just merged with eachother. The cities were still in the same location as they were in their respective, split apart worlds. Now, if you count the N-Zone sucking up cities as Geography changing, you'd have more of an arguement, but in a way, he didn't. He put them in a different dimension, and the way to the N-Zone was left.

In FF6, Kefka changed the locations of many cities, re-arranged entire land masses, created a few new areas, and what-not. What X-Death did doesn't compare to what Kefka did.

There you are XD

MJN SEIFER
07-15-2003, 08:06 PM
Indelacio: If you wanna make you're point do it in a private message this is totaly irelovant Kefka is my fovrite villain!!! and I am not going to have this therad closed because of YOU! and about you're sig-No you're not...

Dignified Pauper
07-16-2003, 04:07 AM
[ rant ]It's not irrelevant at all. I was proving a point that Kefka's power and actions were greater than X-Death's and that X-Death's merging two world's together was not re-shaping the geographical content of the world, such as kefka did.

If you wanna yell about someone saying irrelevant crap, then yell about the captain.

SO SHUT UP! [ /rant ]

I seriously thing there needs to be a rant thingy

Anyways, back to the matter of Kefka.

I think Kefka was a general at the time of his experimental infusion. I imagine he was always cunning and smart, and rose through the ranks quickly. However, Leo's honor, strength, and courage out-matched Kefka and Celes' by a great deal, which is why he was so high though of. However, Kefka got power drunk and decided to off Leo as soon as he could, however, I think it was the Emperor who gave Kefka permission because Leo was loyal. Even after the Empire attacked Thamasa, he still bowed to Ghestahl asking him why. I doubt he'd ever kill him; it almost seemed as though Ghestahl was like a father figure to him.

Edgar
07-16-2003, 12:03 PM
Kefka, to me, IS a general in service of Vector. THe situation in Doma may be because Leo was placed in charge or some general rules of interferring. Kefka may be there just to check out the situation or something.

If he was lower ranking, he wouldn't have the power to answer back to Leo's appeals not to 'play' dirty'. He would be Leo's lapdog and say, "yes master."

Gestahl is an Emperor and Leo was a simple knight who dedicated his life on improving Vector. Gestahl was blinded by Kefka's acts. When the Espers are released, Gestahl betrayed all by Kefka. Why did he choose Kefka? Simple because no one would want to accompany him to obtaining power. So, like Stalin or Hitler, he eliminated everyone opposing him, even if the threat is not unleased.

Kefka is a smarty alright, I worship him =)

TheAbominatrix
07-16-2003, 01:00 PM
A lot of people were ready to follow Gehstahl. Not because they were bad, they just had a love of their country.

General Leo was of higher rank than Kefka, as proven by the fact that he didnt really stand up to Leo when Leo ordered him around. If he was of higher rank, he could easily tell him what to do, and loyal Leo would follow orders. Unless they were too terrible, like poisoning Doma, for instance.

I dont think Kefka was of higher rank than anyone else, but he was kissing some serious butt. He was close to the Emporer, he was his lap dog. And he was probably planning to overthrow him the whole time, but he had gained the Emporer's trust.

Leo was too moral, and though he was loyal, he was the type to keep from sacrificing his morals, despite what the Emporer wanted.

Kefka is the greatest FF villian of all time. He's so unlike the angsty villians as of late. He just wanted destruction.

playaGAW
07-18-2003, 07:59 AM
I can't take Kefka serious. He looks like a female clown and laughs too much. He's sometimes a li'l funny wich is good, but when I first saw the FF6 FMV I thought e was some type of evil clown lady. He looked sweet when he had those wings at the end though. That's the way he should've looked most of the game.

Behold the Void
07-19-2003, 08:18 AM
Kefka is a good villain. Truly evil villains seem in short supply these days, and I think Kefka constitutes a good one. And as far as ranking goes, I would say he is of a somewhat high rank, but Leo does outrank him. On a side note, I rather liked Leo, honor seems such an alien concept nowadays that his character was very appealing.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-19-2003, 11:30 AM
Leo didn't outrank him. It's explicitly stated that Kefka, Leo, and Celes were all generals. It's just that everyone liked Leo a better because, well, the obvious issue of personality.

