PDA

View Full Version : Seph vs Kuja ( please vote)

OneWingedAngel
07-18-2003, 12:20 AM
Vote for who you think is the best?

Kijuna
07-18-2003, 12:39 AM
*bite* Kuja!

PhoenixAsh
07-18-2003, 01:15 AM
Kuja. Sephiroth was nothing, a puppet.

Jenova whoops Kuja into oblivion though.

zacks_clone
07-18-2003, 01:45 AM
Sephiroth.Kuja was just a 'puppet' aswell.

PhoenixAsh
07-18-2003, 09:03 PM
True, but not even close to the same extent.

Kijuna from the inn
07-19-2003, 04:38 AM
He was at the beginning, but later on, he kills Garland, his so-called "master" Not to mention that he doesn't need Jenova to be anything. >>

Cz
07-19-2003, 01:20 PM
In a fight, Sephiroth would use Supernova, and Kuja would die before the animation was half-complete.

In terms of general coolness...Kuja. His theme music makes up for his feminine looks.

Hedgy
07-19-2003, 09:40 PM
Sephiroth would win, he just seems more ruthless.

xßµññ¥-¢håñ
07-19-2003, 11:41 PM
Sephiroth. Kuja was acting all nice toward the end. It's a hard choice...think of it this way, would Zidane ever beat Sephiroth??

Mo-Nercy
07-20-2003, 05:57 AM
If we put Sephiroth's strongest form vs. Kuja's strongest form. Sephiroth would most definately win since Kuja's only attack that's even close to being good is Ultima, which kills Kuja as well. :S

'm still not sure what Sephiroth's strongest form was. One Winged Angel or Kingdom Hearts *shudders*

I vote Kuja though. He has a personality

Cz
07-20-2003, 10:24 AM
Kuja's Ultima attack doesn't actually kill Kuja as well. At the end of disc 3, Kuja uses Ultima multiple times to destroy Terra, and doesn't affect himself at all.

But yeah, Sephiroth would kick Kuja's ass in a real fight.

Kijuna
07-20-2003, 09:58 PM
Kuja's winning! I love you guys!

Deandre
07-21-2003, 06:28 PM
I vote sephiroth.
Kuja is a travestite.

Misfit
07-21-2003, 07:56 PM
Kuja. *votes* He wears thongs. xD

Deandre
07-21-2003, 08:12 PM
My point exactly...

Rude
07-21-2003, 10:35 PM
What's wrong with Kuja wearing scantly clad underclothing. If you ask me, that attire adds to the already twisted and unique personality that he possesses. The mystique around his evilness is greater than Sephiroths' as well. *votes accordingly*

Misfit
07-21-2003, 10:39 PM
Nothing is wrong with it, I liked it. o_O

§håd0w
07-22-2003, 01:13 AM
judging by my avatar, screen name, and signature. i think we know who would win

ChibiInuYasha
07-22-2003, 06:53 AM
I'm not sure...Their magic power seems about equal. Well maybe Kuja has more powerful magic but I think one swing of the masamune and Kuja would be finished. ::imagines Kuja beaten on the ground "Oh! Oh My! I broke a nail!!":: XD

Deandre
07-22-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by ChibInuYasha
I'm not sure...Their magic power seems about equal. Well maybe Kuja has more powerful magic but I think one swing of the masamune and Kuja would be finished. ::imagines Kuja beaten on the ground "Oh! Oh My! I broke a nail!!":: XD

:D XL

Imagine your FF7 party against Trance Kuja and your FF9 party against Bizarro or Seraph Sephiroth (or Safer sephiroth, whatever you prefer)...

What'd be the easier win? :D

Cz
07-22-2003, 06:36 PM
That's an unfair comparison, since FFVII's materia system allows you to level each of your characters to the point of demi-gods, whereas FFIX has a sensible system that makes each character unique. Since it's impossible to have every FFIX character summon Ark (The equivalent of Knight of the Round) multiple times each turn, it's pretty obvious that the FFVII crew have a massive advantage.

