PDA

View Full Version : Query about marlboros.

Ariel
07-24-2003, 01:17 AM
Does anyone know where you can find someone who plays Triple Triad with marlboro cards? Or a place aside from the island closest to hell where you can fight them? I'm trying to get Doomtrain, and I haven't had much luck finding either of those to get some tentacles. Any help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Scar Face
07-24-2003, 01:39 AM
The Island closest to heaven has Marlboros and so does esthar sometimesI think the Esthar has marlboros by the sorceress shrine.

Big D
07-24-2003, 05:29 AM
There are some flat-topped mountains at the north end of the Great Esthar Forest where Marlboros can be found, on occasion.

Atma Weapon
07-24-2003, 08:55 AM
card modding isn't the best way to get the tentacles. It is better to steal them from marlboros and run away.;) If you must card mod them though, I think I remember playing someone in Esthar who used one. Happy Hunting:) .

Big D
07-24-2003, 09:52 AM
Wholesale slaughter of Marlboros using Quistis' Degenerator attack is quite handy, too. A high-level Marlboro will often drop quite a few tentacles at once.

twobitmage
07-24-2003, 10:12 AM
hmm I actually get alot of malboros from card games...I play with that guy in balamb garden in cid's office who keeps saying "I wanted to challenge him.." often, he has some lvl 7-ish cards pretty often, good bet for getting some malboros me thinks

PhoenixAsh
07-24-2003, 10:43 PM
I'd say fight malboro's. They're not that hard if you prepare properly, and the preparation will help later in the game.

Ariel
07-25-2003, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the advice, everyone. =)

robfinalfantasy
07-28-2003, 10:25 PM
If you already went to space then you will not be able to find them near Tear's Point nor near the Sorceress Memorial Hall. Your best bet is to find them on the Island Closest to Heaven. Make sure the person mugging has the following spells equipped on ST-Def:
Pain
Confuse
Berserk
Sleep

ShivaBlizzard8
07-29-2003, 04:15 AM
Nida and Xu on the bridge of Balamb Garden usually have Marlboro cards, as well as other goodies, like Iron Giants and Ellenoyles (sp?). However, I agree the best way to get tentecles is by fighting and stealing from the creatures themselves.