PDA

View Full Version : I AM SO CONFUSED AFTER PLAYING FF7 A SECOND TIME!!!! SPOILERS OMG!!!111

§håd0w
07-25-2003, 12:47 AM
ok anyone who can help me here, i would greatly appreciate it. this contains mega spoilers so (SPOILER) Sephiroth was created by Prof. Gast right? but near the end, Hogo takes claim and says he is Sephiroth's father. But if Gast created him, that would make Sephiroth and Aeris half brother and sister. I only noticed this cuz im going through and playing the game again, but its completely confusing to me, and if ANYONE could clear it up for it me, i will forever be in your debt... err... yeah, something like that. lol. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!

Evil_Cloud
07-25-2003, 01:34 AM
I sent u a pm that clears everything up

zacks_clone
07-25-2003, 01:37 AM
I think your confuesed....If you go behind the waterfall to Lucretia with vincent,the two clear it up.They say that Lucretia is Sephiroths mother,and she never got to hold him because of the experiments they were testing on himAnd Hojo tells you that he is Sephiroths father..I dont think it ever said that Gast created him.

§håd0w
07-25-2003, 01:48 AM
at the beginning of the game at Kalm where cloud tells his story. when seph is in the mansion he says gast created him, thats what got me lost. but im clear on everything now thanks to evil_cloud. but thanks for replying though. it just helps reinforce what he said.

m4tt
07-25-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Evil_Cloud
I sent u a pm that clears everything up

Well thanks for sharing this information with the rest of us. :rolleyes2

Evil_Cloud
07-25-2003, 09:40 PM
Professor Gast did not create Sephiroth. He instead was working on the Jenova project, which Sephiroth was apart of. He was in the middle of the Jenova Project when Hojo attacked him in his house and killed him. Hojo started working on the Jenova Project, taking credit for all of Professor Gast's work. Now, U remember Lucrecia right, the women that Vincent loved, well she is Sephiroth's Mother. She was a scientist that helped Hojo, she and Hojo made whoop whoop and she got pregnant, while she was pregnant they injected her with Jenova's Cells. They did this in order to make Sephiroth be born with Jenova's cell's, hence The Jenova Project.

Hope that cleared things up. Cuz it took me a good while to figure it all out too.

Thats what i sent him.

Deandre
07-26-2003, 06:09 PM
Professor Gast did not create Sephiroth. He instead was working on the Jenova project, which Sephiroth was apart of. He was in the middle of the Jenova Project when Hojo attacked him in his house and killed him. Hojo started working on the Jenova Project, taking credit for all of Professor Gast's work. Now, U remember Lucrecia right, the women that Vincent loved, well she is Sephiroth's Mother. She was a scientist that helped Hojo, she and Hojo made whoop whoop and she got pregnant, while she was pregnant they injected her with Jenova's Cells. They did this in order to make Sephiroth be born with Jenova's cell's, hence The Jenova Project.

Hope that cleared things up. Cuz it took me a good while to figure it all out too.

Thats what i sent him.

They "made whoop whoop" haha :D

Anyway I understand now :)

But what happened to Aeris' mother? She was experimented on and died in the process, right?

And what about Nibelheim? The thing I find strange is that everyone is saying nibelheim wasn't destroyed...
Did Shinra bribe everyone in (a newly rebuilt) nibelheim to say that to Cloud and the others?

Evil_Cloud
07-26-2003, 07:07 PM
But what happened to Aeris' mother? She was experimented on and died in the process, right?

And what about Nibelheim? The thing I find strange is that everyone is saying nibelheim wasn't destroyed...
Did Shinra bribe everyone in (a newly rebuilt) nibelheim to say that to Cloud and the others?

Answer to ur first question...... When u talk to Aeris' foster mother after she's been kidnapped, u see a flash back of how Aeris and her met each other. Efalna, Aeris' real mother, is sick and dying near the train station in the slums, Efalna tells the women to take care of Aeris, which she does. But how Efalna got sick isn't explained in the game. I assume it was due to experiments, but then again if she was being experimented on how did she escape the Shinra?

Now, to your other question...... Nibelhiem was destroyed by Sephiroth, but when the group came back 7 years later it was rebuilt by the Shinra. The Shinra hired actors to play as the townspeople, but when Cloud came to the town he knew what had happened in the past and he knew things weren't as they seemed. If u read the letter in Tifa's house when u reach Nibelhiem it explains it all.

Roz
07-26-2003, 07:53 PM
i thought jenova was the big S's mother

Evil_Cloud
07-26-2003, 08:06 PM
i thought jenova was the big S's mother

lots of people think this but its wrong..... Jenova is not Sephiroth's mother, Lucrecia is. Jenova was a "calamity from the sky" which gives me the impression she was a monster of some kind. She came to earth pretending she was friendly but she infected everything, thats why the Ancients sacrificed themselves, in order to stop Jenova. If u read my other posts in this thread i've already explained everything about Sephiroth's mother.

Dr. Casey
07-27-2003, 01:16 AM
Square executives need to be bitch-slapped for making FF7 have such a confusing story.

§håd0w
07-27-2003, 01:25 AM
its wierd, cuz i understood everything perfectly until i replayed the game.

Max
07-27-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Casey
Square executives need to be bitch-slapped for making FF7 have such a confusing story. yea

Deandre
07-27-2003, 10:54 AM
Answer to ur first question...... When u talk to Aeris' foster mother after she's been kidnapped, u see a flash back of how Aeris and her met each other. Efalna, Aeris' real mother, is sick and dying near the train station in the slums, Efalna tells the women to take care of Aeris, which she does. But how Efalna got sick isn't explained in the game. I assume it was due to experiments, but then again if she was being experimented on how did she escape the Shinra?

Now, to your other question...... Nibelhiem was destroyed by Sephiroth, but when the group came back 7 years later it was rebuilt by the Shinra. The Shinra hired actors to play as the townspeople, but when Cloud came to the town he knew what had happened in the past and he knew things weren't as they seemed. If u read the letter in Tifa's house when u reach Nibelhiem it explains it all.

Now I understand...
A friend of mine told me about the actor-thing, and I also thought I saw something like that in the game somewhere... But I just couldn't recall that.

And I forgot about when Aeris gets to know Elmyra...

Thanks for clearing it up :)

TheAbominatrix
07-27-2003, 11:08 AM
Confusing? Seems pretty simple to me. Not to mention a beautiful rendered plot and storyline.

Zild
07-27-2003, 02:44 PM

Letter in Tifa's house? I never found a letter... hell, I played the game with the walkthrough (Stupid me :( ) and never heard of the letter! Where was it?

On the same note, Tifa's ultimate limit break? I know what youare supposed to do to get it, but every time I try I seem to screw it up... what might I be doing wrong? Do you need to have Tifa in the party the first time you visit her hometown? Do you need to play the piana right first time? I could never do it... And yes, I had played the piano in the flashback...

I too was very confused by the whole game :(

TheAbominatrix
07-27-2003, 02:49 PM
The letter is on the desk in Tifa's room. A lot of people seem to miss all this stuff... my advice is to just click on everything when you play RPGs. Click on anything that looks even remotely useable or neat, and you'll find a lot of stuff you would normally miss.

Once you find all the stuff on these extra-sidequests and hidden information binges, the game becomes a lot clear. Unlike VIII, VII explained most everything very well. The information is out there, you just have to find it.

And yes Zild, I believe you need Tifa to get her limit break. I'm not sure though.

§håd0w
07-27-2003, 03:04 PM
once u get the airship, return to nibleheim and play the theme cloud plays in the flsah back, u need tifa and then she will read a note on the piano and get her ultimate break limit.

Deandre
07-27-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
Confusing? Seems pretty simple to me. Not to mention a beautiful rendered plot and storyline.

You probably have to play the game more than once to understand ALL of the story... But my respect to the complicated and deep storyline :)

Zild
07-28-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by masamune1287
once u get the airship, return to nibleheim and play the theme cloud plays in the flsah back, u need tifa and then she will read a note on the piano and get her ultimate break limit.

Airship? Oh, no wonder... I was doing it the first time you actually visit Nibleheim (flashback aside)... maybe that's why...