PDA

View Full Version : How did you beat Omega and or Shinryu?

Atma Weapon
07-15-2003, 04:43 AM
I was wondering just how many ways to beat those two notorious hidden bosses there are. You can't just rush in with a "me strong, me smash" type mentality, it really makes you think. Because of this, most of the strategies I've heard have been pretty clever. The one I created for Omega was to have one character with the elemental sword spells (!sword i think) and the two swords ability hit him twice with a high level bolt sword while the other three characters used the bard's hide ability to avoid Omega's counterattacking and then used white magic to revive the attacker. I reapeated that 3-4 times and Omega died. For Shinryu I used the !shot ability and two swords, and the hide-heal tactic from the Omega fight. Without the vicious counterattacks of Omega, Shinryu went down almost without a fight. That's what I thought of but I know that there are better one's out there. :choc:

Sefie1999AD
07-15-2003, 04:29 PM
I used the same strategy as you did against the Omega Weapon, except I had X-Fight along with 2 swords and Bolt3 magic sword.

For Shinryu, I equipped everyone with Coral Rings to absorb Shinryu's Tidal Wave attack. Then I had my main attacker equipped with 2 swords, X-Fight and time (dimensional) magic. I had another character with summon, X-magic and time magic. First, I had the main character use Quick and then X-Fight twice (totally 16 attacks), the other character use X-Magic with Haste2-Quick-Bahamut-Bahamut-Bahamut-Bahamut combo. After this, I had the remaining characters heal the party as well as they can, and finally I had the main attacker use another Quick with X-Fight twice after that. This finished off the dragon.

omnitarian
07-15-2003, 05:09 PM
Shinryuu: Water Rings + Dragon Lances + Jump + Luck.

Omega: Hoo boy. I think I had 2 people using Mystic Knight's Bolt Sword 3, then !Aim. The other two cast Bolt3 or healed.

Simick
07-17-2003, 08:20 PM
I've yet to beat Omega, but Shinryu's simple. I made everybody lancers with the 2-swords ability and equipped each with two dragon lances (which can be stolen from crystal dragons in the crystal world quite easily) and a coral ring (as Sephiroth1999AD suggested.) Once the battle starts, the rings will absorb Shinryu's initial attack, then simply have everybody jump. The lances will do max damage twice because he's a dragon, and he'll be dead before the slowest lancer falls.

xenapan
03-11-2004, 10:54 PM
flame rings work for omega's main fire attack. I STILL have problems with omega erasing my memory one after the other.

hiding doesnt seem to work for me... they like run off then the battle is over and im returned to the adventure map >_<

The Man
03-11-2004, 10:57 PM
I didn't.

It might not be a good idea to revive old threads, btw.

xenapan
03-11-2004, 11:15 PM
flame rings work for omega's main fire attack. I STILL have problems with omega erasing memory one after the other. that or confusion really annoys me.

hiding doesnt seem to work for me... they like run off then the battle is over and im returned to the adventure map >_<

i did manage shiyru with quick xmagic and summon bahamut tho.:p

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-12-2004, 01:13 AM
Ten months asleep is dead.