Deandre
07-22-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Black Mage 121
That's an unfair comparison, since FFVII's materia system allows you to level each of your characters to the point of demi-gods, whereas FFIX has a sensible system that makes each character unique. Since it's impossible to have every FFIX character summon Ark (The equivalent of Knight of the Round) multiple times each turn, it's pretty obvious that the FFVII crew have a massive advantage.

So? :D

Basically it means that the VII guys are stronger than the IX, right?

Aya Nekoneko
07-23-2003, 01:41 AM
Sephiroth. I just liked him more than Kuja (although I liked Kuja as well... at least he reformed or so to say).

And he's just so... bad.

Cz
07-23-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Deandre
So? :D

Basically it means that the VII guys are stronger than the IX, right?

Actually, it means that FFVII's ability system is grossly overpowered compared to IX's. The characters themselves have nothing to do with it.

Deandre
07-23-2003, 05:15 PM
The characters themselves have nothing to do with it.

Well, the 'grossly overpowered system' is the reason why the characters are so strong :D

Cz
07-23-2003, 06:35 PM
Yup. I agree. That's why it's an unfair comparison. If the FFIX crew had access to a similar system, they'd be equally powerful. But as it is, they have a weaker system, and so have weaker enemies to balance it out. Therefore, Kuja isn't statistically as strong as Sephiroth, for the sake of the game.

Kijuna
07-23-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Deandre
Kuja is a travestite.

Is not. There are 2 reasons he dresses like that. (MASSIVE SPOILERS) At the end of Disc 3, Garland says the Kuja rejects his own idendity. (END SPOILERS) The eyeshadow and thong are to prove that. The armor covers up his shoulders, but nothing more, because it would make it hard to move. The eyeshadow might also be because he was the first Genome to recieve an experimental soul. Who knows what kind of physical side effects that could have? The thong? Again. Freedom of movement. All Alexandrian soldiers wear them. And Blank. Nobody calls them transvestites. He only wears those boots for protection. He doesn't need to walk, so he chooses boots that are light but still protective. He moves on his Silver Dragon. Who needs huge-ass boots. It's east. Kuja is a sorcerer, not a warrior. The sleeve thingamabobs help with his grace and the sorcery. Sorcer requires massive hand movement. The "half dress" thingy was to hide his tail.

Ooh, that wasn't bad for a first time.

Deandre
07-23-2003, 10:55 PM
Hahahaha, brilliant :D

But I still think he looks like a travestite, no matter what the reason :p

§håd0w
07-23-2003, 11:13 PM
haha. fair enough. thats always a reason why not to like someone.

Deandre
07-23-2003, 11:14 PM
I've got nothing against travestites, but I just thing it isn't cool... :p

§håd0w
07-23-2003, 11:36 PM
lol. fair enough

Radje
07-25-2003, 04:06 PM
Wait, only the FEMALE Alexandrian soldiers wore thongs <.< Not that iw as looking

Inuyasha23
07-26-2003, 02:33 PM
Alright are we talking the Sephiroth puppet or the one that was nearly killed the beggining of the game?? the puppet possesed all of sephiroths strength and (LOOK OUT! SPOILER!!!) Cloud And the real Sphiroth do duke it out at the end of the game.

I think anyone who is still sane(is there anyone on this site sane??) would agree that Sephiroth is that all time badass.

(would you like to be up a against a ten foot sword? then vote for the best, Sephiroth.)

PhoenixAsh
07-26-2003, 07:31 PM
Before he was a puppet, Cloud whooped him. While he was a puppet, Cloud whooped him. While he was joined to Jenova with almost her entire power, Cloud whooped him. After he was a puppet, Cloud SEVERELY whooped him.

Puppets aren't badass nomatter how much black they wear.

Blathnaid
07-26-2003, 08:55 PM
Hmm...

I can't decide. Both were cool.

Deandre
07-26-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by PhoenixAsh
Before he was a puppet, Cloud whooped him. While he was a puppet, Cloud whooped him. While he was joined to Jenova with almost her entire power, Cloud whooped him. After he was a puppet, Cloud SEVERELY whooped him.

Puppets aren't badass nomatter how much black they wear.

