PDA

View Full Version : final fantasy prologue

Jackschitt
07-21-2003, 01:03 PM
The final fantasy prelude is in every final fantasy but one thing i dont understand is why the prologue isnt. The prologue was in final fantasy1 for nes and is also in final fantasy 4 for snes (not sure if its in 2 or 3) , is it me or does the prologue end at ff4?

crono_logical
07-21-2003, 03:02 PM
Sorry if I'm too lazy to download that MIDI to check, but is the prologue that track that plays in FF4 at the start after you leave the castle and that text starts scrolling? If it is, I know it definitely plays during the ending of FF8, and possibly FF9 too although I don't remember that one as clearly.

Jackschitt
07-22-2003, 02:40 AM
Hah, i did go and find out that ff9 had a version of the prologue, it was played during one of the starting CG movies. However it's quite short and its not kept as true to the song as they kept the prelude

Seifer
07-25-2003, 08:20 AM
I'm pretty sure every FF had the prologue except for FFX. I remember hearing it in the NES version of FFII, but not PSX. Actually, I haven't finished FFII for PSX, and the PSX version is somewhat different, but I doubt they changed the music. I'm not sure about FFIII, but I've never completed that either. I'm pretty sure it's FFX that's the only one.

RSL
08-04-2003, 08:21 PM
Final Fantasy VI, VII, VIII and IX had the prologue in their endings.

Final Fantasy VIII did not have the prelude, and Final Fantasy X's prelude was a bastardized verion of the song we all know and love.

crono_logical
08-05-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by RSL
and Final Fantasy X's prelude was a bastardized verion of the song we all know and love. Oh you know you love it really :p