PDA

View Full Version : Really stupid question.

final boss
07-21-2003, 04:40 PM
When you first go on the wrold map, can you skip the whole Kalm thing? Or do you have to go?

Flying Mullet
07-21-2003, 04:41 PM
You have to sit through it. Now whenever I reach that story I look at it as a challenge to see how fast I can get through it. Unfortunately the fastest I've made it is 20 minutes. Uggghhh, it's long...

Big D
07-21-2003, 11:34 PM
You can make it as far as the Mythril Mines entrance, then Cloud realises that he's forgotten something - namely, the rest of his team, who're sitting around in Kalm waiting for him to show up.

SirenGriever
07-22-2003, 12:49 AM
The flashback is one of the things i dread about restarting the game. I've seen it over and over again and still it isn't more exciting than the last time I saw it.:eep:

Big D
07-22-2003, 04:30 AM
I love the FMVs and battles featuring Sephiroth, and the amusing opportunity for Cloud to rifle through Tifa's mail and undergarments.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
07-22-2003, 05:50 AM
Yeah, it's good times. You kids are nuts.

Deandre
07-23-2003, 11:07 PM
First time I played the game, there were two parts in the game I quite liked and now I don't.

Cloud's Past, Cloud's Mind/Lifestream.

BAH! :mad:

§håd0w
07-27-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Big D
I love the FMVs and battles featuring Sephiroth, and the amusing opportunity for Cloud to rifle through Tifa's mail and undergarments.

YOU CAN DO THAT!?!?!?! :whoa: ANOTHER REASON TO REPLAY THE GAME :tongue:

Zild
07-28-2003, 03:48 AM
My brother and I played through the game at the same time... and I was so interested in it I watched him play the game too... (I was nice, letting him play my game on my PSX, before I had played it!)

So, I saw the Kalm thing the first time when my brother played it...

Then I had to do it again when I plaed it... losing it's appeal now...

Then, I decided to go back to an earier save (or restart the whole game, I can't remember...) in order to get the enemy skill materia I'd missed! What a fool I am, I never even used the enemy skill materia!

Now, I too see it as a challenge to get thru the whole thing as quickly as possible...

Evil_Cloud
07-28-2003, 04:09 AM
When i watch the Flashback, i challenge myself by actually trying to keep Cloud from being killed by all the monsters. :p

Fraile Memory
07-28-2003, 04:15 AM
The flashback scene was grand.

I use to attack Sephiroth all the time, he'd repeat the same process over and over. He'd kill me, revive me, and cure me. I'd attack him and, and watch the whole thing repeat. This way he wouldn't get a chance to attack the enemy.

§håd0w
07-28-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Big D

haha, tifa wears orthopedic underwear.

Blathnaid
07-29-2003, 02:37 AM
I, for one, don't like that part in the game, and dread it everytime I restart. It's one of the very few things I don't like about the game.

However, to answer your question, no. You can't just skip it. It's crutial to the development of the story. FFVII is an RPG after all, and every RPG has their long, boring parts.

§håd0w
07-29-2003, 01:08 PM
omg dude. its so long, i cant stand it.