Before he was a puppet, Cloud did 10 hp damage and Sephiroth did over 3200. :D

PhoenixAsh
07-26-2003, 09:03 PM
3200 sucks. Cloud was still a rookie back then. Even so, with a massive injury and unarmed, Cloud still managed to nearly kill Sephiroth escaping relatively unharmed.

Deandre
07-26-2003, 09:05 PM
3200 sucks. Cloud was still a rookie back then. Even so, with a massive injury and unarmed, Cloud still managed to nearly kill Sephiroth escaping relatively unharmed.

But still it wasn't exactly skill that got Cloud to beat Sephiroth, it was pure willpower.

§håd0w
07-26-2003, 09:11 PM
wow. this topic went to hell real quick. (sorry if that offends anyone... but its true)

PhoenixAsh
07-26-2003, 09:11 PM
No, but the willpower of an injured, unarmed rookie, took out a fully trained Jenova enhanced armed lunatic.

Deandre
07-27-2003, 10:49 AM
No, but the willpower of an injured, unarmed rookie, took out a fully trained Jenova enhanced armed lunatic.

But it was only willpower, and Sephiroth was (as you said lunatic, and) confused...
In a normal battle, Sephiroth would've kicked Cloud's ass.

Whoop whoop :D

Rand Al'Tor
07-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Not to mention Cloud HAD already gotten in a backstab at a very distracted Sephiroth, and Sephiroth got perhaps a bit cocky in his insanity.

Also, I heard somewhere that the original idea was for Kuja to be a female, but they decided the European and American markets weren't ready for that yet and adapted matters clsoe to the end. Anyone can confirm/deny this?

Also... hmm... Kuja or Seph... a hard one, but Kuja has the greater style.

PhoenixAsh
07-27-2003, 09:20 PM
Sephiroth and Cloud were both high on adrenhaline, Cloud won. His will was stronger.

So with the exception of Sephiroth being beaten whilst his injured, unarmed opponent had a possible slightly higher adrenhaline boost five years ago. What did he do that was so good?

Kijuna
07-27-2003, 11:27 PM
This post is filled with spoilers. Don't like them, go away.

The many deaths of Sephiroth:
Nibelhiem reactor in the flashback, Cloud beat the shit out of him. as a little Lv. 1 dude.

Bizarro Sephiroth/Safer Sephiroth, you beat him, he takes you with to the lifestream.

Lifestream, you beat him then. He really died.

The many deaths of Kuja.
Disc 3 battle, you can't win that battle. You just fuel his Trance gauge.

Way end, you beat him.
Status: False If you look close in the ending FMV with Dagger pushing everyone out of the way, you can see Kuja, no mistaking it.

Azulu
08-04-2003, 05:10 AM
Sephiroth!

He could wipe out Kuja so fast...:eek: plz don't hate ne ppl:eek:

Outsider
08-05-2003, 06:36 AM
How can Kuja be compared to Sephiroth?

Sephiroth is one of the best FF villains, second only to Kefka.

And Kuja... Uh... He looks like a girl.

Kijuna
08-05-2003, 08:22 PM
Read essay on page 1.

Flare_Star
08-12-2003, 06:09 PM
(SPOILER) ultima only hurt kuja because you had just whipped his ass and was gonna die any way (END SPOILER)

zacks_clone
08-13-2003, 03:59 AM
they both rocked...

looks: Gee,i thought Kuja was a girl...But,i guess I like pretty men.After awhile,it was like 'dude!SHOW HIM IN FMV SCEANS!HES PRETTY!:: drools::' with sephiroth...well,he was pretty good looking too.

then,strength...

Kuja wasnt nearly as strong as his trance showed him to be.Sephiroth woulda whiped him out.and probly could have.

§håd0w
08-15-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Flare_Star
(SPOILER) ultima only hurt kuja because you had just whipped his ass and was gonna die any way (END SPOILER)

[.spoiler] ________ [/spoiler] but without the period in the first bracket

Originally posted by zacks_clone
Kuja wasnt nearly as strong as his trance showed him to be.Sephiroth woulda whiped him out.and probly could have.

sephiroth would impale him

muchacho
08-15-2003, 03:38 AM
spamspamspam

anyway i say sephiroth could rape kuja anyday any time.

