PDA

View Full Version : ePSXe sound plugin problems

Erdrick Holmes
07-24-2003, 07:33 PM
I was playing Megaman X4 on ePSXe and the music kept on warping and getting all messed up, then I switched the plug in and the music played at normal speed but it kep skipping. The normal sound effects play just fine and it does the same thing of the sounds of the FMVs. Is there a sound plugin for ePSXe that can repair this?

crono_logical
07-24-2003, 08:02 PM
Different plugins fare differently from game to game. In general, I find the Eternal Sound plugin is best all round, although I know it messes up badly during FMVs in Legend of Mana, and I have to switch to Pete's or the internal one for that part of that game. The internal one is the most compatible, but makes many sound effects sound like they could be from a SNES or something, and doesn't support the reverb in Eternal or Pete's. Pete's is another good one. You really need to experiment to find the best one per game.

Erdrick Holmes
07-24-2003, 08:15 PM
Were can I go download some sound plugins?

crono_logical
07-24-2003, 08:41 PM
www.ngemu.com

You can browse the site yourself to find them :p

Erdrick Holmes
07-24-2003, 10:01 PM
I got a bunch of plug ins that totaly fixed the video and somewhat on the audio but whenI play Megaman X4 and the spritecount gets a bit high the music begings to skip but everything else is fine. Is there anything I should alter on my plugins?

Endless
07-24-2003, 10:34 PM
I like P.E.Op.S myself for the sound plugin. Worked fine so far.

Erdrick Holmes
07-25-2003, 01:23 AM
I found a netplay pluging called netsock, but I don't know how to play the games online? Any help here?

Peegee
07-25-2003, 01:43 AM
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=36338

I think I have a SB card, and those settings work for me.

The best thing you can do of course is to get a dang PSone

Erdrick Holmes
07-25-2003, 01:56 AM
Well heres my reasons for having it. Ony this FF site that I am Admin of (Final Fantasy Solstice) is letting me be incharge of FF8 stuff so therefor IM taking my own screenshots. ANd I wanna play KOF9 online with Netplay