PDA

View Full Version : Blitz help!

final boss
07-16-2003, 03:36 PM
I can't do AuraBolt and Fire Dance because i don't know how to do them. What does the left and right corner mean? That's the problem. I can't figure those out. Help!

Zifnab
07-16-2003, 03:46 PM
It means you have to do it in one smooth action. For example, I seem to remember Aura Bolt works from Left, Left-Bottom, Bottom. So press Left, then stroke your finger across the d-pad so you make a smooth curve across the pad in the direction the Blitz is in. Then press X. Try it a few times if it fails, those Blitzes tend to be the hardest to perform (wait until you see Bum Rush, that's a full-circle).

crono_logical
07-16-2003, 04:09 PM
It's kinda like the movements you do on a d-pad when trying to do combos when playing beat-em-up games :p Well, Sabin is that sort of character :p

Atma Weapon
07-16-2003, 05:01 PM
Try pressing down, then without releasing down press left, then release down. Practice that until it is one smooth quick motion and it should pull off the Blitz everytime. Suplex and pummel work really well too, and without those tricky rotations. If your haveing trouble with aurabolt though, you may want to get rid of Sabin before he learns Bum Rush or Air blade.;)

Flying Mullet
07-16-2003, 05:03 PM
And on a similar note, why couldn't the playstation rerelease allow you to use the analog stick as well as the directional pad, like in the later playstation final fantasies? Sabin's blitzes woiuld have been so much easier on an analog stick!

m4tt
07-16-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
And on a similar note, why couldn't the playstation rerelease allow you to use the analog stick as well as the directional pad, like in the later playstation final fantasies? Sabin's blitzes woiuld have been so much easier on an analog stick!

Probably because you could walk diaganolly in the later Final Fantasies. In VI, you could only walk in straight lines.

Shimbe
08-11-2003, 08:03 AM
Well... why don't you try this?

Aura bolt DDL
Air blade UURRDDL
Fire dance LLDDR
Bum rush LLUURRDDL

D=Down, L=Left, R=Right, U=Up ;)

Xander
08-31-2003, 09:28 PM
I'm not sure if your still having any problems with this at all, but I was trying to get Aurabolt after reading this thread by doing it how some people had said, but it only worked very occasionally. Then for some reason all I pressed was:

Down, left, left. Just pressed each one once and it works everytime. Kinda similar to what Shimbe said but not exactly. Maybe it works either way.

For Fire Dance I pressed:

Left, Down, Down, Down, Right. This also worked everytime.

I don't know if it's different for different versions, but these never fail for me.

Maybe some others can try this too if they're having any trouble.