PDA

View Full Version : FF1,2,3,4,5,6 should they be gameboy games?

Squall2
07-21-2003, 04:08 PM
I think it would make more sense if Final Fantasy 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 should be made gameboy games. even though popular, the older FF's grafics are CRAP! Apart from the exelent FMV sequences of course!!! They would make more sence being on gameboy. If square won't team up at least re-make them to fit the playstation's standard! :) :)

m4tt
07-21-2003, 04:55 PM
The younger generation of final fantasy players are spoiled by the pretty pictures of FFVII and up. In my opinion, FFVI has better graphics than FVII and FVIII, but that's just what I think.

To general final fantasy we go!

Cz
07-21-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Squall2
even though popular, the older FF's grafics are CRAP!

If you ask me, FFVI's graphics are the best of any final fantasy game. The charming little sprites convey the atmosphere of a Final Fantasy much better than VII's lego figures. Yeah, 3D's great, but I'd rather have good 2D graphics than poor 3D ones.

Psychotic
07-21-2003, 06:28 PM
Yeah, the graphics of V and VI, and possibly IV are good, but could the GBA handle the likes of FFVI? I mean, it is one hell of a big game...

Flying Mullet
07-21-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
Yeah, the graphics of V and VI, and possibly IV are good, but could the GBA handle the likes of FFVI? I mean, it is one hell of a big game...

I'm pretty sure that the size of FFVI was 32 Megs, and that the GBA cartridges can hold that.

And I'm in agreement with everyone else that FF IV, V, and VI were the best for graphics. :rock:

Squall2
07-21-2003, 08:44 PM
wouldn't it be great if they where realesed on GBA?

m4tt
07-21-2003, 08:55 PM
Yeah, it would be cool. I doubt it will ever happen, but it'd be neat.

Advent Child
07-21-2003, 10:02 PM
they COULD be gameboy games but some of them have already been released twice so most people who really want them would already have them. I don't think it'll happen, and I'm indifferent to the idea.

§håd0w
07-22-2003, 01:11 AM
i would appreciate if they didnt put them on gba. cuz all the games that were on nes and snes... none of the gamer noobs like. they're all like "oh it sucks, its not for ps2. its graphics suck... blah blah blah!" but if it goes onto to gameboy all those noobs will act like its the best thing to hit gba. and when u try to tell them it came out on snes first, they'll find somethin to argue about and say how it sucked then or somethin. what im sayin is that classic games should stay on the classic systems. unless it was like ff 1 and 2 being rereleased on ps1, and it was remastered. but if they're not goin to change it, then why bother?

Shoyku
07-22-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by masamune1287
but if they're not goin to change it, then why bother?
So that I could be playing the game and creasing my butt prints into a bus seat, not playing it and creasing my butt on my couch.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
07-22-2003, 05:56 AM
I'd rather have them all be given the treatment of FFOrigins. Re-re-release them on the PlayStation with WSC-caliber graphics, PS-caliber backgrounds, and orchestral music. I'd much rather have that than a lousy GBA port.

Squall2
07-22-2003, 02:03 PM
IF they came out on gba, it would be like the golden sun.
(A classic RPG i recomend it)

there are rumers that FF is coming out on gamecube.
And one more thing, FF tactics is coming out on GBA at christmas.:D

m4tt
07-22-2003, 02:07 PM
There aren't rumors about a gamecube FF, it's true. Crystal Chronicals.

And Tactics sucks, so who cares if it's on GBA. :rolleyes2

Kawaii Ryûkishi
07-22-2003, 02:58 PM
http://kayarco3.hypermart.net/fangirl/leavehimaloneyoujerk.gif

m4tt
07-22-2003, 03:52 PM
Ha ha ha. :p

Squall2
07-22-2003, 05:46 PM
what is tactics like?

Shoyku
07-22-2003, 09:58 PM
Take the worst game elements ever, and put 'em all together. Add "Tactics" to the end of the Final Fantasy name, and you got yourself FFT.