It's also demonstrated that Kefka didn't just recently climb the ranks in that Ghastla tells Celes and him that it's their "birthright" to rule the world. Thus, the Emperor must have been endeared by him for quite a while.

Behold the Void
07-19-2003, 06:36 PM
Just because they are all generals doesn't mean one is of higher rank than the others. The way Leo and Kefka respond to each other in the camp outside of Doma is fair evidence, in my opinion, of Leo's higher rank.

On a side note for any readers out there who like Kefka. You should read "The Belgariad" by David Eddings. It is a five book series, each book is approximately 300 pages. The main "villain," the insane, evil god Torak reminds me quite a bit of Kefka. Minus the maniacal laughter. Anyway, it is a good book series, and you guys may enjoy it. Oh, and please, don't say that Eddings may have copied FFIII/VI. He was writing books long before the game was released.

TheAbominatrix
07-19-2003, 11:02 PM
Well Kawaii has a point, and I was thinking... even if they're the same rank, Leo was directly in charge of the Doma situation, so any others, even some of those at higher rank (if there was one) would have to respect his wishes about his post. He's sort of the head honcho there, while he's there. So Kefka would have to adhere to his words.

And, as Generals, they can all be of different rank. Using America's military system as an example... maybe Kefka was one star and Leo was three?

JeffTheGreat1138
07-20-2003, 02:54 AM
Who knows what sort of ranking system the Empire had? I, personally, think that "General" is not an actual military rank in the Empire, but rather a small group of people that were great leaders and were hand-picked by Gehstahl (or a close aid). Forgive me if it doesn't make sense, but I hope you get the picture.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-20-2003, 05:34 AM
That does make sense, considering Ghastla had an effing gigantic army and only three apparent "generals."

The Man
07-21-2003, 01:43 AM
I'd just like to point out that a translation error in the Woolsey FFVI script leads us to believe that Kefka wasn't a general during the Doma incident. This isn't the case, as Sky Render's version of the script (sky_render.tripod.com/ff6script.txt) tells us (he calls them shoguns rather than generals, but... well, you get the picture :P).

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-21-2003, 01:50 AM
Broken link. Just so you know. :aimmeh:

nova
07-21-2003, 10:00 AM
i think that kefka and leo could have been of equal rank, but everyone liked and respected leo more because of his personality and loyalty therefore he was treated as a higher ranking officer.

Behold the Void
07-21-2003, 10:20 AM
But Kefka's behavoir to Leo at the military camp clearly suggests that Leo outranks him. Kefka is forced to submit to Leo's will, even though he doesn't want to.

nova
07-21-2003, 10:28 AM
or maybe leo had an influence on kefka the made kefka seem underranked.

i dunno i probaly wrong but theres nothin wrong with tryin.

Edgar
07-21-2003, 12:51 PM
I just said: Leo is put in charge of the Doma Assault mission. There can only be one person in charge in every mission, so Kefka, whilst still being of the same rank as Leo, is place 2nd in charge of the mission. *scratches head*

Damn, I'm confusing myself.

Dignified Pauper
07-21-2003, 05:32 PM
No, if you remember right... When Leo was summoned by Ghestahl, he left the soldier in chage, but Kefka, the great bully that he is, undermined the officer and put himself in charge.

Behold the Void
07-21-2003, 06:52 PM
No, if you remember right... When Leo was summoned by Ghestahl, he left the soldier in chage, but Kefka, the great bully that he is, undermined the officer and put himself in charge.

Exactly! A lot of what Kefka says at that camp gives clear evidence to this.

The Man
07-21-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
Broken link. Just so you know. :aimmeh: Bah, I screwed it up. It should be fixed now.

Captain_Spaulding
07-23-2003, 11:33 AM
*sigh*

I feel I am greatly misunderstood. I dont want to seem like what I say is irrelevant, however, I think you guys need to concentrate on what I say, just a BIT MORE!

By the way thats a GREAT run on sentence. :eep:

Wightraven
07-24-2003, 04:17 AM
OK then...

