PDA

View Full Version : Cid & Baku

Reina
07-20-2003, 12:23 PM
Does anybody know what the connection between these two is? Cid says they 'go way back' but doesn't say why. Plus there's that statue of Baku at Hunters' Gate.

Got a copule of suspicsions as to what the connection may be, but no proof- does anybody know? I don't remember seeiing anything on any of teh games I've played...

Bahamut2000X
07-20-2003, 01:39 PM
Their just friends. Although maybe Baku fought off something nasty so that's why he got the statue?

Big D
07-21-2003, 04:52 AM
The statues aren't of Baku per se, just other members of his slightly rodentine species. I reckon Baku's people might be hybrids of Burmecians and Humans. They have got traits of both...

Edgar
07-23-2003, 11:28 AM
Yuck!!! :O

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-23-2003, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I can dig on that.

Big D
07-24-2003, 12:43 AM
FFIX's world is obviously full of cross-species couplings. Just look at the leading pair... and all of those who don't exactly resemble one species in particular. The blue-skinned Humans like Brahne and Amarant, for instance.

Bahamut2000X
07-24-2003, 02:16 AM
I thought Amarant was more of a white then a blue. Maybe just a very light blue?

m4tt
07-24-2003, 02:33 AM
He looks blue to me..

http://kingd0rk.com/files/amarant.gif

Although ingame he looks kinda green sometimes. o_o

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-24-2003, 05:08 AM
Brahne was always supposed to be blue, but Salamander was only blue in the game. His original character design (http://www.eyesonff.com/ff9/images/amano/ff9art_5.jpg) portrayed him as being a commonly fair-skinned guy.

Phil
08-01-2003, 07:24 PM
I never thought those pictures were the original designs. Just special art done by some guy that was used for the "Art to FFIX" book (which i have at my house, which was the same book you got the picture from)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-02-2003, 02:08 AM
Actually, that picture was in gaming magazines and on the Internet long before Art of Final Fantasy IX was published. And yes, the Amano drawings are their original designs.

Phil
08-02-2003, 04:47 AM
Oh okay. Thanks for clarifying that. I wasnt going against you Kawaii Ryukishii, i just was wondring:D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-02-2003, 07:44 AM
Ahh we're still cool. :aimsun:

TheSpoonyBard
08-04-2003, 02:55 AM
Cid says he hired Baku and the Tantalus team to capture Garnet from the palace whilst they are performing. I think that Baku and the Tantalus guys have had too many run-ins with the law and Cid when they were stealing in Lindblum, and over time Cid got to know them so they became friends. Or another theory is Cid was a member of Tantalus before becoming the Regent of Lindblum. I'm pretty sure the game doesn't tell you any mroe than the two of them go way back.

jochirin
09-22-2003, 09:20 AM
isen baku some kinda king... i thougt i saw something about that some where else in the forum... mabey thats the conektion

Cz
09-22-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Darkness
Or another theory is Cid was a member of Tantalus before becoming the Regent of Lindblum.

Cid inherits the title, I believe. So he wouldn't have been a member of Tantalus, but rather an heir to the throne.

<longshot> Cid was always having affairs and whatnot. Depending on the ages involved, is there a chance that Baku could be an illegitimate son? </longshot> I wouldn't be surprised if Cid had 'done the deed' with a Burmecian gal at some point, and produced the hybrid offspring.

It's not very likely, but the game doesn't tell you anything, so bring on the crackpot theories!

FinalFantasy_89
11-22-2003, 05:16 PM
Speaking of Tantalus...Is it just me, or does Blank have a see through things ability...I don't see his eyes peeking from under the belt around his eyes so I was wondering how he sees properly?!!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-22-2003, 09:48 PM
He sees beneath the headband, which casts a shadow over his eyes.

Flare_Star
11-23-2003, 08:16 PM
thats probably why he is called "blank". or did everybody know? Ah well im just slow.

Maybe they were in the same school? Though somehow Cid got to be the regent of lindblum and Baku got to be the leader of a band of theives.
Maybe baku was the kid who sat at the back of the class, made paper aeroplanes (airships?), and fell asleep in geography.
Mind you, i find it hard not to doze off in geograph....zzzzzz

FinalFantasy_89
11-28-2003, 02:14 PM
Maybe Baku had onced thieved Cid, and when Cid found out, he decided not to put Baku to death, but instead, use him...

Spatvark
11-28-2003, 10:56 PM
Well, every ruler has to have someone to do their dirty work for them, right? Now, we all know that Cid used Baku and Tantalus in this instance, but it's also fair to assume that Cid has hired Baku to do other, somewhat illegal, tasks for him in the past, which would explain them going way back. As to how Cid initially became aware of Baku though, that's really down to sheer speculation I guess.

black orb
12-06-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by FinalFantasy_89
Maybe Baku had onced thieved Cid, and when Cid found out, he decided not to put Baku to death, but instead, use him...
>>> How about if Baku cheated Cid, instead of thieved him :D
that also would explain why Cid started to look for other womans.

Christmas
05-20-2022, 02:42 AM
They were butt buddies back in the days. :bigsmile: