PDA

View Full Version : The Tyrannosaur in Origins

Lightning Hunter
07-24-2003, 09:09 PM
Ok, I found something VERY annoying in Final Fantasy Origins. I made it all the way to the end of the game, got the Masamune, but decided to go back to the world and complete my monster collection. All I need to find is the Iron Golem and Tyrannosaur. I am the type of person that levels up a lot in these games. While searching for the Tyrannosaur, my guys got up to level 50. Now here is the big problem. It took me a few hours, but I FINALLY found a Tyrannosaur. I was all excited at first, but then, in the first turn, he ran from me. Since then, I have found 3 more of those guys, and they have all ran from me before I can do anything to them. They won't be added to my monster list because they run before I can kill them! This is VERY annoying, since I am trying to have a saved game with everything done. I think this is now impossible to do, since he runs from me every time I find him. Every time I see him, he doesn't fight me and I don't get a chance to even touch him before he runs. GRRRRR! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: I don't want to have to start a new game just to kill a Tyrannosaur... Does anyone have any ideas on what to do here?

FuSoYa
07-24-2003, 09:26 PM
Sorry dude, that sucks. I really don't think there is anything you can do, except keep trying and maybe get lucky. You might encounter him when you get a 'Strike First' battle and can take him out early. Other than that, don't think there's much you're going to be able to do. You could use a Gameshark, I suppose, if you're really adamant about getting him with this game save.

wolfmah
07-25-2003, 02:14 PM
And for Iron Golem, take a deep into the Temple of Fiends (Chaos) until you reach the floor of Tiamat, it is lying there.

BG-57
07-28-2003, 01:02 AM
What's your party's composition? Black mages can learn some immobilization spells (Bind I think). Also you could go for an instant kill with something like poison or use a venom blade. If your party has a high enough level they should get a turn before he does.

Bear in mind the game keeps a running tally of all monsters killed over every *sequential* game you play. So if you start a new game from this one, you'll carry over all the monster data. And you need to play the game through twice to unlock all the photos in the collections gallery. Try taking on the tyrannosaur when you first get to the area he inhabits.

black orb
07-28-2003, 08:57 AM
>>> Sometimes you are able to strike first in random battles, so there is your chance...

White Raven
07-28-2003, 03:48 PM
That was the last monster I needed for my beastiary. It took me 2 hours of walking around that pond. Found it. Killed it with my mastermonk on the first hit. Never tried finding it again.

Lightning Hunter
08-25-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by BG-57
If your party has a high enough level they should get a turn before he does.

I love it when people don't read the entire first post.

BG-57
08-26-2003, 01:15 PM
Actually, I did, but your first post doesn't mention you're playing in Normal Mode.

My advice is start a new game in Easy Mode.

Lightning Hunter
08-26-2003, 09:24 PM
The game was on Normal Mode, and my guys were maxed out on level 50 each. I FINALLY killed the dumb Tyrannosaur when my fighter was able to get off one hit. He always ran before ANY of my guys could do anything. But this one time my fighter was able to kill him with the Masamune.

Why are you suggesting I start a new game on easy mode anyway? Normal mode is already too easy...

BG-57
08-27-2003, 12:44 PM
Well, 'Normal' and 'Easy' are relative terms.

I was suggesting Easy Mode though, because you can level up to 99, which gives your party better stats than at level 50 in Normal Mode.

I also like Easy Mode because spellcasters get a larger pool of magic and you don't need to hack up as much, nor wait as long to be able to afford new spells and weapons.

Lightning Hunter
08-30-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by BG-57
Well, 'Normal' and 'Easy' are relative terms.

I was suggesting Easy Mode though, because you can level up to 99, which gives your party better stats than at level 50 in Normal Mode.

Hehe, level 99? not only would the Tyrannosaur run from me at that level, but he would be crapping all over the place while running. :P