PDA

View Full Version : ...Fuggin' Hell!!

Blackmage
07-14-2003, 01:01 PM
Alright, there're these friggin' retarded ads that keep popping up in message boxes (No, not IM messages, but the boxes with the OK button.) that tell you to get www.endads.com or some crap like that. I believe it has something to do with Windows Messenger, but I'm not entirely sure. Is there a way to get those stupid ads to go away (Without getting their crappy service, anyways.)?

Endless
07-14-2003, 01:09 PM
There are two ways.
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35415 should list both. The firewall one isn't really correct, but if you choose to use that one, I'll get what you need to block.

Blackmage
07-14-2003, 01:17 PM
Bah, that's what I get for not looking around in here enough. Thanks.

Ø
07-14-2003, 02:37 PM
If you mean messenger ads, there's a neat program which disables the messenger service (NOT related to MSN Messenger) so nobody can perform net-sends on you and bombard you with trash.

The program is available through msn.com and is called "Stop Messenger Spam". I have it, it works :)

crono_logical
07-14-2003, 02:51 PM
It's called bloatware, since you can easily disable it yourself in the control panel if you bothered to look :p

Ø
07-14-2003, 11:59 PM
Quite true, but it's missions to find if you're not aware of what you're looking for, and it's even more hassle to have to keep doing it every time you boot up :D

Endless
07-15-2003, 12:29 AM
run> msconfig> services> uncheck messenger is a permanent disabling.

Ø
07-17-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Master Vivi
run> msconfig> services> uncheck messenger is a permanent disabling.

Interesting... it certainly wasn't permanent for me! :D Or I wouldn't have dl'd the bloody program... oh well, it works, I'm happy.