PDA

View Full Version : What! No NewGame+ mode? [CC]

ForeverZeroUltima
07-15-2003, 11:44 PM
ok....let me brief you first....

i play Chrono Cross.
I beat the game.
i watch 4/5 of the ending.
suddenly, the whole thing shuts down about the part after teh girl walks on the railroad.
No NewGame+ mode. [THIS MEANS I CAN'T FIGHT OZZIE FLEA AND SLASH!i!i!i!i!]
even worse, i was taken back about 5 savepoints!

is this a glitch with my game? or is it because i have a bad PSX emulator? if its the emulator, its called ePSXe. also if it IS the emulator, can you suggest where i can download a different one?

Super Christ
07-16-2003, 12:39 AM
I blame the emulator - it doesn't like to work for me on Chrono Cross. But, it always works just fine when I play it on a playstation. So, unless your discs are scratched or something, I blame the emulator. As for different emulators, I don't really know of any good emulators for ANY system more recent than the SNES.

Velvet Mink
07-16-2003, 01:20 AM
It's definitely your emulator. The game doesn't just end halfway through the ending. Something's messed up on your end.

MASA
07-16-2003, 03:03 AM
Be sure u pass ALLLLLL....and its not the emulator...u have the best..well ur cd of CC is a copy ??

crono_logical
07-16-2003, 10:39 AM
I had no problems with playing CC on the emulator and getting New Game+. Kr0n0s is right though, ePSXe is the best PSX emulator you can find out there - if you learn how to work it... :p It's more likely how you configured the emulator rather than the emulator itself, since you tend to get best performance for slightly different settings depending on the PC itself, it can be rather sensitive in that way :p

One tip to avoid losing that many save games on the memory card is to pause the emulator a short while after "saving" (by pressing ESC or whatever) - this forces the card to be saved to your hard drive so your save really does get saved, otherwise it's only saved in memory, which isn't very useful if the emulator crashes like it sounded like it did for you :p I'd guess it only saves to disk when you pause the emulator for performance reasons, though I can't be sure.

I'd also rip the game CDs to your HD if you have the space, and tell ePSXe to play from them instead of off the CD in the drive, gives you brilliant loading time speeds that way :p

ForeverZeroUltima
07-17-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Kr0N0s
Be sure u pass ALLLLLL....and its not the emulator...u have the best..well ur cd of CC is a copy ??

well.........it IS a copy i burned from a friend's CC CDs...but it might or might not be the reason....

I had no problems with playing CC on the emulator and getting New Game+. Kr0n0s is right though, ePSXe is the best PSX emulator you can find out there - if you learn how to work it... It's more likely how you configured the emulator rather than the emulator itself, since you tend to get best performance for slightly different settings depending on the PC itself, it can be rather sensitive in that way
One tip to avoid losing that many save games on the memory card is to pause the emulator a short while after "saving" (by pressing ESC or whatever) - this forces the card to be saved to your hard drive so your save really does get saved, otherwise it's only saved in memory, which isn't very useful if the emulator crashes like it sounded like it did for you I'd guess it only saves to disk when you pause the emulator for performance reasons, though I can't be sure.

I'd also rip the game CDs to your HD if you have the space, and tell ePSXe to play from them instead of off the CD in the drive, gives you brilliant loading time speeds that way

um.....thanks, that might be the reason...
if it IS because of the way i have it configured, can you tell me the right ways?
however, i'm not as good as computer engineering [i think] as most people, so i wouldn't know how to rip the info from the CD to teh HD...but of course, i have plenty of space. (still about 10 gigabytes.) 0_o!
also, crono logical, what exactly DID you do for your emulator to work better than mine?
:magus:

ForeverZeroUltima
07-27-2003, 07:40 PM
um, anyone? help?! PLEASE?!?!!??!

kupopo
07-31-2003, 08:06 PM
A lot of games that you play on ePSXe don't work with the same configurations as a different game. If you play a lot of different games on it, you may have to reconfigure it every time you play a new game, or you can just mess with it for a while with one game to see what works best. Play the game, and mess with the video and sound options.
And make sure you have the bios' for the games. I am currently using bios SCPH7502.bin. You can look it up online. Other bios' are: BIOS41A.bin, DTLH3000.bin, SCPH1000.bin, SCPH1001.bin, and the one I'm using. There may be others, but those are the ones I have. I'm not sure but the settings may just depend on your computer.
I haven't used it in a while, but I think I may have seen something about Squaresoft games, a checkbox somewhere in an options menu. I'm not totally up to date on the technology but this is the best I could come up with. I hope it helps in some way.
Just keep fiddling with it and try again. Oh, and always save often.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-31-2003, 11:53 PM
how helpful.......*hack

ForeverZeroUltima
08-21-2003, 01:52 AM
ok never mind, i tried out a different emulator.
it has a few glitches, but other than that its the best emulator i've seen (yes, better than ePSXe)
i used this emulator and I CAN GET NEWGAME+ mode now!