18Darkdragon
08-15-2003, 06:42 AM
whos Kuja?

Andrea
08-15-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by 18Darkdragon
whos Kuja?

If you've played FFIX, you shoud know.

As for who do I like better? I vote Kuja, I never did care for Sephiroth, mainly because the character has blinded (nurmous) fanboys, and the fact that if we were to compare both these characters, we'd (usually) hear somethine like this ....

''sEphIrOth rOcks bEcause OF hIs coOL lOoKing swoRD, kUja suxr0z.

If Kuja looks like a girl, so what? Honestly, we all do respect, that's a pretty lame reason to say you hate a character. It's rather amazing, because the people who rant out about this, are the same ones who judge villans by the ''coolness'' factor (as in their outfit, abilites, the game they come from, etc ..) , or compare to the God-like Sephiroth.

Outsider
08-15-2003, 06:29 PM
How will I respect a villain when he looks like a drag queen?!? And Kuja didn't have much charisma, I dunno, it's like he is missing something....

§håd0w
08-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by muchacho marc
spamspamspam

havent seen any of it yet. so i dunno what ur talking about bro

18Darkdragon
08-16-2003, 04:22 AM
As for who do I like better? I vote Kuja, I never did care for Sephiroth, mainly because the character has blinded (nurmous) fanboys, and the fact that if we were to compare both these characters, we'd (usually) hear somethine like this ....

''sEphIrOth rOcks bEcause OF hIs coOL lOoKing swoRD, kUja suxr0z.

If Kuja looks like a girl, so what? Honestly, we all do respect, that's a pretty lame reason to say you hate a character. It's rather amazing, because the people who rant out about this, are the same ones who judge villans by the ''coolness'' factor (as in their outfit, abilites, the game they come from, etc ..) , or compare to the God-like Sephiroth.[/COLOR] [/QUOTE]

o now i remeber yea he does look more like a girl
but if i would but Kuja in the magic catagorie and seph in the cult/fighter catagorie

Andrea
08-16-2003, 02:38 PM
^
THANK YOU!

Outsider
08-16-2003, 05:28 PM
Hey, now you're missing the point... My all-time favorite villain is Kefka, and looks are not his strong point. C'momn, the guy is dressed up like a clown, but he has charisma, great lines, and he is a cruel evil man, who delights to see othes suffering.

I'm not saying that I don't like Kuja only because he looks like a girl... He lacks charisma, he doesn't have a great style, or great lines... Things that made the great bad guys before him (Golbez, Kefka and Sephiroth) so... great!

But look at the bright side... At least he's better than Ultimecia.

§håd0w
08-16-2003, 05:44 PM
but u gotta admit. any guy who has the balls to wear a revealing thong in public, deserves to have repsect man

muchacho
08-16-2003, 05:51 PM
or a punch in the face

Freya Coral
08-18-2003, 07:46 AM
Ahh, the battle of the sexy silver-haired villains... ::drool:: It's a pretty close call, but I think Sephiroth would smite Kuja.

[just looking for an excuse to use the word 'smite'...:D ]

Hikaru
09-04-2003, 01:36 AM
Sephiroth total hands down woohoo!That cool sword of his and he's very evil...which is cool.Hmmm, i don't like Kujie that much though but he's okay:p .

Inuyasha23
09-04-2003, 01:48 AM
please!!!!!!! this isnt even a contest

Sephiroth will kill anyone in his way. kuja was a big wimp

§håd0w
09-04-2003, 01:49 AM
But Kuja was sexy. He gets bonus points for that though

Deandre
09-05-2003, 08:15 PM
Doesn't matter.
While Kuja is busy casting spells Sephiroth has all the time in the world to cut Kuja's balls off :D

Ashley2
09-07-2003, 09:14 PM
I prefere Kuja.Kuja 100% + Sephiroth 100% but....Kuja is better

zacks_clone
09-07-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by masamune1287
But Kuja was sexy. He gets bonus points for that though

so was sephiroth:D

§håd0w
09-07-2003, 10:52 PM
Kuja was sexy in his own way. Sephiroth was too. But I'm still not sure who would win at the end (as far as looks go)