PDA

View Full Version : Sephiroth or Auron

§håd0w
07-23-2003, 11:46 PM
who would win in a battle. Sephiroth, or Auron. ignoring the fact that auron is dead , who do u think would win in a match to the death... err, or a match period.

Vermachtnis
07-24-2003, 12:07 AM
Sephiroth would wipe the floor with Auron. I mean look at the facts.
1) Sephiroth was The Best Mercinary in the world.
2) Sephiroth used a real Mesamune.
3) Sephiroth had Omnislash and a bunch of clones.
4) He burns Cloud's hometown

1) Auron was a rouge monk.
2) Auron's Mesamune didn't even look like a Katana.
3) Auron did have a flaming tornadoe, but that was balanced by him tagging along with Tidus. Not the other way around.
4) He cought a tornado on fire.

Misfit
07-24-2003, 03:36 AM
I like Auron better, he was full of advice and there's just something about him that makes him good.

Tch, I never liked Sephiroth anyways. >_>

Dalkaen
07-24-2003, 09:48 AM
I've not played much into FFX, but if I were to go on cool factor alone, I would have to say Auron.

Oh, and Omni, the masamune that Frog/Glenn(Chrono Trigger) used didn't look like a Katana either. It looked like a western broad sword, and CT came before FFVII.

Rikku_658
07-24-2003, 12:15 PM
I'd vote for Sephiroth, because he was one of the toughest bad guys in the whole of the Final Fantasy series. Auron looks stronger though, Sephiroth looks like an old pensioner with that grey hair!

Lol :)

PhoenixAsh
07-24-2003, 09:10 PM
It annoys me when people say Seph was the best mercenary in the world. Well yes he was... everyone else sucked when he was around. His attack when a SOLDIER was in the 3,000s, that would be about 3% of what an attack from Auron can do.

Sephiroth had no power other than Jenova, he was used from before birth right up until just before he got his ass whipped by Cloud (with plenty of occassions where he gets thrashed before then).

Auron didn't care about Spira enough to act as a sensible leader, he was there to teach two of the most useless people in the world how to be grown ups, which he did without once smashing either of them round the head.

Auron cared about his word, and drunk whilst keeping a cool head in battle. Sephiroth either got used as a puppet or whined about his mother.

Paleghost
07-24-2003, 11:06 PM
Auron, Auron would probobly know if he was out matched or not. there for he would come up with a new plan.. seph.. well he is just crazy.. and crazy people never win.

§håd0w
07-25-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by PhoenixAsh
It annoys me when people say Seph was the best mercenary in the world. Well yes he was... everyone else sucked when he was around. His attack when a SOLDIER was in the 3,000s, that would be about 3% of what an attack from Auron can do.

yeah but u gotta remeber, the damage limit back then was 9999. if it were equal to the 99,999 limit we have today, he would probably be doing somewhere around 30,000-40,000

Evil_Cloud
07-25-2003, 08:15 AM
who would win, seph or auron? hmmm.......i dont recall Auron ever having the power to threaten the very life of the planet.

§håd0w
07-25-2003, 01:39 PM
thats right man. preach it

SirenGriever
07-28-2003, 03:37 AM
Hm...Who would win? Why do you curse me to choose between two of the most coolest characters! bwahha!! Sephy or auron? Eh, I couldn't choose. I dig guys with silver hair or the whole rouge monk thing. Don't make me choose.

Magus
07-28-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Dalkaen
I've not played much into FFX, but if I were to go on cool factor alone, I would have to say Auron.

Oh, and Omni, the masamune that Frog/Glenn(Chrono Trigger) used didn't look like a Katana either. It looked like a western broad sword, and CT came before FFVII.

no but the masamune's from a japanese legend & it's a katana.

but i'd have 2 say Auron's cool.

PhoenixAsh
07-28-2003, 07:19 PM
Evil_Cloud

who would win, seph or auron? hmmm.......i dont recall Auron ever having the power to threaten the very life of the planet.

