PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok Esper / Sword *spoilers plz*

Dark Phoenix
07-16-2003, 08:12 PM
Is there any way to obtain the Ragnarok Esper AND Sword w/o using Game Genie?

Chaos Cloud
07-16-2003, 08:22 PM
I'm afraid not, but if you are deciding on which one to take, take the sword. Illumina is worth it, and the items obtainable by the esper can be obtained by other means as well.

Flying Mullet
07-16-2003, 08:58 PM
Apparently you can steal a Ragnorak from one of the final forms of Kefka, but I don't know which one. Yes, The sword is better to get. While the esper Ragnorak teaches you Ultima, you can learn Ultima from the Paladin shield. So this method takes a while longer as you have to uncurse the cursed shield, though it is worth it.

Another question, does anyone know of any good items that you can get through morph if you take the esper?

Heath
07-16-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally when playing through the game I thought I could take the Esper and return later and have the sword forged.

I've took the sword once and the esper once and I've found the esper much better. Especially if you play the PSX version with the load times, uncursing the cursed shield is quite time consuming. At least with the emulator you get the fastforward button.

Dark Phoenix
07-16-2003, 09:16 PM
What is the Cursed Shield and how do I uncurse it?

Flying Mullet
07-16-2003, 09:23 PM
The Cursed Shield can be found in Narshe in the WOR in another of the houses I believe. When you equip it it will give you -7 on every stat and a whole slew of status ailments in battle. But if you equip a ribbon when you have the shield equipped, it will negate all of them except for the death countdown(but it's usually at 60, so you have more than enough time to finish the battle). If you fight 255 battles the Cursed Shield, it will turn into the Paladin Shield(it will tell you in the message bar at the top of the screen after battle). The Paladin Shield will give you great defense and either absorb or block all elemental attacks, plus it teaches you Ultima x1. Hope this helps.

Can a mod mark that this thread has spoilers? I think we're getting a little technical and secret revealing in this thread now

Chaos Cloud
07-16-2003, 10:58 PM
With the esper, you can get additional Genji Gloves and Offerings. Also, the Ragnarok can only be acquired at Narshe. The other sword you are refering to is Excalibur, which can be stolen from the Goddess. It's not very powerful, anyways. Note that multiple Atma Weapons can be stolen from Sleep (the man on the Final Tier of Kefka) but it serves no use since you can't equip it, and throwing it is pretty useless as Shadow should be hitting 9999 with his Shurukiens at that point, anyways.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-17-2003, 01:59 AM
If you fight 255 battles the Cursed Shield, it will turn into the Paladin Shield(it will tell you in the message bar at the top of the screen after battle). The Paladin Shield will give you great defense and either absorb or block all elemental attacks, plus it teaches you Ultima x1. Hope this helps.

actually, you NEED ribbon equipped even to just uncurse it, too....
does anyone know the point of uncursing the Cursed Ring? (can be stolen from something in Kefka's tower or won at colleseum by betting Cursed Shield).

Chaos Cloud
07-17-2003, 02:15 AM
The Cursed Ring is just something that Square put in to mislead you. There's no point. It doesn't become anything. Many rumours have spread around about a "Paladin Ring", but these have been proven false.

-N-
07-17-2003, 04:39 AM
Excalibur is won from the Goddess. Ragnarok is stolen from the "girl head" thing on the 3rd level of Kefka.

Flying Mullet
07-17-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by ForeverZeroUltima
actually, you NEED ribbon equipped even to just uncurse it, too....
I already said that the ribbon helps to uncurse the shield earlier in that same post. It's not required to uncurse the shield but it does help a lot.

Dark Phoenix
07-17-2003, 05:45 PM
While you're all here, I've been trying to find Zozo on the world map. Just where is it?

Flying Mullet
07-17-2003, 06:04 PM
It's on the West-Central part of the world map, both in the WOB and the WOR. If you draw a straight line due south of where Figaro Castle docks when you go to Kohlington(sp?), it'll intersect Zozo, which is nestled in the mountains. If you are going to it in the WOB by foot, you need to walk or ride a chocobo from Jidoor north along the eastern coast, then after a bit you can curve west into the valley that Zozo is in.

