PDA

View Full Version : Black Mages gather for attack!!

robfinalfantasy
07-25-2003, 04:00 AM
Has anyone playing 7 or 8 ever attempted making a Black Mage-type character? What I mean is did you give one character all the Black Magic and keep his/her attack and defense low as if you had an actual legitimate Black Mage? If so, how did it go? Did you regret it after a few battles of did you keep him/her that way?

Show your appreciation for Black Mages. :cool:

Cz
07-25-2003, 10:50 AM
I found it very hard to make an FFVII or FFVIII party in which anyone corresponded to any job class. I just piled magic and summons on to everyone, because it worked so well.

But If I play either of them again, I'll try and create some jobn classes for my characters.

Mo-Nercy
07-25-2003, 11:11 AM
I believe if you don't use Junction for FFVIII, you will find that each character has varying stats. I'm not sure who exactly is the Mage type but I don't think it was Rinoa since without junctions, she's the strongest.

wax
07-25-2003, 03:35 PM
I kinda did the black mage thing in 8, although the defense was probably too high, but all the stats that affect magic (mag, spr, int, etc..) were junctioned with the best spells i could find, so most of them were well above 200.

Radje
07-25-2003, 04:34 PM
I tryed it once in FF7 but usually their HP just goes really low with all the materia, i then tryed it again when i could buy hp plus' Then of course i couldn't fit as much materia, so in general i found it a bad way of doing things

robfinalfantasy
07-28-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by radje
I tryed it once in FF7 but usually their HP just goes really low with all the materia, i then tryed it again when i could buy hp plus' Then of course i couldn't fit as much materia, so in general i found it a bad way of doing things I see what you are saying. I noticed that the first time I tried it, but then again aren't mages supposed to have low HP? It feels weird giving them classes when you know they can be much more.

BG-57
07-28-2003, 02:40 AM
For FFVII it couldn't be easier. Master Magic + W-Magic. HP Plus and MP Plus. HP<->MP. Result? Excellent spellcaster with 999 HP and 9999 MP! :)

It's trickier for FFVIII, but it can be done. If you primarily use Zell, Squall and Quistis for most of the game, the other three will have low levels when you get the GF Cactuar. So you can have them use the Magic and Spirit bonus, but not the HP bonus. By the time they reach level 99, they'll have Black Mage like stats. Of course, I prefer having as many bonuses on my characters as possible.

§håd0w
07-29-2003, 04:26 PM
i turned tifa into my black mage. and ive kept her that way for quite a while now. well i use master magic now, so i guess that makes her a red mage, but o well.

robfinalfantasy
07-31-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by BG-57
For FFVII it couldn't be easier. Master Magic + W-Magic. HP Plus and MP Plus. HP<->MP. Result? Excellent spellcaster with 999 HP and 9999 MP! :)

It's trickier for FFVIII, but it can be done. If you primarily use Zell, Squall and Quistis for most of the game, the other three will have low levels when you get the GF Cactuar. So you can have them use the Magic and Spirit bonus, but not the HP bonus. By the time they reach level 99, they'll have Black Mage like stats. Of course, I prefer having as many bonuses on my characters as possible. Here is an alternative way to make a mage. Suppose you have a GF that has HP-J, Str-J, Mag-J, and Spr-J. When it comes to junctioning magic solely junction magic to the character's magic and spirit. Bonuses are ok as long as you do not give the character anything like HP+40%. That way you keep certain stats considerably lower than that of the rest of the party's.
Example:
Squall
Str = 160 + Str+60% = 255
Quistis
Str = 160 and no Str+60% = 160

§håd0w
08-11-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by BG-57

quadra magic works better, but if somehow manage to get 2 master magic, then use both