I'll ignored that IMO it was Jenova who did that and point out that all that was needed was to use some materia. ANYONE can use materia.

masamune1287

yeah but u gotta remeber, the damage limit back then was 9999. if it were equal to the 99,999 limit we have today, he would probably be doing somewhere around 30,000-40,000

Even with Jenova's cells and a pityfull 9,999 limit Seph could only manage a third of this (with a sword that everyone mentions despite it being smaller than both Cloud and Auron's).

Yumi-Yimi
07-28-2003, 08:28 PM
Auron is boring. He never said anything cool in FFX.
Sephiroth is way cooler.

And that's why Sephiroth would win in the battle.

Evil_Cloud
07-28-2003, 09:24 PM
I'll ignored that IMO it was Jenova who did that and point out that all that was needed was to use some materia. ANYONE can use materia.

He wasnt using any ordinary materia, he used the Black Materia, which needed an unimaginable amount of energy to summon, he went to the Northern Crater and utilized all the spirit energy there to summon Meteor. Its not like any moron could have said "hey i got this black materia! i can summon meteor! go meteor!! go!!" he had to unlock the key to using it.

PhoenixAsh
07-28-2003, 10:10 PM
Okay first of all Jenova did a huge amount if not all the work in summoning Meteor. Sephiroth was trapped for most of the time after getting whooped off Cloud.
Second, there is no evidence that Sephiroth (Jenova) was the only one capable of doing it.
Thirdly, the summon failed.

Yumi-Yimi

What did Sephiroth ever say that was so cool? Even if you count the times when it wasn't really him.

Yunaknight
07-28-2003, 10:16 PM
Sephiroth, cause Auron is too old and gay

§håd0w
07-28-2003, 10:22 PM
stop calling every thing gay u :skull::skull::skull::skull:ing biggot!!!!!!! i dont care if that gets me in trouble, but u have flamed many topics and many characters. we dont give a shit about what u think about the character's sex life. and u constantly talk about others being gay... ur probably just trying to cover up for somethin about yourself. its not funny at all, and no one is laughing or agreeing with you. so just blow off, and stop being such a biggot

PhoenixAsh
07-28-2003, 10:31 PM
Just wanted to say masamune1287's right, the majority of posts (literally I think) have included the word gay or faggot and two have been edited.
So everyone try and avoid flaming because it'd be silly to get others into trouble.
Sorry if that's mod-whoring, but I like this thread, and don't like homophobia.

Sephiroth, cause Auron is too old and gay

Sephiroth is old too.

§håd0w
07-28-2003, 10:37 PM
i say we just ban yunaknight for flagarantly harassing others indirectly. not just people in ff games, but in the manner that she is speaking, someone could very well take offense to her words.

PhoenixAsh
07-28-2003, 10:40 PM
I say the mods'll do what they see fit and repost my last real post to get us back on track.

Okay first of all Jenova did a huge amount if not all the work in summoning Meteor. Sephiroth was trapped for most of the time after getting whooped off Cloud.
Second, there is no evidence that Sephiroth (Jenova) was the only one capable of doing it.
Thirdly, the summon failed.

Yumi-Yimi

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did Sephiroth ever say that was so cool? Even if you count the times when it wasn't really him.

Yumi-Yimi
07-28-2003, 10:54 PM
Sorry, can't remember what he said really.
It was a so long time ago...
I remember him as a cool person, so he should've said cool things. Pretty logical, huh? :)

§håd0w
07-28-2003, 10:58 PM
how bout "i have come to see you mother. open this door." isnt that just so cool? only tough people like sephiroth can come straight out in front of peers and say soemthin like that. lol:tongue:

PhoenixAsh
07-28-2003, 11:00 PM
Lol, fair enough I guess. I admit Seph was cool (in theory). If I hadn't looked deeper into VII and had theories of my own I may have voted differently.