PDA

View Full Version : Your best team?

Jackschitt
07-25-2003, 04:28 AM
Who was your best team?

Mine was Cyan,Edgar,Sabin, and Mog course its not the best team in the world but they were the coolest

TheAbominatrix
07-25-2003, 05:06 AM
Terra, Locke, Edgar, and Celes.

No one stood a chance against me.

Vermachtnis
07-25-2003, 05:48 AM
Sabin, Celes, Shadow, Terra is my best team.
I started Sabin very early using magic and now he knows every spell and so does Terra and almost Celes. Shadow handles to brute force with the two Dragoon relics.

Wightraven
07-25-2003, 07:07 AM
Shadow with a Genji Glove and Offering.
Gogo, skills being Mimic, Magic, Lore, and Tools.
Setzer with Gem Box and Economizer
The fourth can be anyone, really. I usually use Cyan if I don't have Kefka in my party via good 'ol Gameshark.

Atma Weapon
07-25-2003, 08:38 AM
Terra, just Terra. She had the Illumina,Paladin Shield, Genji Helm, and Minerva. My relics were the classic gem box/ economizer. Her stats were Vigor 59, Speed 71, Stamina 58, Magic Power 110, Battle Power 255, Defense 225, Evade 95, Magic Defense 200, MBlock 107, HP 9999, MP 999. She also knew every spell in the game and had Golem equiped. I didn't need anything else, nothing could survive long enough to hurt Terra.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-25-2003, 12:45 PM
Edgar, Mash, Mog, and Umaro. The brothers, the master, and the servant. That is so poetic.

the blitzer
07-25-2003, 01:52 PM
Sabin for Blitz(mostly Bum rush). Gogo for mimicing him. Strago for Lore(Mostly grand train). Terra for healing (i gave her Phoenix and combined with eggractor to lower the MP costs to 1).

Star of Penumbra
08-12-2003, 07:08 AM
In my most recent playthrough, which I completed a couple days ago, my strongest party would probably be Terra, Celes, Strago, and Gogo. Of course it's mostly because I didn't teach magic to anybody except Terra, Celes, and Strago.

Flying Mullet
08-12-2003, 04:43 PM
Terra and Celes are a must. Once they equip Minerva they are invincible. Other than that I like to play around with different combinations to see what works best.

Strider
08-12-2003, 06:11 PM
Are we talking about at the end of the game or something? Oh well. . .

Sabin, Edgar, Terra and Shadow. Shadow's evade rate is ridiculous, if you know what to use.

Outsider
08-12-2003, 06:26 PM
Celes, Locke, Gau, Sabin...

Kefka was history a little too fast.

The Man
08-13-2003, 05:32 AM
If you Genji-Offering your strongest character, it really doesn't matter what party you use.

...but in my case, I'd say Terra, Shadow, Celes, and Locke. Although Mog with the Snow Muffler on kicks a severe amount of arse, too.

crono_logical
08-13-2003, 07:43 AM
In my most recent game, it'd have been Celes, Setzer and Edgar, since I didn't get anyone else :p Otherwise, I can tend to play just as well with almost any combination that doesn't involve Umaro, Mog or Shadow in :p

4stringthing
08-21-2003, 11:04 PM
My best party would have to be Locke thanks to the Genji Glove, Gau thanks to good ol' Stray Cat, Sabin for Blitzes and Edgar for both the Drill/Chainsaw and the Auto-Crossbow

Kenshin IV
08-22-2003, 06:04 AM
The best team is Edgar, