PDA

View Full Version : Emulator trick

Atma Weapon
07-14-2003, 05:59 AM
On the Snes9XW emulator, and probally other ones as well, you can turn certain backgrounds on and off. By pressing the number 2 on the keypad you can turn off the background that displays walls which your characters can walk in. (Like the secret passages and walking behind buildings and such.) This can lead to a number of interesting discoveries. For example, the treasure chest containing the break blade is already opened when you get there, but you still get the item out of it! Also you can see a number of inactive characters hiding in walls or just out of view, and small empty rooms which you can't actually reach.:mog: :choc:
:crono: + :beer: = :chobin:

Captain_Spaulding
07-14-2003, 06:01 AM
Point being?

TheAbominatrix
07-14-2003, 06:27 AM
That's really cool, Atma. There's also another button that helps when you're in dark places, it allows you to see the map as though there was no darkness, like in Ebot's Rock and such. I'll have to go through the game with the backgrounds off, sounds fun.

Atma Weapon
07-14-2003, 06:31 AM
No point really, just a trick to help find secret passages or to do stupid things like dance in front of the NPC's hiding the walls and taunting them. Don't be so cold, can't we all just get along?:cool:
:bgl: :beer: :upsidedow

Atma Weapon
07-14-2003, 06:45 AM
Thanks Abominatrix, I never thought to try to remove darkness using the background. I'm almost at the floating island now, I'll have to try that when i get to ebot's rock. Another thing I noticed is that there is two treasure chests in a tent near where you fight Kefka the first time (not in narshe, in the desert base near Doma) right next to where Sabin and Cyan get their magitek armor, but I've never been able to reach the chests. The only time i can think of to get them is while Cyan fights with the soldiers, but my characters won't leave. Also try talking to the 2 narshe soldiers that attack you in the small house in Vector where the little old healing lady lives. It doesn't do anything, but it looks funny seeing them think that you can't see them. Reminds me of a little kid covering his eyes and thinking he's invisible.;)
:choc: :magus:

Shimbe
08-11-2003, 08:39 AM
THAT treasure? It's easy to get!

When you're after Kefka ("do I look like a waiter?"), there's a tent in which you can get 2 treasures (one of them is a monster in a box), right? Well, just go BEHIND that tent, stand right in front of the entrence of the lower tent, and you'll jump down to get the prize. Then get out of the tent and you'll jump up again.

Nice and easy! (forgive my english :tongue: )