PDA

View Full Version : Water and holy aeon

§håd0w
07-19-2003, 08:14 PM
what i dont get... is why there wasnt a water aeon? they had a wind type, but there was no wind magic. but they had 3 forms of water magic, and no water aeon. It was the same way with holy. there was holy magic, but no holy aeon like in 7. why is that? what do u all think

XeQtR
07-19-2003, 10:42 PM
Maybe it's too drastic to have a water aeon, considering that the whole place would have to be flooded to get it over there :p

I also missed a water aeon (or at least more aeons), but i think it would be hard for square to make it in a way that would seem at least a little correct.

Which summon from ff7 was holy? I can't remember, too long time since i played :D

However, there are non-elemental aeons too, so maybe the water aeon isn't needed?

Evil_Cloud
07-19-2003, 11:07 PM
I dont consider Valefor to be a wind elemental Aeon, aside from its Sonic Wings attack, there is no evidence to lead u to belive that Valefor is a wind Aeon. So he can fly, big deal, so can Bahamut.

§håd0w
07-19-2003, 11:30 PM
alexander was the holy summon... for xeqtr. and for evil cloud... valefor was a frickin bird dude. i think thats enough to prove that its wind, considering only birds fly.

Evil_Cloud
07-19-2003, 11:56 PM
So....Bahamut can fly, The Magus Sisters can fly, doesnt make them Wind Aeons.

XeQtR
07-20-2003, 12:23 AM
Well, since there is wind magic and summons/aeons in the others, you might compare valefor to the other wind things, but it's true that it doesn't say it's a wind aeon. However, if there would be a wind magic in the game, it's no doubt which aeon who would have it pre-learned :p

Evil_Cloud
07-20-2003, 01:07 AM
I'll agree with ya on that one, XeQtR.

Vermachtnis
07-20-2003, 03:29 AM
I agree with XeQtR too, and also I wanna why, too, they didn't have a water Aeon. I mean Levatian would have made since in Spira. If not a summon then a boss in Omega or something.

§håd0w
07-20-2003, 03:21 PM
ok. maybe wind aeon wasnt the exact term i was lookin for. but the magus sisters or bahamut wouldnt come close to being wind type, just considerin bahamut has always been non elemental, and the magus sisters are basically bugs that know every element

Cz
07-20-2003, 03:37 PM
Oh, I'm sure had there been wind and water aeons they would have screwed them up. Y'know, put giant wheels on their backs, given them fire spells and so forth.

For a game that totally revamped the summon system, I was really surprised at the lack of summons in FFX. It would have been nice to have a water aeon, especially since water become a prominent element for the first time in FFX.

§håd0w
07-20-2003, 03:55 PM
yeah. thats what i dont get, is why they gave ifrit nulblaze, ixion nulshock and shiva nulfrost. considering they absorb those elements, why the hell would u want to nulify them?