PDA

View Full Version : The Paladin Ring

THE Gamer
07-18-2003, 12:10 AM
I beleive I have found the Paladin Ring. My Version of FFVI is the SNES release (FFIII in America) and was released in 1994. I was lucky to come past an original recently at a flea market and have played the game about FIVE times. I found just now that if you wager the Cursed Shield at the coleseum you can fight for a Cursed Ring...interesting...VERY interesting. I have yet to uncurse it but I strongly believe that it is the Paladin Ring.

Flying Mullet
07-18-2003, 12:18 AM
The Cursed Ring CANNOT be turned into the Paladin Ring. The Paladin Ring does not exist, no matter what version of the game you own. It never existed, much likeAeris cannot be revived. It's another rumor that has spread across the internet. Because the Cursed Shield can be turned into the Paladin Shield, people assume that the same is true for the Cursed Ring, when it is not.

Chaos Cloud
07-18-2003, 12:29 AM
To further prove this rumor wrong, take any sort of hex editor (Gameshark, Gamegenie) and look up all the item values. The maximum is 255. Now take into account all the items in the game, each representing 1 of the 255 values. You come to a total of 255. What does this mean? It means that there is no room in the cartridge/CD for the Paladin Ring, nor any "Gamma Sword" (another rumor flying around).

Flying Mullet
07-18-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Chaos Cloud
To further prove this rumor wrong, take any sort of hex editor (Gameshark, Gamegenie) and look up all the item values. The maximum is 255. Now take into account all the items in the game, each representing 1 of the 255 values. You come to a total of 255. What does this mean? It means that there is no room in the cartridge for the Paladin Ring, nor any "Gamma Sword" (another rumor flying around).

Agreed. And to further prove that the above method mentioned will show all items, if you do the above mentioned method on enemies, you will see that there is a "Czar Dragon"(I believe that's the name) that is a super boss that never made it into the game.

I also know that the Paladin Ring never exists because I recieved the original load of the cartridge back when FFVI was first release on SNES for Christmas, and after finding out about the Paladin Shield, I decied to try the Cursed Ring by equipping both on a character. The end result, I got a Paladin Shield after 255 battles but the Cursed Ring was still that, cursed.

Chaos Cloud
07-18-2003, 12:35 AM
Heh. I remember hacking the Czar Dragon battle so it was actually playable. He was rather easy though. He only had around 40 000 HP if I remember correctly.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-19-2003, 07:40 AM
I seem to recall that on the original game, just to see what would happen, I bet the cursed ring at the colluseum, and kept betting. Eventually, I got the air anchor.

TheAbominatrix
07-19-2003, 07:44 AM
I have the cursed ring equiped on one of my characters on my rom, just for fun. And it's been on for far more than 255 battles, and nothing has nor ever well change. It's a shame, though.

robfinalfantasy
07-23-2003, 08:16 PM
I was never able to uncurse my Cursed Ring. I surpassed the255 battles required and I also had the ribbon equipped. I heard it becomes a Hero Ring so I don't care much for uncursing now.

m4tt
07-23-2003, 08:51 PM
Rumors are silly.