PDA

View Full Version : Am I Just Hearing Things?

SirenGriever
07-17-2003, 02:13 AM
Ok, before I start. I'm am NOT trying to say that the whole reviving aeris thing is true, nor am I trying to spread rumors, but I am curious about this thing. Ok, I went to go play Tifa's piano and remembering all the "play aeris's theme to revive her" crap, I thought I do it for fun (not that I believe in aeris coming back if you do play her theme). And I came across these notes. It's not the whole song, but it is a portion of it. Now is it just me, or does it sound like aeris's theme to you? Now before you say I'm crazy, try it and then tell me if you think it sounds like her theme. Hootenanny came up with another version of it too.

The Notes Are:

circle+L1, triangle+L1, square+L1, X+L1

circle+L1, triangle+L1, square+L1, X+L1, circle+L1, circle+L1

circle+L1, triangle+L1, square+L1, X+L1

X, square, circle, triangle, square, X

circle, triangle, X, square, X

Fat Hobbit
07-18-2003, 12:54 PM
Actualy I believe the "reviving of aries thing" But thats not how you do it. Theres actual proof of how you do it and instructions.

TheAbominatrix
07-18-2003, 12:57 PM
No, there isnt, and no, it's not possible. Please dont spread these resurrection rumors, it's clearly stated in the FAQ that it isnt possible.

Oh and Siren, I have this thread saved so I can do this once I get to that part of the game again... so I'll tell ya then.

SirenGriever
07-18-2003, 03:18 PM
Actualy I believe the "reviving of aries thing" But thats not how you do it. Theres actual proof of how you do it and instructions.

I'd have to go with TheAbominatrix on this one. There isn't any way to revive aeris, but there are rumors that involve playing her theme played on the piano to revive her. But intil I see some real proof that you can revive her, there isn't anyway i'm falling for those rumors. And i don't mean "gameshark" as proof. So don't try and confuse me more than I already am about this piano business...:Oo:

Big D
07-19-2003, 05:07 AM
Unless you use a Gameshark, there is no way to revive Aeris.

Rumour-mongering won't be tolerated particularly well.:frust:

DaMagicSausage
07-20-2003, 11:17 AM
Well you would think in the 8 to 10 years that this game has been out that this would have been settled quite a long time ago... Lets move on and wait until the remake comes out to fix the bug so we can revive her.

The Shoeless Hobo
07-21-2003, 02:29 AM
A remake or sequel has yet not been confirmed.

Advent Child
07-21-2003, 06:23 AM
i'd say it's pretty much confirmed that they won't make one.

TheAbominatrix
07-21-2003, 06:37 AM
Regardless, the point is Aeris isnt resurrectable in the current version of the game. Even if they make an entire game centered around super zombie Aeris, it wont change the facts of VII. She doesnt come back, stop saying that she does.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-21-2003, 06:46 AM
If to remain on live thou dost wish.

Mo-Nercy
07-21-2003, 07:02 AM
Around 7 years ago, an RPG was released which captivated hearts all around the world before breaking them with the death of Aeris, a character we had all come to know and love. People remained steadfast to the debate of whether or not Aeris could be revived. But in the end, after the smoke cleared and the dust finally settled, the official verdict was -

You still care, it's 2003, get over it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-21-2003, 07:06 AM
I agree. It really makes no difference whether people know what's right, because the subject of the matter is now old. Let's just move on to a new topic, like, I don't know, how the Holocaust never happened.

radyk05
07-21-2003, 07:27 AM
8 to 10 years??? you need math lesons, kid. the game was released 'round 97. we're in 2003. that is 6 years.

SirenGriever
07-21-2003, 11:36 AM
While I know that Aeris cannot be revived, this is beyond my point, but it does make for some 'fun' conversation. But I'm still waiting for anyone to post anything about the piano notes.

HOOTERS
07-21-2003, 02:34 PM
I can play the can can on Tifa's piano if that helps at all.

EDIT: Those notes are from the intro to Aeris' theme but they're a bit jumbled and repeated. It sounds better like this:

Circle +L1, triangle + L1, square + L1, x + L1, square, square, triangle, circle, triangle, square, x, circle, triangle, x, square, x.

SirenGriever
07-21-2003, 05:24 PM
Guess I'll have to try that version then. Yep it does sound better. And as for the can can...well...we'll leave that up to you. ;)

Goddess Shiva
07-22-2003, 12:05 AM
Interesting...

I don't think she can be revived, either. =/

Deandre
07-23-2003, 11:10 PM
DAMN YOU PEOPLE WITH YOUR ANNOYING ZACK/AERIS RUMOURS!!!!!

SirenGriever
07-24-2003, 12:19 AM
Alright, from now on, i'd like this topic to be JUST on the piano notes. Nothing else, nothing about aeris being revived...nothing about anything that isn't true about FF7...read this>>NOTHING BUT THE PIANO NOTES!:D Thanks you! And if you would like to discuss about the whole revival matter, there are other topics I'm sure that deal about it...but I must tell you that you are wasting your time with aeris...SHE'S NOT COMING BACK! SO STOP TRYING TO COME UP WITH LAME EXCUSES TO SAY THAT SHE CAN COME BACK. Everyone is sick of it by now...*sigh* now that that's outta the way...Onto a light note: Try the notes and post your opinion here! Thank You! And I didn't mean to bit off anyone's head or anything, just a little fed up with people boo-hooing that aeris can come back...:D

Big D
07-24-2003, 12:21 AM
What I'd like to know is, does the broken piano in the Shinra Mansion have anything to do with anything, other than being mentioned in the 'Find Vincent' sub-quest?

SirenGriever
07-24-2003, 12:23 AM
Hm, not sure. I've restarted the game so, when I get to that part I'll let ya know!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-24-2003, 05:02 AM
No, it doesn't.

Big D
07-24-2003, 05:34 AM
Thought so.
Because of the broken keys, it's virtually impossible to play anything on it anyway.