PDA

View Full Version : Uhh...Help!

Rinoas'_evil_twin
07-15-2003, 11:08 AM
Someone please help. I have no idea how to defeat the Ultima Weapon. All my characters are at lv80+ but I still can't beat it. (My party is Squall, Rinoa and Zell).

Big D
07-15-2003, 11:56 AM
Here's a simple strategy, but it requires powerful items and magic:

1) Summon Cerberus, giving all characters Double and Triple.

2) Cast Aura on the entire party, allowing more frequent Limit Breaks.

3) Use a Holy War item, rendering the party invulnerable.

4) Cast 'Meltdown' on Ultima Weapon.

5) Begin using physical Limit Breaks. If a Limit isn't immediately available for a character, simply press the 'change character' button (usually O) until the Limit icon appears.

6) Watch as Ultima Weapon perishes. Next stop, Omega Weapon.

Good luck!:)

Blackmage
07-15-2003, 03:24 PM
Here's an even simpler strategy.

1) Have Squall with Lionhart and 255 strength.
2) Cast Meltdown on Ultima Weapon.
3) Cast Aura and Haste on Squall.
4) Use Squall's limit break while the others just try to keep everyone from dying; once he gets a Lionheart attack off, it's all over.

m4tt
07-15-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Kuja Highwind
Here's an even simpler strategy.

1) Have Squall with Lionhart and 255 strength.

Heh, and how is that simple?

Mo-Nercy
07-16-2003, 08:08 AM
It doesn't really matter what level your characters are on for any FFVIII enemy (well, except maybe Omega)

Remember to draw Eden.

Blackmage
07-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Gau
Heh, and how is that simple?
Pssh, Lionhart's a breeze to get. If you're reeeal good, you can get it as early as the first disc. Lesse, what were the requirements again...
*12 Pulse Ammo (This's the only annoying part of it; either play cards 'til you get 20 Elnoyle cards or go find and kill Elnoyles for Energy Crystals to refine into Pulse Ammo; personally, I have the hardest time finding Elnoyles around Esthar.)
*1 Adamantine (Kill an Adamantoise, found on beach north of Dollet)
*4 Dragon Fangs (Kill Blue Dragon on Island Closest to Hell)

And 255 strength...100 Meteor/Aura spells junctioned to strength + Str+60% ability = max strength, especially if Rinoas_evil_twin's at level 80 and above.

m4tt
07-16-2003, 04:40 PM
I know that Lionheart is easy to get, I just don't see how getting 255 strength is easy. Aren't Aura and Meteor pretty hard to find?

Scar Face
07-16-2003, 05:39 PM
I beat Ultima weapon without holy wars.I only had two heros so I use only one on Squall.I had the Lionheart and my strength was at atleast 210.

I first used aura,then hero,then drew Eden,then used renzokuken and got the fated circle,renzokuken again and got another fated circle,then I made one party member use Kamikaze,and another keep using magic like Firaga,blizzaga,etc.I finally finished off Ultima with one last renzokuken aand got rough divide,then Ultima Weapon was Defeated.

PhoenixAsh
07-16-2003, 07:49 PM
Aura and Meteor are easy enough to get hold of, but Ultima is easier to get, and more effective.

Stock up on Full Life, and the three above using Enc-none, and wandering around the Islands Closest to Heaven and Hell (far left and right of map) looking for invisible draw points. The entrance to Shumi Village also has a very good Ultima draw point that you pay for, but it's worth it IMO, and you can keep going back pretty regularly.

If you want the Lionheart, Kuja Highwind explained pretty well, although the easiest way to get Pulse Ammo is to head to the middle of Esthar and find a guy in a cloak thing. Talk to him and you fight an Elnoyle (or Elvoret I forget). Keep leaving and returning to the screen and he comes back.

After that a mixture of Renzokuken, Full Life, Aura (or just leave Squall critical and keep hitting circle till a limit comes up), and Meltdown should do the trick.

REMEMBER TO DRAW EDEN!!!

Omega_x
07-17-2003, 04:26 AM
The easiest way to get squall at 255 strength is to make sure that early in the game when you are still levelling him up, equip him with the strength bonus ability (which adds +1 to strength at every level). Make sure that he is level 100 before you go into battle, then equip 100 ultimas to his strength.

If you do all of this his strength should be at 255 by the time you are able to fight ultima weapon.

Mo-Nercy
07-17-2003, 06:51 AM
After you actually plan out and prepare yourself for the fight, you'll find that getting down to Ultima Weapon is the hardest part about beating him.

Once again, remember to draw Eden, or you'll have to wait till Tiamat. And by then, it'll be too late to learn all the precious abilities etc.

Rinoas'_evil_twin
07-17-2003, 11:08 AM
At the risk of sounding stupid, where is the Omega weapon? Also, how do you get the GF, I think it's called doomtrain;-p

Jalbrean
07-17-2003, 11:26 AM
Omega weapon is in Ultimecia's Castle --click and drag over spoiler area to highlight--

Doomtrain: You can find a ring called "Solomon Ring" at Tears' Point in Esthar. You also need to get six Malboro Tentacles, Six Remedy+, and six steel pipes. Once you have all the items needed use the ring. You'll have Doomtrain.

Rinoas'_evil_twin
07-17-2003, 11:29 AM
Cheers :). Is it just me or is Ultemicia the easiest person in the world to cream?

Jalbrean
07-17-2003, 11:35 AM
She is rather easy. A couple of lionhearts do the job well. ;>