PDA

View Full Version : Rosetta and dwarves PISSING ME OFF!

ForeverZeroUltima
07-22-2003, 02:02 AM
helllllllp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when i go to Water Dragon Isle to save the fairies from teh dwarves, Rosetta keeps dying on me!
the main reason i started this new game was to get one of the triple techs, the one with Serge, Leena, Razzly, and it calls for Razzly's level 7 tech. you can only get it from Rosetta IF she stays alive, but she KEEPS DYING ON ME!
1. i save Razzly
2. i DONT use Razzly to fight the Hydra.
3. the hydra dies and doesn't give birth to another one.
4. i kill the dwarves.
5 the dwarves DONT survive
6. ROSETTA DIES!!!!!!!!!!

how the heck do i prevent her from dying???????

Velvet Mink
07-24-2003, 03:35 AM
Beats me. But maybe you should have used Razzly in the hydra fight? It seems to be the only variable that would make a difference. Just a guess though.

Aya Nekoneko
07-24-2003, 11:45 AM
I didn't use Razzly during that sidequest, but I'm beginning to think that by the sound of it, Rosetta dies either way (i.e., whether Razzly is there or not). Maybe if Razz's in your team, you just get an extra sad cutscene where Razzly actually sees the death of her sister? *shrug*

Hope you find your answer.

Magus
07-24-2003, 06:25 PM
iono bout that but in the hydra fight i had razzly with me & rosetta died anyway. the only thing it does is that rosetta dies then razzl cries & all da bla bla then she asks u 2 leave her with her sis 4 a min then u go 2 the dragon thing then he gives u ur item & summon then thats it ... i think ... i havent played it 4 a while but from wut i remember thats wut happened 2 me.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-25-2003, 09:27 PM
my brother played and used razzly against hydra AND dwarves and rosetta stayed alive.

[QUOTE]Rosetta dies either way (i.e., whether Razzly is there or not).[QUOTE]

you're wrong, Aya. in my first file, where i got glenn instead of razzly, rosetta stayed alive, so i dont think thats the case.....

Velvet Mink
07-26-2003, 05:53 AM
It might have something to do with how fast you can get to Rosetta. Like if you waste a lot of time fighting dwarves maybe she'll die. BUt if you rush straight to her she won't. I don't know, it's just a guess. Otherwise it sounds like it might be random, and I really don't think Square would do that.

Magus
07-29-2003, 11:23 PM
i don't think thats it ... but isnt there any game FAQ that says it !? there should b.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-30-2003, 06:38 PM
i checked the eoff site and checked the walkthrough but it said for me to NOT have razzly in my party when i beat the hydra, have razzly in my party when i enter fairy-ville, rush straight to the hi-ho tank and beat it. i tried that, and rosetta STILL died! what the heck am i doing wrong?

Magus
07-30-2003, 07:41 PM
maybe ur not suppose 2 fight any monster cept the tank while getting 2 her, of it depends on the way u kill the tank.

Sefie1999AD
07-30-2003, 08:01 PM
I used Razzly in the fight against Hydra, and I used her in the Faerie island as well. I fought and slaughtered every dwarf there and then trashed the tank, and Rosetta survived. I never got Razzly's level 7 tech later in the game, though.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-31-2003, 03:03 AM
you also have to fight the dwarves at the top of the waterfall too.........is there a way to skip those, or is that fight necessary?
back to the subject, my brother used razzly against hydra, against dwarves, he went after EVERY SINGLE DWARF ON THE ISLAND, beat the tank, and rosetta still survived! and i thought rosetta's survival depended on how fast you get to her! isn't that the truth? or is this all screwed up?

Magus
07-31-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by ForeverZeroUltima
you also have to fight the dwarves at the top of the waterfall too.........is there a way to skip those, or is that fight necessary?
back to the subject, my brother used razzly against hydra, against dwarves, he went after EVERY SINGLE DWARF ON THE ISLAND, beat the tank, and rosetta still survived! and i thought rosetta's survival depended on how fast you get to her! isn't that the truth? or is this all screwed up?

hmmm ... it's busted. or maybe it's random depending on the game but i doubt that square would ever do something like that.

no there is no way to skip that fight

wait what happens if she dies ? cuz i remember she survived in my game & i didnt get anythin, or maybe i did get it but didnt notice.

Advent Child
07-31-2003, 07:35 AM
well I completely neglected to DO this quest the first time through. I just walked on the fire.

ForeverZeroUltima
07-31-2003, 11:51 PM
omg, you walked on the fire...er, i mean...never mind...

anyways, i'll just wait til NewGame+ MOde so i can beat the munchkins one hit each...

Magus
08-01-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by lj
well I completely neglected to DO this quest the first time through. I just walked on the fire.

haha thats what i was about 2 do too lol but then i was like damn there must b some easyer way then tried walkin around & talk 2 ppl till i found that guy with the boat.

ForeverZeroUltima
08-21-2003, 01:54 AM
ok nm i found a way, i can just wait til NewGAme+ mode and get glenn instead and kill the tank and rosetta will live then when i beat fate i can use the chrono cross to get razzly back and get her to talk to rosetta...but thanks for the help, eveyrone

Aya Nekoneko
08-21-2003, 02:26 AM
O hey, I played a New Game+ and beat the dwarves using the time thingy (the one that can speed up and slow down time). I just beat 'em all up really quickly and Rosetta ended up surviving. o.O;

Too bad Razz wasn't in my team... this time I opted not to save poor ol' Kid. ^^;;