PDA

View Full Version : Alright... I'm getting this game for my birthday.

Dr. Casey
07-22-2003, 07:03 AM
I'm sure it will kick teh ass.

Shoyku
07-22-2003, 09:01 AM
Good for you. Hope you enjoy the game.

Hedgy
07-24-2003, 08:10 PM
Well done!
It's a brilliant game.
I'm sure you'll love it :)

§håd0w
07-25-2003, 03:32 PM
its really worth ur buck man. go for it

Evil_Cloud
07-25-2003, 09:19 PM
And just so u know, only the International version has the Dark Aeons and Penance, the hardest bosses in FF history. So if u want this extra challenge, maybe u should look into the International version, i didnt know about this and i bought the US version, which doesnt have them, lol. damn it!!

lemonation
07-25-2003, 09:57 PM
Does it say international on teh cover? I'm just curious because i want to know if i have international or US.

§håd0w
07-26-2003, 08:56 PM
it does, but int;. is only in japan. u will need a mod chip, which voids every possible warranty, or buy a japanesse ps2.

lemonation
07-27-2003, 12:09 AM
Shiznit.

Dr. Casey
07-27-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Evil_Cloud
And just so u know, only the International version has the Dark Aeons and Penance, the hardest bosses in FF history. So if u want this extra challenge, maybe u should look into the International version, i didnt know about this and i bought the US version, which doesnt have them, lol. damn it!!

@_@ Shinyruu from FF5 and the Weapons from FF7 were too hard for me to defeat. I definitely don't want anything harder.

Oh yeah, what's this Sphere Grid system thing? Hope it doesn't mess with the traditional FF battle system too much.

Shoyku
07-27-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by masamune1287
it does, but int;. is only in japan. u will need a mod chip, which voids every possible warranty, or buy a japanesse ps2.
I believe International is also included in the European versions of the game, and that only North America doesn't have International.

§håd0w
07-27-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Shoyku
I believe International is also included in the European versions of the game, and that only North America doesn't have International.

yeah, but when i say intl. i mean, o nevermind... im just gonna confuse myself. i have intl as well. European has most of the same things, but intl. came with a bonus dvd. which was very sad might i add. hey that rhymed... bonus points!!! but the only difference was the dvd i think.

Sefie1999AD
07-27-2003, 01:34 AM
The PAL version (= European and Australian version) is based on FFX International, as it has Dark Aeons, Penance and other super-hard extra bosses like that. The US version doesn't have those. Here are some ways to know whether you have the American (not many extra bosses) or the PAL (many extra bosses) version:

1) Without a mod-chip, the American version doesn't work in a PAL PS2 and vice versa.

2) When you begin a new game, you have only one kind of Sphere Grid in the US version. The PAL version asks you whether you want the Normal Grid or an Expert Grid.

3) There's a bonus DVD coming with FFX PAL. It contains interviews with the FFX staff, Suteki Da Ne music video and trailers for Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts.

Hope you'll enjoy FFX if you get it for your birthday.

lemonation
07-27-2003, 02:41 AM
I loved the sphere grid. It's awesome. Each character has a path that's "their own", but they can go into another person's path. For example: Auron is the greatest sword guy ever. Tremendous damage, neato moves like Sentinel, Asses of HP, and the knight break moves(armor, mental, magic, power). But, let's say, for a larf, you want Auron to be a white mage. SEnd him along yuna's path, and boom: he can't fight, like yuna, but can heal. Then, send yuna down auron's path, and she, with auron's strength, can do auron-esque damage(which later on is like 6000) with her pathetic staff. :) But, you can't really send them on eachother's paths until you get certain spheres, but when you do get these spheres you can make truely custom peoples. It am fun. I grammar can't right do? HhEelLpPiIeESs!!@
I go dead. Tell my sphere grid... I love her...

Dr. Casey
07-27-2003, 03:00 AM
Thanks, Seph... and... cool sig. Three pics of Garnet is sweet, since she's the hottest Final Fantasy chick evar. :D Er... anyway...

LMAO @ the end of lemon's post. It's kind of vaguely similar to Lufia 3's system. It sound kickass.

lemonation
07-27-2003, 03:49 PM
CAll me stupid, but what does LMAO mean? I assume it's good. And really, call me stupid or you don't get any cookies.

§håd0w
07-27-2003, 05:55 PM
laugh my ass off

Dr. Casey
07-27-2003, 11:50 PM
You're so damn stupid, dude.

*awaits cookie*

lemonation
07-28-2003, 01:20 AM
I didn't say you got a cookie if you called me stupid. I said you didn't et one if you didn't call me stupid. But, since you're gonna cry if I don't give you a cookie (they always cry when I don't give them cookies), Here. What do you mean I can't give you cookies over teh internet? Damn internet v. 1.0... when are tehy gonna get 1.7 with teleporters and a machine that let's you send 9999 volts through the bodies of people who make hentai?! WHEN?! WWHHEENN??!! WWWHHHEEENNN???!!! Wait, what was I yelling about? What! WHAT! WWHHA- oh forget it. Here's your cookie.:choc: