PDA

View Full Version : FF1= too easy

Reine
07-25-2003, 03:07 AM
Have you noticed that FF1 that its just TOO easy?
Evil Eye: Fire 3=Death
Vampire: Fire 3=Death
Lich: 4 physical attacks=Dead

Bahamut2000X
07-25-2003, 03:25 AM
You have yet to get to the tough bosses I see. The ones without weaknesses.

black orb
07-25-2003, 03:43 AM
>>> The first four fiends are easy, the real challenge comes in the final dungeon..

robfinalfantasy
07-25-2003, 04:15 AM
The bosses are easy, but reaching them isn't.

the blitzer
07-25-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by robfinalfantasy

Thats true.

§håd0w
07-27-2003, 09:46 PM
ur prolly playing on easy difficulty, cuz i highly doubt ur playing the original version on nes, so play the normal mode. its not easy.

Sefie1999AD
07-27-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by robfinalfantasy

I agree.

If you think the game's too easy, try playing it on Normal difficulty as masamune1287 said. Another hint is to try different sort of parties. Try one without a Fighter (Warrior in PSX). If you like magic, try Red Mage-Red Mage-White Mage-Black Mage, for example. If you can beat that and still think it's too easy, try beating the game with 4 White Mages. If you can even beat that easily (I doubt it, as Chaos is so much tougher in PSX than in NES), try single parties. That's very hard, but it can be done. Someone here beat FF1 with a solo Thief, which I find really amazing.

BG-57
07-28-2003, 12:31 AM
Also, you can try to get through the game without any member getting killed or petrified, so the party all level up at the same time. It's easy to win against Astos, but it's harder to defeat him without his reaper spell killing at least one member of your party.

For additional difficulty, avoid using the 'Memo' quicksave option. That way, if your party gets wiped out, you have to go through the dungeon all over again.

robfinalfantasy
07-28-2003, 02:20 AM
Take the other members' advice and CREATE your own challenge.

Reine
07-29-2003, 05:12 AM
I am playing on Normal Mode. The Master is definitely the most powerful class. Against Tiamat (TOC), I cast Haste, used the item that does Saber, and he did 20 hits and 2760 damage. I have only had 1 game over.... Dark Wizards in the Ice Cavern cast Poison, killing 3 characters, then the 2nd cast Fire 3 killing the White Mage. The only "Boss" that was a challenge was Lich (TOC). I got to Chaos, but it was late so I used Warp2 and saved it. Is it possible to get 999 Hp for the Black Wizard in either mode? My Knight and Master both reached 999 Hp in the same battle
(PS Chaos' Battle music is cool!)

twobitmage
07-29-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by BG-57
Also, you can try to get through the game without any member getting killed or petrified, so the party all level up at the same time. It's easy to win against Astos, but it's harder to defeat him without his reaper spell killing at least one member of your party.

yep that would be me and just about everyone here