§håd0w
07-23-2003, 11:08 PM
tactics was awesome man. what r u talking about

FFboy4ever
07-24-2003, 02:32 AM
ACUTALLY I RECENTLY READ THAT SONY IS GOING TO MAKE A PSP (playsationportalble) and better yet....there's a rumor that final fantasy VII-2 WILL BE MADE ON IT!!!!:p.........i read this in the augest issue of ELECTRONIC GAMING MONTHLY!!

Paleghost
07-24-2003, 11:11 PM
portible rpgs are not my thing.. i can't get that attached to a game while on the run.. i would rather want them to remake all of them for ps1

§håd0w
07-25-2003, 12:51 AM
yeah. i actually hate portable systems in general. the only reason why i have a gba sp is because i had a gift certificate to game stop, there were no games that i wanted (surprisingly), and i was going on a trip and need some to get some gaming in during the trip. other than that, i dont like them, cuz the batteries run low real quick, and u either have to recharge them or buy new ones. which can take a toll on your walet eventually. but if it were on ps1 that would be fine.

Blathnaid
07-25-2003, 07:09 PM
GBA releases of FFI-VI?

... I don't think that's a very good idea. I like to play my Final Fantasies from the comfort of my own room. Actually, I like to play any RPG's from the comfort of my own room. Which is a good reason for me to get Gameboy Player to play Golden Sun and Lunar on the big screen. I don't think Final Fantasy would be real good on those tiny Gameboy screens. Not to say I don't like the GBA or the games for it, I just don't like to play my RPG's on there.

By the way. I love Tactics.

Strider
07-26-2003, 02:59 AM
There's not enough buttons and too many functions in IV and VI, so they couldn't really do it on a Game Boy, anyway.

Inuyasha23
07-26-2003, 02:13 PM
Why would you want to put more ff games on game boy!!!!! All of the FF lands 1-3 sucked. This is coming from a person who has to play in the basement with the old playststion where its wet and cold!!! im a die hard fan, but gameboy just screws stuff up. Im all for releasing these game again but lets do it on a system not a hand held.:choc: :mog: :choc: :mog: :choc: :mog: :choc: :mog: :choc: :mog: :choc: :choc: :mog: :mog: :choc: :choc:

playaGAW
07-27-2003, 09:42 AM
They should remake them on Gameboy at least NES games. A GBA cartridge could support FF1,2, and 3 with updated graphics.FF6 could use the R and L buttons for the X and Y missing on GBA. As many Super Nintendo games as they have done GBA you think they can't do more.

White Raven
07-27-2003, 04:26 PM
I think Final Fantasy would get more fan-fare if it were to bring back the old titles to GBA. A lot of little kids buy it mainly for Pokemon, so after they are done with that they'll be thirstyanother RPG, and for some tiny screen FF.

§håd0w
07-27-2003, 06:02 PM
i dunno. i still think if it goes to gba, then its gonna be like pokemon, everyone is gonna like it at first and obsess over it. but as soon as another game comes out they forget all about it, and then make fun of the older gamers who still enjoy it. i liked pokemon way before it even came to the us, then it did, and it was one helluva fad. it'll be the same way with the ff games. and as i recall, ff1 was the only NES final fantasy. i never bought ff2, as i was too young to know anything about it when i lived in japan.

Cz
07-27-2003, 08:05 PM
FF wouldn't be anything like Pokemon. One, it's already a well known and respected series, and two, it isn't backed up by a silly trading card game and TV show.

§håd0w
07-27-2003, 08:41 PM
thats true. but the point was, that i liked it back when it just a series back in japan. as soon as it hit america, i knew it was doomed. i just dont want that to happen to final fantasy. besides, i'd think i would get a migrane after staring at such a small screen for over 6 hours. not to mention the batteries would die.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-01-2003, 07:23 AM
Wonderful thing about the SP is rechargable batteries, and the ability to play while recharging.

And Tactics is the best game ever! How can you say it melds the worst elements in games? It is probably one of the more challenging Final Fantasy games out right now, and it is also the funnest.

Edgar
08-01-2003, 10:46 AM
Are we talking about the asme Tactics here? Cuz the GBA tactics really pissed me. That one was fantastic :D

§håd0w
08-01-2003, 01:14 PM
finally. someone else who liked tactcs as much as i did.