PDA

View Full Version : A question about customising equipment for ap gaining

XeQtR
07-15-2003, 02:30 PM
I have been reading about how to get tons of ap from fighting don tonberry, but i have a question about the equipment.

The guides showing how to do this says i should have a weapon with overdrive > ap (and probably triple ap). But i wonder, if i have overdrive > ap as well as triple overdrive, will it help on getting more ap from the overdrive > ap ability? I Can't seem to find a good answer for this, hopefully I will here. :p

Blackmage
07-15-2003, 03:01 PM
You're best off with both Triple AP and Triple Overdrive on a weapon of that nature. Let's put it this way...

If I'm correct, you normally get 4,000 AP for having a weapon only with Overdrive --> AP when set to mode Slayer and killing one monster. Having Triple Overdrive will triple it to 12,000 AP. Add on Triple AP and you'll get it tripled again to 36,000 AP. Having all of this allows you to level well anywhere you want for decent AP, however, you'd still be best to go to Omega Ruins to level, since you've got Triple AP, and we all know that everything there is worth a bunch.

So, what's the drawback to this kind of weapon? The customizing process. It takes 10 Doors to Tomorrow, 30 Winning Formulas, and 50 Wings to Discovery to get a weapon with those 3 abilities. None of them are exactly easy to get, ya know?

XeQtR
07-15-2003, 03:10 PM
Hehe.. I was thinking about how I'm supposed to get all that, but with time, I'll probably have it. :D

§håd0w
07-15-2003, 04:21 PM
i thought it was 20 doors to tomorrow? w/e...
buy a tetra ---- from wantz, then equip it with overdirve----> ap, double overdrive, triple overdrive, and triple ap. or u could substitue double overdrive for double ap, but you would get the same thing either way. any way!>>! set you mode to warrior, and fight a boss at the moster arena, i suggest fighting chimerageist, it has low hp, and u get a decent amount of ap, and it doesnt counter attack. o u could fight cactuar, king cactuar, master tonberry, or don tonberry, except they all counter attack except for cactuar. u can easily get 20-50 levels per battle

XeQtR
07-15-2003, 07:30 PM
The only guy I'm gonna fight when I have customised everything is Don Tonberry :p

Since i have 30x Wings to Discovery, I'll probably have to bribe some Malboro's for the rest, up to 50x.

However, I still have more questions. When one characters weapon has overdrive -> ap, will only that character receive the extra ap, or all of them? As well with Triple ap, does it only count for one character? Getting 150x Wings to Discovery is crazy, if i have to do it for 3 chars..

§håd0w
07-16-2003, 01:51 AM
auto abilities only work on the given character. except gillionaire

XeQtR
07-16-2003, 01:53 AM
Ok, thanks for replies ;)

§håd0w
07-16-2003, 02:00 AM
sure thing. if ever have anymore questions... just shoot away, im sure someone (other than me :D ) will me able to answer them

XeQtR
07-16-2003, 11:23 PM
Since you gave me the opportunity to bother you some more, I'll have to use it :p

I can't find Wantz in macalania woods, any solution to this?
I think i read something about it, saying that if i talked to him at mt. gagazet the first time you meet him, he will not show up in the woods. Is this correct?

And if, what monsters can i defeat to get a weapon with 4 empty slots?

Advent Child
07-17-2003, 09:52 PM
i think adamantoise.

§håd0w
07-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by XeQtR
Since you gave me the opportunity to bother you some more, I'll have to use it :p

I can't find Wantz in macalania woods, any solution to this?
I think i read something about it, saying that if i talked to him at mt. gagazet the first time you meet him, he will not show up in the woods. Is this correct?

And if, what monsters can i defeat to get a weapon with 4 empty slots?

lol. it doesnt bother me at all, ask what u want. he should be there after u get the air ship. make sure ur looking in the right spot... the very first screen, after u leave the thunder plains, he should just be standing there. as far talkin to him on gagazet, thats not true. i talked to him and bought stuff from him, and he still showed up. in the omega ruins there, varuna drops tetra equipment, i think adamantoise might too. but if u dont mind having armour with an ability already equipped, then master tonberry drops a four slotted armor with deathproof equipped. come to think of it, most of the fiends there drop 4 slotted euipment with one really good auto-ability. if u need anything else... just shout

XeQtR
07-17-2003, 11:56 PM
I looked everywhere for Wantz, couldn't find him. I even saw a picture of where he was, and i still couldn't find him. Maybe I didn't progress far enough yet. I have the airship, but I haven't fought sin on the top there, maybe he'll be there after that.

You're right about monster at the omega ruins dropping tetra stuff. I got one armor with 4 slots, but one of them were already taken by a useless auto-ability, i don't remember which it was, but i'll probably find an empty one some day ;)

§håd0w
07-18-2003, 12:24 AM
yeah. he might be there after u beat sin. cuz the only reason i went back to macalania was to charge up the celestial weapons, and i just found him by luck, lol. but yea, pretty much every monster in omega ruins drops a 4 slotted armor or weapon. some just have an ability and some have nothing. i found if ur luck is higher, ur chance of gettin an empty shield is greater. i got 4 tetra bucklers from varuna in about 40 minutes. so good luck finding what u need

XeQtR
07-18-2003, 01:16 AM
Thanks. My luck is fairly low (can't remember exactly), but soon, very soon, is the time to start hunting for ap, finally! :D

§håd0w
07-18-2003, 01:31 AM
o yea i forgot to mention this earlier, but if u bribe a monster for items, say 8 wings for 1,280,000 on a great marlboro. if u give him like 6 million, u get like 30. so the more u bribe the better deals u get. and as far as luck goes, do to the section in auron's part of the grid that has a lv.1 block followed by 7 empty nodes. fill them with luck spheres and activate them if u can. u get about 30 luck from it

XeQtR
07-18-2003, 03:07 AM
One thing which is killing me is that i about 75% of the times i'm bribing some monster, i get the nice message saying "miss" :|. Does this go with luck as well? Or.. accuracy? :p

§håd0w
07-18-2003, 01:33 PM
to tell u the truth, i dont know why it does that either, bribe is supposed to be 20x the amount of their full hp. but usually if u bribe the monster about 1000 gil the next turn, they'll leave. it might have to do with both luck and accuracy. it rarely happens to me anymore, but just give him about 1000 gil the next turn and he'll leave