PDA

View Full Version : I can't steal the fairy flute from Hillgigars... pleas help

Atma Weapon
07-20-2003, 07:05 AM
I can't steal the fairy flute from Hilgigars, Zidane's at level 23, has 29 speed, and has bandit equiped. So far I've attempted to steal about 200-250 times (VERY conservative estimate, the real number's probally closer to 400) and I always get the unable to steal message. I can't raise my speed any higher, and I don't know what else to do. Please help as soon as possible.

m4tt
07-20-2003, 07:09 AM
Well.. you could just wait until Oeilvert and buy one there. :D? Is it really important to have right now?

Atma Weapon
07-20-2003, 07:17 AM
Yes, I am very very stubborn and I refuse to progress in the game until I have stolen it. I have beaten the game twice before and both times I have stolen every item from every boss. I find it ridiculous and frusterating that I am having so much trouble this time. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: Thanks for the advice, but it goes against my stubborn nature.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-20-2003, 08:41 AM
Heh, you're the same as me. Gotta get everything you can at the very first opportunity, right? It's good stuff, but you have to let this one go. The Fairy Flute is prettymuch the most difficult item to steal in the entire game; you have virtually no chance of ever getting it from Hill Gigas. So, just move on.

Master.Pug
07-20-2003, 12:11 PM
hey, I just leveled up to 45 until I went to the outer continent ;)

(its soo easy to beast some green dragons near gizarmaluke's place ;) )

I had no probs to steal from him... maybe you just should level up a bit, but it'll take some time to do so now...

PS: I'm just as stubborn as you are ;)
I have stolen every item from every boss, too!
even from Ozma ;)
(a second Moonstone & especially a third pumice peace;))
EDIT: um... I wanted to say that its easy to beat green dragons...
beast...:rolleyes2

Atma Weapon
07-21-2003, 05:22 AM
I finally decided to move on without my precious item. I did get my revenge though;), I got him down to about 200 HP with silence and slow and then had Vivi focus an ungodly amount of times and hit him for like 7000 damage. Still wasn't enough though, i mean Hilgigars personifies every thing wrong about FF character design. Even if it didn't have such an impossible steal i'd still hate it.:mad2: :mad2: ;)