PDA

View Full Version : Leon...(KH and FFVIII Spoilers maybe)

remi07
07-19-2003, 05:08 AM
On one of the threads on this FF8 section there was comment someone made on Squall's behavior in KH. It really started to make me wonder about this. In KH Squall, er, Leon is more talkative and friendlier then he is in Final FantasyVIII. Why do you think this is? Maybe him being sucked through the Heartless thing change the way he is?

TheAbominatrix
07-19-2003, 05:17 AM
Well I think it might have something to do with Rinoa. There is no Rinoa in the game, she's not shown or mentioned... but Leon does have a red print of Rinoa's wing designs on his back. Maybe that's the way of showing that Rinoa does exist in his world, and that was a tribute to her? Maybe she was killed by the Heartless... though he didnt seem to broken up about it. I dunno.

Big D
07-19-2003, 02:19 PM
From what I've heard about KH's representations of FF characters, it's probably best to avoid taking them too seriously or literally.

For instance, I've never understood why Squall would be so ashamed of his (rather cool) name thathe'd change it. After all, 'Squall' was given to him by Raine, his mother; the name was a gift from a great woman, and its also a nice link to her. Why would he want to get rid of it?

PhoenixAsh
07-19-2003, 02:24 PM
I admit this is probably the only forum this fit's into (maybe gen FF), but shouldn't that title have KH Spoilers in it, I reckon a large number of people who've played VIII still won't have played KH, including apparently half the people who've posted so far.

remi07
07-19-2003, 03:26 PM
Sorry about that. I just overlooked it. Maybe one of the staff could move it to General FF?
Well, Squall said he wouldn't use his real name intill the all the worlds were restored.(Spoiler)He was obviously embarrassed because he couldn't stop the heartless from taking over his world, and some 14 year old boy was chosen by the keyblade instead of him.

Big D
07-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Nah, this thread's predominatly about Squall, so for now it'll stay here. I'll alter that title, though...

PhoenixAsh
07-20-2003, 08:38 PM
Thanks D.

zacks_clone
07-20-2003, 10:55 PM
I thought he was more talkative twords the end of final fantasy 8 then in Kingdom Hearts.He seemed to be the cold guy he was at the beging of 8

Aya Nekoneko
07-22-2003, 03:13 AM
I always thought that Kingdom Hearts was like a parallel world of sorts that really have nothing to do with each other-series character besides their looks and I guess for the most part, name.

So yea... why wouldn't Squall (or... er, Leon?) act differently? o.O;;;

FFboy4ever
07-23-2003, 06:56 PM
I think that becuase toward the end of ff8 squalls' attutude changed to the attuide to leon so square went with that type of attutude....but...thats just my guess

Evelia
07-23-2003, 10:14 PM
Why would he want to get rid of it?

I thought he changed his name because he was ashamed that he couldn't stop the Heartless.

And, yeah, the FF characters in KH were just cameos. They didn't really play a big part in the plot, so the "character development" they get is very... small. I think it was a marketing technique. That's definitely why I bought it.

Beatrice
08-05-2003, 08:41 AM
Mwa, it's the attack of the old threads. >D *laughs* Just kidding. Anyway.

I agree with Evelia. The FF characters were just cameos. As much as I'd like to think that Leon was the real Squall, it just doesn't add up. How do explain Selphie? And Hollow Bastion?

Leon is quite broody, however. He's so cute when he's all pouty with his arms folded and such~ *purrs*

ivory
08-26-2003, 06:37 AM
leon is the way he is becuz he's a mix between laguna and squall. see the resemblance? (did i spell that right?)
I have one more comment to make about leon..........he is soooooooooooooo fine!:love:

Vermachtnis
08-26-2003, 10:29 PM
What I think really screwed him up was jumping out of the escape pod in mid space. It can't be to healthy to jump out of something of 100s of miles of hours and jumping into Zero Gravity.

ShivaBlizzard8
08-26-2003, 10:58 PM
What I think really screwed him up was jumping out of the escape pod in mid space. It can't be to healthy to jump out of something of 100s of miles of hours and jumping into Zero Gravity.
Since he had a space suit on, why not? Astronauts currently do that kind of thing all the time. When they go on spacewalks outside of the shuttlecraft to perform repairs on say, the Hubble Space Telescope, neither craft stops moving - they keep going at thousands of miles per hour. If they stopped moving foreward, the gravity of Earth would suck them in and they would crash. As long as their spacesuits are in working order, being outside in the middle of space won't hurt them. Finally, zero G never hurt anyone in the short term - maybe Squall's nose would get a little stuffed since all the fluids in his body would rise into his head, but meh. ;) His move was risky, sure, because he had no way of getting back, but spacewalking? We've been doing that since the 1960's.

In any case, I've never really thought of Leon as Squall at all, just because it seems to me that the world of KH is completely unrelated in the world of FF8 or any others for that matter. Just Aeris' presence proves that. :)