I think you are all missing the point here. I dont know, I could be insane but is it me or is Bart in FF7 silly? He is always walking around getting into fights? Does he have some sort of inferiority complex?

I take it that by "Bart" you mean Cloud, as they both share spiky yellow hair. Even still, why are you discussing FF7 in an FF6 forum?

No they dont abominatrix. Your sources are terrible. What game are YOU playing?

Yes they do, Iv'e seen what she was talking about meself.

No youre wrong. Completely, Kefka isnt even IN FF6. God.

And here you're just being stupid.

:mog:<--- what is that?

It's a moogle. If you'd played any FF you should know.

Bart, why Bart is what I renamed Aeris, I felt it was fitting. I mean the green hair and the ice cold veins. Truly fitting.[QUOTE]

That clears up the bart thing, though I never saw Aeris running around getting in fights. Green hair and ice-cold veins? Her hair was brown, unless you screwed with your TV, and she was rather warm... unless you're referring to the way she looks when she's dead, where yes, her hair does look green, and her body is most likely very cold, being that she's in the water.

[QUOTE]I was referring to that Green haired hooligan in 7 named Aeris.. I dont like him, Aeris always ruined me game plan.

Aeris is a she, not a he.

I feel I am greatly misunderstood.

This is the only thing you've said thus far that has made any sense. I have deduced you are one of three things; foreign, eight, or stupid.

That being said, I'll get back on topic; Kefka is truly excellent and has earned the honor of becoming my favorite FF character with his witty lines, glorious rise to power, excellent moves and overall coolness.

Captain_Spaulding
07-24-2003, 06:56 AM
Well I can see someone spit in your enchilada. You arent a very nice person. AND I HAVE ALREADY EXPLAINED. i did not mean Cloud. God, Cloud has YELLOW hair. Geez. and No, Im not referring to when Aeris is in the cold. :rolleyes2

Im not stupid.
Im not 8.
And Im not Foreign. :mad2:

Wightraven
07-24-2003, 08:23 AM
Well, yes, I am mean. I got tired of being nice loooong ago, as it gets you nowhere.

Anyway, I'd be happy to hear an explanation from you about all these weird and seemingly nonsensical things you've posted. If you don't wish to post it here, simply PM me.

Dalkaen
07-24-2003, 09:23 AM
Perhaps he's 8, stupid, and foreign? I mean... either you're posting all that nonsense as a joke, or (haha) you truly think you know what you're talking about, in which case, you are sadly mistaken...

Back to the topic, Kefka is one of my favorite villains of all time. In the beginning, it seems as if he's merely comic relief, but as the game progresses, you can tell that he's really a force to be reckoned with. (Although the final boss was quite easy, but go with me here)

Edgar
07-24-2003, 12:32 PM
this arguement is forbidden in the shrine of Kefka! Look, everyone's deep in prayer.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-24-2003, 03:25 PM
Yeah, enough about the Captain now.

MJN SEIFER
08-21-2003, 12:24 PM
Kefka is my favorite Villain I've decided! He's even Better than Sephiroth!! I mean Sephy only TALKED about Screwing the world up where as Kefka Jumed to it! and Left his mark on the Planet Hell he's pratically GOD n the WOR a Cult formed for him and im removing towns with his "Judgement" but how do we know his sur name "Plazzo" where is it mentiond?

Sesshomaru
08-21-2003, 03:25 PM
Kefka is a *snip* and the most annoying villian in the FF series, but this just attributes how good of a villan he was.

Edit by Gau: If you'd like to use your childish insults, do it elsewhere, not here.

TheAbominatrix
08-21-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Sesshomaru
Kefka is a fag and the most annoying villian in the FF series, but this just attributes how good of a villan he was.

It's difficult to care about what you have to say when you cant think of a better and less cruel term than 'fag'.

The Man
08-21-2003, 07:48 PM
This thread was crap anyway, why'd someone have to go and revive it?

m4tt
08-21-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by The Man
This thread was crap anyway, why'd someone have to go and revive it?

So they could add their oh so important input, of course.