PDA

View Full Version : A trick that makes the game amazingly simple...

Dr. Casey
07-22-2003, 06:58 AM
If you cast Vanish then Doom on an enemy, they die instantly. Doesn't work on all enemies, but most of them.

I am proud to have discovered this great trick!

crono_logical
07-22-2003, 07:28 AM
Yeah, we all knew that quite a while ago :p Same works for Vanish and XZone. Just don't use either on DoomGaze if you want Bahamut :p

Atma Weapon
07-22-2003, 07:32 AM
I don't doubt that you discoverd the vanish/doom trick on your own, but many many other people have discovered it as well. Sorry;). You can use X-zone in place of doom to affect multiple enemies. That way you can have three character's cast vanish and one use X-zone to destroy three enemies in one round. There is a number of strategies that will make the game easy like that though, props on finding this one on your own. I have another thread entitled "what is your favorite trick/strategy" where I list all the most powerful stategies I know. You might find some good advice if you're new to FF6.:mog:

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-22-2003, 07:50 AM
Actually, if you use vanish/doom on Doomgaze, you do receive Bahamut. I think it may just be X-Zone that prevents you from getting it. I actually find it ironic that vanish/doom works on the master of the doom spells, Doomgaze.

Atma Weapon
07-22-2003, 08:00 AM
yes it is only X-zone that stops you from getting bahamut. I remember that I used to equip wall rings and cast vanish on doomgaze and wait for him to kill himself, and I always got the Bahamut esper for it.

m4tt
07-22-2003, 01:36 PM
Ahh.. I remember using this trick way back in 1997. Good times. Good times.

Edgar
07-23-2003, 10:59 AM
Don't use that dammit! It takes out all the fun!!! mark this thread with spoilers!!!! :|

Atma Weapon
07-24-2003, 07:57 AM
I agree with Edgar that vanish/doom spoils the fun. The only time that I will use it now is the battle where Terra automatically loses to Phunbaba. It is possible for Terra to defeat Phunbaba in that battel, but it doesn't change the outcome once you leave the battle though. Everybody still acts like Terra lost.:(

Anybody want to take bets on how long this thread lasts before Kawaii RyuKishi closes it?

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-24-2003, 08:02 AM
$20 says 3 more posts (note this is in monopoly money)

By the way, it is really funny when you use it on Phunbaba. I killed him with it like 3 times before he actually did die.

Atma Weapon
07-24-2003, 08:30 AM
Well, here's number 3, so someone better make number 2 and number 1 good.;) But the Phunbaba thing is the only time I use vanish/doom. The only other time I ever tried it was against the guardian in Vector. It didn't work :( . On an interesting side note though, casting drain on gaurdian in Vector replenishes your health, so it's defenses aren't too high, there is an added programming effect which reduces all damage to 0.

You can use the gem box makes vanish/doom even cheaper.

:choc: :mog: :magus::mog: :choc: :) :choc: :beer::choc:

m4tt
07-24-2003, 01:30 PM
Be nice to kishi. :(

Atma Weapon
07-25-2003, 05:13 AM
I'm just joking, I don't mean to offend. I'm sorry if I did.:(

Dr. Casey
07-27-2003, 01:04 AM
This whole topic was a joke. :D

I just wanted to see ye peoples' reactions.

HOOTERS
07-28-2003, 03:09 PM
That's what they all say.

m4tt
07-28-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Casey
This whole topic was a joke. :D

I just wanted to see ye peoples' reactions.

Well in that case.