PDA

View Full Version : Rinoa + Quistis = Catfight?!

Fuzakeru
07-17-2003, 10:23 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this ( or if I'm just imagining things. )

In the beginning of the game I felt some extreme tension between the two. Even before the whole Rinoa - Squall romance thing finally bloomed. *Laughs* Quistis totally bashed her 'specially right before the parade. *Hugs Quistis* She's soooo great! ^^;

Did anyone else think it was funny? ( or am I just odd? )

BorIzEE27
07-17-2003, 11:11 PM
Quistis totally bashed her 'specially right before the parade she did? how?

~*Crystal*~
07-17-2003, 11:15 PM
Totally! If I were a guy, I'd have gone for Quistis for sure! She kicks ass!

zacks_clone
07-18-2003, 02:54 AM
I always thought Quistis kinda loathed Rinoa.Always seemed rather cold twords her

Big D
07-18-2003, 03:20 AM
Quistis cared about Squall for a long time. She even thought she might be in love with him. That's a pretty big deal. She was understandably upset when an anonymous flirty stranger - Rinoa - simply came along and stole his heart almost as soon as Squall met her. She says, at one point, that she 'almost gave up' on her feelings for him. Losing any hope of a deeper relationship with Squall probably affected her quite profoundly.
Squall, of course, was either too ignorant or too uncaring to show her any kind of sympathy, compassion or friendship; but he still expected to get that reaction from everyone else each time he got upset about Rinoa.

This is shown at its finest if you choose to send Rinoa and Zell to the Missile Base with Selphie. Back at the Garden, Squall tries to go crying to Quistis. She tells him to 'go talk to a wall'.Quite good payback, in my opinion. I love that scene.

Misfit
07-18-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by LadySteph
Did anyone else think it was funny? ( or am I just odd? )
I didn't find it funny. *doesn't like Quistis* For some reason, Quistis is the ONLY final fantasy character that I really didn't like. *shrug*

ShivaBlizzard8
07-18-2003, 05:50 PM
Quistis totally bashed her 'specially right before the parade
This is true, but she also felt bad about it and went back to apologize for letting her feelings get the best of her. That's how Quistis and company got locked in the mansion and had to go through the sewer system.

remi07
07-19-2003, 04:29 AM
I thought it was great when Quistis fussed at Rinoa. But then I got mad Quistis because she just HAD to leave her place before the parade to apologize to Rinoa, which ended up having all 3 of them locked in the room.

BorIzEE27
07-19-2003, 06:16 AM
Quistis has to be an idiot for doing that.....

Rand Al'Tor
07-19-2003, 12:20 PM
True, in a way, Quistis just lets her feelings get the best of her 'AGAIN' After all, there'd be nothing wrong waiting till AFTER the superimportant assassination to apoligise to her.

*sigh*

Poor Zell, he was the one with the right idea and he was more or less ignored.

Also, I think her outburst against Rinoa has more to do with her amateurism then any jealousy regarding Squall. I know I wouldm't be terribly pleased if I had a hard assassination mission and someone would sudenly decide to bring up a last minute scheme. Rinoa IS a sweet girl, and she's got a brain between her ears, but the Forrest Owls were NOT exactly 'professional' (it's a testament to Rinoa's cleverness that they got ANYTHING done IMHO) But cleverness isn't enough. Frankly, I can understand Quistis would be pissed.

SirenGriever
07-23-2003, 06:56 PM
i found it somewhat funny right before the assassination if that's what you mean. I believe it went something like this :D :

Rinoa
"Take a look at this!!!"
"This is called an Odine Bangle. I found it in that man's room."

Zell
"Odine!?"

Selphie
"Whatcha gonna do with it?"

Rinoa
"It's supposed to suppress the sorceress' powers."
"But, its effects are still unknown. So I don't think they're going to use it for this mission."

Zell
"If it's Odine brand, it should be pretty effective!"
"They're NO.1 when it comes to magical goods."

Rinoa
"Right! Right!"

Quistis
"So what exactly do you want to do with it!? Are you planning to have the sorceress put it on!?"
"Who?"
"When?"
"How?"

Rinoa
"That's what we're going to discuss!"

Quistis
"We don't have time for this."
"Squall and Irvine are already standing by. We have an operation to carry out, too."
"You understand, don't you?"
"This isn't a father-daughter quarrel. This isn't a game."

Imperia
07-24-2003, 12:58 AM
I always thought Quistis saw Rinoa as a naive, little child (which Rinoa is, in my opinion), and she didn't want Rinoa to get herself in trouble. I'm the kind of person who can stand ditzy, childish, flirty, airheads, so... I can understand how Quistis felt.

"This isn't a father-daughter quarrel. This isn't a game!"

Go Quistis! Punish that out-of-control brat!:D

Magai
07-24-2003, 04:55 AM
I senesd a little dislikeyness from Quistis about Rinoa, but It doesn't matter Quistis is a much better character than Rinoa and She'd bust her ass in a fight.

§håd0w
08-10-2003, 12:37 AM
i personally thought rinoa was sorta sluty. but thats just my view on her. well maybe thats not the best term to use, but i didnt like rinoa at all. squall eould have been better off with quistis... but she was his instructor, so that would be kinda... odd. but there wasnt a big difference in age, they all grew up together (with the exception of rinoa) so i thought quistis would have been much better off with squall than rinoa. besides, rinoa got to be pretty annoying at times. thats why i sent her to the missile base. i got a kick out of seeing the base explode with her in it.

Beatrice
08-10-2003, 02:03 AM
I think overall, Quistis probably felt useless because she couldn't do the one thing for Squall that she wanted too. She wanted to open him up, she had worked for years to get inside his head (and no doubt his pants) and understand him. And then Rinoa comes into the scene and with very little work turns Squall's world upside down. How would that make you feel?

I don't think that Squall and Quistis would be a good match. First of all, they are too much alike. They both have a hard time being personal and getting close to people. Quistis hides her insecurities by her professional attitude, while Squall is just cold and distant. I think that Quistis' love for Squall was more of an infatuation. He was something she could not have, and so she wanted him all the more. He was an enigma, and she wanted to solve him.

Quisty is not a bad person, but she is not my favorite. I've always felt...threatened by her. *laughs* Isn't that wacky.

I like what Rand Al'Tor said. ^,^

ShadyMilkman
08-22-2003, 02:45 AM
All I know is that Rinoa better be glad that Quistis didn't really go off on her. She would kill Rinoa. Tear her into perfectly square bitesize pieces that melt in your mouth and not in your hand. Not to mention, Quistis has the best body of any FF Female ever. And Rinoa reeeeeally killed her image with that black shorts-jumpsuit thingy. It was ehhh, well.... if they wanted her to be the love interest, she should have at least looked the part.