PDA

View Full Version : easy way to get gp?

one_winged_angel
07-16-2003, 04:24 PM
I would normally just train an uber chocobo and win it but this time 4 sum reason i went and became king dumbass and sold my chocobo lure (and even more dumbass, only got 1 gil for it)

also; anyone know where i can get chocobo lure materia??

*slaps himself for being a dumbass*
*slaps shopkeeper for only giving him 1 gil*
*slaps yuffie for being annoying*
*slaps Heidigger for existing*
*slaps the world coz hes bored*

Zifnab
07-16-2003, 07:31 PM
GP - At the entrance to Gold Saucer, near the save point, there's a man who appears who will actually sell you GP. The chance of him being there is about 1/60 I think, just buy a Gold Ticket then run in and out of the Gold Saucer entrance until he's there.

Lure - Only two in the game unfortunatly, one at the beginning for 2500 gil (unless you did the save/reload trick or powerlevelled you did buy this) and at the bottom-right corner of the screen on the floor by the chocobo pen (I think you can only get this one once you got the Highwind). If you've lost both of them I think you're pretty screwed.

one_winged_angel
07-17-2003, 03:39 PM
PHEW! I didnt know about the second one so im assuming it will still be there and *reslaps himself for being a dumbass* I knew about that guy...duh! *mutters insults at himself*

thx

§håd0w
07-25-2003, 01:35 AM
quickest way to get gp, and cheapest for that matter, is to race and beat Teioh at the gold saucer. u can trade the item for about 150-300 gp, depending on how rare it is. its the quickest and cheapest. but is very hard, since jack (i think that was his name) has a better chocobo than u (teioh), his endurance is over the max limit, but his speed is only 20 higher than yours. he only goes fast at then end, so either make it across the whole track with all ur endurance, or wait until the end and give a burst a speed. but that only works if u are ahead of him.

one_winged_angel
07-30-2003, 03:52 PM
thx i knew how to beat i just sold my materia so i cudnt catch a chocobo

and btw his name is "Joe"

§håd0w
07-30-2003, 04:25 PM
yeah. i figgured his name out when i went back and replayed, and talked to ester. joe is almost impossible to beat, but ive done it a couple times

Flying Mullet
07-30-2003, 04:27 PM
Hold down the L1, L2, R1 and R2 buttons when you race(although I think you only have to hold down a couple of them, but I can't remember the two specific ones, so this covers it). Your stamina will deplete much slower, or it won't even deplete at all. Now you can sprint the entire race. Good luck!

§håd0w
07-30-2003, 04:29 PM
R1 and R2

one_winged_angel
07-30-2003, 04:57 PM
HEY! guys i alredy sed i no how to race i just lost my lure

§håd0w
07-30-2003, 05:16 PM
then u can only bet on the races... wait, u dont need the lure to race. if u have some chocobos u shouldnt need to catch anymore. if u beat ruby weapon u should have a gold chocobo.

one_winged_angel
08-01-2003, 11:45 PM
hey thats a good point but rubys pretty hard unless you can get either kotr or hp mp swap materia to fund yor final attack&phoenix and anyway one a the guys up top said there was another one in the ranch somewhere ill go check it out when i can be bothered. But right now i feel like ff8..........................NNNOOOOOO, i lent it to my friend and he hasnt given it back yet. Oh well at least my parents left me some beer for over the weekend while theyre on holiday, heh and im only 14 *drinks*

§håd0w
08-02-2003, 05:34 PM
yeah, second disc in the front. theres a purple orb there, 'talk' to it and u will get another chcobo lure. they prlly put it there cuz they knew everyone would've got rid of it after fighting midgar zolom, but its there. have u beaten ruby yet? all u really need is KOTR, Hades, Quadra Magic, W Summon, Mime, and to kill off ur 2 weakest characters. whatever, if havent though... pair quadra magic with hades, then w summon hades (4x) and then KTOR. then mime the process. make sure u kill off 2 before u enter, otherwise ruby will use quicksand (i think) and eliminate ur ppl one by one until one is left.