PDA

View Full Version : jap. audio + eng. subtitles?

gabor
07-16-2003, 09:51 AM
hi,

i'm playing ff-x (PAL version) right now, and it's a greatr game and so on, but .... somehow i like the japanese voices (heard in the trailers) more..

is there ANY version of ff-x which comes with jap. audio + english. subtitles? basically a version identical to the normal english versions (ntsc+pal), but where in the game the characters talk in japanese.

for example what about ff-x international version, released in japan?

(for now let's don't think about the fact that i would need a jap. ps2 :-)

thanks

crono_logical
07-16-2003, 10:42 AM
I'm not sure if the Japanese version of International would have dual language subtitles to go with the japanese audio - I know the normal international one with English audio doesn't.

Kurohime
07-16-2003, 10:50 AM
Nope, the Japanese import of FF10 International has dual versions, Japanese audio with Japanese subtitles, and English audio with Engish subtitles.

Heh-heh... yeah, that was one of the first things I checked when I played mine, too... :)

crono_logical
07-16-2003, 10:56 AM
Bah, now I want it, japanese audio is always better than english :p Not that I'm likely to have the time to play it any time soon :p

gabor
07-16-2003, 11:09 AM
so the jap-international version has:
either jap-audio+jap-subtitles or
eng-audio+eng-subtitles...

you mean that it's impossible to switch to jap-audio+eng-subtitles?

:(((

i really don't understand why they don't allow that...

and btw.

the international version:

what about the menu items abilities and so on? can they be in english?

Ki Ki
07-16-2003, 03:17 PM
Hey!
Garbor!
I think you shouldn't type Japanese like Jap.
There was this topic where this Japanese person*I think he/she was Japanese* got pissed off cuz he/she didn't like the fact that people reffered to Japanese people like...*Jap*.
Jus sum advice....you don't want that person starting another flaming topic like that....now do you?
:)

gabor
07-16-2003, 04:29 PM
thanks for the info.

i really don't want to offend anyone, i apologize if it happened.

people usually refer to for example english subtitles as ENG, i'm from Hungary (HUN), live in Slovakia(SK) and so on.

so i thought to make it shorter i just use the first 3 letter of the 'japanese' word. i won't do it anymore :)

is there a non-offensize shortened-form for 'japanese'?

(i hope 'eng' is not offensive to any native-english person)

Ki Ki
07-16-2003, 04:45 PM
Sure thing!
No problem! I'm jus trying to get you out of flames way!
Hehe!
I don't think there's another way to shorten the word Japanese...
I guess...jus becuz wea are all nice people...
We will rite it properly! :D

crono_logical
07-16-2003, 05:19 PM
Well, there's JP :p

Flying Mullet
07-16-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Ki Ki
Sure thing!
No problem! I'm jus trying to get you out of flames way!
Hehe!
I don't think there's another way to shorten the word Japanese...
I guess...jus becuz wea are all nice people...
We will rite it properly! :D

"jap." is ok since he used it with "eng." it shows that he is abreviating by both useing a period and giving another language the same treatment.
Either way, have you tried looking for a rom of FFX on the internet where someone has hacked it to do what you want? I know it's not the best way to go, but it's a thought.

gabor
07-16-2003, 05:35 PM
by hacked rom you mean a hacked dvd-image?

is it possible at all?

btw. it seems i'll be back to my big to-open-the-ps2-or-not-to-open-the-ps2 problem :(

Flying Mullet
07-16-2003, 05:40 PM
Sorry, I forgot that you don't have rom's with cd/dvd games. I guess what I mean is maybe you can find an emulator that will split the vocal tracks and/or the subtitle tracks so you can pick which you want. I doubt there's one out there but hey, you never know,

Kurohime
07-16-2003, 10:12 PM
A better shortened version of "Japanese" would be "JPN," rather than "JAP," actually. "Jap" was a very derogatory way of refering to the Japanese during WW2. :) I can see how someone would be really sensitive to those issues.

Every school I've been to (at least here in Hawaii) shortens it like this: JPN

As far as the English subtitles go... yeah, in the international version, all of the commands are in English under the English subs, or Japanese (And in kanji... grrrrness!!) under the Japanese subs.

gabor
07-17-2003, 01:51 AM
>As far as the English subtitles go... yeah, in the international version,
>all of the commands are in English under the English subs, or
>Japanese (And in kanji... grrrrness!!) under the Japanese subs.

and you can't have jpn-audio+eng-subs together?

§håd0w
07-29-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Ki Ki
Hey!
Garbor!
I think you shouldn't type Japanese like Jap.
There was this topic where this Japanese person*I think he/she was Japanese* got pissed off cuz he/she didn't like the fact that people reffered to Japanese people like...*Jap*.
Jus sum advice....you don't want that person starting another flaming topic like that....now do you?
:)

it really doesnt offend me unless its like "he is a jap. etc..."
if its just "the jap. version was better" then thats nothing, its the same way, i say eng. version instead of english. its just an abbreviation, but JPN is much better