PDA

View Full Version : things that could make it better

nova
07-22-2003, 08:02 AM
i was thinking about ff6 a few minutes ago and how great it was. i also thought that it could have ways to make it even greater than it already is. although there are few ways to make it better i came up with a few:

Though there are many and well thought of bosses they could have been harder. i.e. the dragons and the final boss.

kefka, gestahl, and leo could have had more in depth backrounds. especially leo. i mean people love leo even tho u only play him for about five minutes and then he dies(sniff sniff). i think if the game showed his past perhaps his childhood or how he became the most respected general in the empire, people would have most certainly loved him more.

im not saying ff6 sucks; as it is my fav game of all time i just think it would have been even more perfect with a few extra things thrown in

if anybody else has suggestions or comments please state them here.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-22-2003, 08:22 AM
I think it would have been nice if any two, or even all three of the generals were siblings. It would have added a lot more drama to the story. How would Leo have resisted Celes's incarceration and planned execution if she were his sister? And sure, it's sad that Leo died because he was a cool guy, but it would be even sadder if he was a cool guy and Celes's brother. And imagine how much it would hurt Celes if she had to watch one of her brothers kill the other and then try to destroy everything.

I guess I really just want things to be hard on Celes.

nova
07-27-2003, 07:57 AM
ya that would have made it cooler. i also want to know about gestahl. i mean how did he become the top guy? he must have been just a normal guy before he wanted power. but i guess he was also top guy for at least 20 years because he ordered the opening of the door to the esper world. but it would be cool to see him as a strapping young man instead of an old hag(well maybe just an old guy who wants power).

BG-57
07-28-2003, 01:19 AM
Nova,

Why not write a fanfiction about young Gestahl? FFVI has so many unanswered questions it is a great source for fanfics.

I would imagine that even as a young man, he would have had the seeds of desire for power. Perhaps it originally stemmed from powerlessness. Maybe his basic motivation was misguided idealism. Maybe he wanted to unite a world that was broken into squabbling factions.

You know what they say about the road to hell.

Edgar
07-28-2003, 10:33 AM
I like Gestahl's scheming ways. We can always make fanfics for FFVI like BG-57 said. It's a nice plot to write about :)

HOOTERS
07-28-2003, 03:07 PM
A little bit more character development all around would have been nice.

Christmas
04-28-2022, 05:18 AM
Ultros and Chupon need more character development. The unholy union between these 2 need clarity. Is Chupon into tentacles bondage? :bigsmile:

Dr. Acula
04-28-2022, 09:38 AM
Ultros and Chupon need more character development. The unholy union between these 2 need clarity.

I'd watch a 50s-style zany Ultros and Chupon sitcom.