PDA

View Full Version : Most emotional Final Fantasy. (spoilers abound)

ZeZipster
07-14-2003, 05:38 AM
Simple enough. I got the idea of this forum when I heard some one say they cried at the end of FFX. Personally, I think if you cried because of FFX, FF7 has to traumatize you. It's about a thousand times more emotionally involving. So many people die... Even a main character.

TheAbominatrix
07-14-2003, 05:50 AM
Actually in most FF's, there have been deaths.
IV = Tellah, and Yang is thought dead for a while
V = Galuf
VI = Leo

I dont remember one in VIII, and the others I havent played the others enough yet to know.

For me, it was VI, because I became so attached to the characters. I cried at the end just because my time in that little world was over. Emotions have a lot to do with attachment, so that effects most everyone's answers. But VI is mine.

PhoenixAsh
07-14-2003, 10:45 PM
Err you know that TWO main characters die (ish) in X right?

Ø
07-14-2003, 11:46 PM
I thought that (SPOILER) Freya's entire country and race being blown up was a bit harsh... I really felt for her, I wanted to hug and kiss her and tell her everything was going to be alright... then tool up and kick some ASS :D

PhoenixAsh
07-15-2003, 12:42 AM
Again that's something that happens
in X.

ZeZipster
07-15-2003, 12:56 AM
Massive spoiler:

PhoenixAsh they don't really die. They never really existed, and it's not like they were murdered. Aeris was forced in your party (this made some people dislike her) and then she was killed, so you grew attached, and then she was murdered, brutally. That was just Aeris, a lot of other people died too.

PhoenixAsh
07-15-2003, 01:07 AM
Can you edit the title? There's gonna be a lot of spoilers in this thread methinks and it saves time.

Not really, Avalanche, Aeris, Bugenhagen(maybe), some bad guys.

Yuna falling through Tidus was just as powerful as Aeris' death IMO, and Auron.

I prefer VII and was more affected, I'm just giving examples of things that happen in X.

Storm
07-15-2003, 05:38 AM
In Final Fantasy IV, when Edge meets his parents as monsters and they kill themselves, that was probably the most emotionally affected I have been by a final fantasy. I was 12 at the time, so the fear of actually losing your parents at such a young age was quite devastating. That music it played was also extremely depressing. I still cannot stand it when I play Final Fantasy IV to this day.

Nothing really affected me in 5 or 6.

Aeris' death was somewhat sad, but the music it played during her death was just too peaceful to bring a tear to my eye. I didn't really like her anyways.

And yes, it was extremely saddening when Yuna fell through Tidus at the end of FFX.

On a side note, it was also depressing when Mortiorchis exploded in FFX after the battle with Seymour Flux. What a great machine....or whatever the heck that thing is(A flying chariot with arms?).

Atma Weapon
07-15-2003, 07:10 AM
Emotional dosen't necessarily mean "has the most deaths" IMHO. I thought FF6 was the most emotional, because I got really attached to the characters, especially Terra, and the emotional effect from their smaller tragedies and triumphs was multiplied by the sheer amount of attachment I had for the characters.
FF6 SpoilerWhen Terra's father fades from existence and when shadow dies, or even when Terra leaves her children behind to fight Kefka produced a stronger impact for me even though their deaths were not as dramatic as say .Aeris or Tidus . I gotta give FFX props for an excellent tragedy though, the character development wasn't quite as good as FF6 but it really was an excellent story, very atmospheric as well.

Dignified Pauper
07-16-2003, 02:02 PM
I must agree with storm being that FFIV was the most emotional.

Not only for Edge and his parents, but Kain's story between Cecil, Rosa, and himself, leading him to be easily controlled by Zemus. The sacrifices by characters such as Yang, Cid, and Palom/Porom were in some ways overwhelming. Tellah's great anger towards everything when Anna died led to his own untimely demise and in the end, nothing was solved by his actions. Edward, knowing how weak he was, insisted on fighting, knowing that he had to be brave. And the end, during the final battle, when everyone important to the party appears, encouraging them and giving them strength, even those who died, it was nearly overwhelming for me.

FF6 is another good one, not as Great as FF4 IMO, but still good. First, Terra's constant struggle with who she was in the beginning of the game. Hard for her to overcome but she did. Then her battle for love, and to find it in Children when she thought it would come from a love from the insignificant other. Locke's story about Rachel, and how he overcame his emotions for his first love and ended with Celes. Celes' constant reminder that she was once a general with the Empire, and when she was doubted, she proved herself to Locke and the others at the Magitek Research Facility. Shadow entire life (if you saw the dreams) were full of emotional ties. His battle to stay stray from Realm, and the way his dog was the only thing he had. Strago taking care of Realm, even though he wasn't her real grandfather showed his caring personality. Leo's own loyalty that led to his own demise. There's so much more to it, esp. the last scene.

I say ff4 is the most emotional, followed by FF6 closely, and then FF9. In FF9, entire cities were leveled and mercilessly slaughtered. The ending was very sad.

§håd0w
07-29-2003, 03:48 PM
FFVII was the most dramatic by far. I was broken down by that FMV. I couldnt get over it for about a week ( i know im pathectic), and it still hurts me everytime i see that movie. after that, ffx only made my eyes a bit misty, but nothing too drastic, i was emotionaly broken in half for the longest time after playing FFVII. thats what made it the best game ever, it had a good plot, and a load of drama

Takara
07-01-2004, 07:30 PM
When Vivi sees all his friends die, with the pointy hat falling off the cargo ship... saddest FMV ever.

The first time I went through that scene, I cried. My roommate thought I had gone insane.

What Indelacio said pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Ultima Shadow
07-01-2004, 08:02 PM
Tied betweene FFVI and FFVII.

Leeza
07-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Sorry, but this thread is way too old to make a comeback.