Here's the link to the maps here at EOFF:
http://www.eyesonff.com/ff6/maps.shtml

Dark Phoenix
07-17-2003, 07:06 PM
Thanks, you've been a big help. One more question: how do you get Strago and Relm back? I rescued Relm from the Phoenix Cave, but she's still sick...

Chaos Cloud
07-17-2003, 08:53 PM
To get Relm, head to Owzer's mansion in Jidoor. Turn on the lights and examine all the pictures. One of them will open a door after a battle, leading to a dungeon. Get through this dungeon and you'll meet up with Relm, followed by a boss battle and a new magicite.

To get Strago, place Relm in your party and head to the Fanatic's Tower (you may have seen it on your way to Mobliz). Talk to Strago and he'll join you. My memory is a bit vague, so you might have to finish the Fanatic Tower quest before he joins you. I'm not sure.

Dark Phoenix
07-18-2003, 09:52 PM
I tried that and it didn't work. I think you need to have Shadow beforehand, but I accidentaly destroyed him when I jumped down to my airship without him. I don't think there is any way to get Relm, Shadow, or Strago back...

Flying Mullet
07-18-2003, 10:08 PM
If you didn't save Shadow on the floating continent, then he's gone. When you go to the cave in the Veldt, you will find Relm at the end of the cave, then afterwards she will disappear from Thamasa. Then go to Jidoor to get her. If you do save shadow at the floating continent, then you rescue him at the cave on the Veldt, and then when he disappears in Thamasa, you gamble the Striker at the colliseum to get him back and Relm will be at Jidoor as usual.

Dark Phoenix
07-18-2003, 10:12 PM
Yes, I know. It is just that I saved Relm and when I go to the gallery, I look at all of the pictures twice and nothing happens. I don't even have the Moogle Charm on Mog!

Flying Mullet
07-18-2003, 10:14 PM
So I take it you've turned on the light switch in the mansion so that you can walk up the stairs? After that, check the picture in the bottom right corner I think. It should attack you. After that, there should be a door where the picture was. Go through it and Relm will be at the end of the "cave".

Dark Phoenix
07-18-2003, 10:29 PM
Yep. I've just tried again, and it didn't work. The lights are already on when I come in. Maybe that has something to do with it. I looked at a walkthrough, too, and that says:

"Head straight to the north of town and enter Owzer's House. Try to go into the Art Gallery. You are turned back. Read Owzer's Diary and then hit the lamp at the base of the stairs. Now head into the Art Gallery and examine Emperor Gestahl's portrait twice. You will get information on the Phoenix Cave. Now examine the painting directly south of Gestahl's. A battle ensues and after winning, a door is revealed. "

I see no diary, and the lights are on. I have checked the Gestahl Portrait twice before and I did get a note about the Phoenix Cave. I then checked not only the painting below it, but every other one there. I am almost sure it has something to do with Shadow, because of the tie between him and Relm. I wanted Strago in my party, too...

wolfmah
07-18-2003, 10:42 PM
This is in fact strange. The only reason why it don't work is: you didn't visit Relm in her room in Thamasa or you didn't visit "zombie" Strago at the base of Fanatic Tower (don't think it matter too much tho). Anyway, just go do some more quests and after a while, come back to Jidoor to see if the lights are off.

And btw, Shadow has nothing to do with Relm appearance in Jidoor.

Strider
07-18-2003, 11:02 PM
The paintings you're supposed to have fights in are the bouquet of flowers that "almost look alive" and the "picture of an old lady." The old lady opens a door that leads further into the house.

Flying Mullet
07-18-2003, 11:05 PM
And you've rescused Relm from the cave on the Veldt where you fight the two Behemoths, right? That's the first part that you have to do. Then you have to chat with Relm in Thamasa. Then when you go back to Thamasa she should be gone, and that's when you go to Jidoor. I can't think of any other events that you might have to do to unlock that part of the game. But as was mentioned above, go do other side-quests, then come back and see if anything's changed.

Dark Phoenix
07-19-2003, 12:10 AM
After I do some other side quests, if it still doesn't work, I'll attach a freeze state of my game to a message, ok?

Dark Phoenix
07-19-2003, 01:34 AM
I finally got it! I just had to complete Cyan's sidequest. Thanks!

Dark Phoenix
07-19-2003, 01:50 AM
I finally got it! I just had to complete Cyan's sidequest. Thanks!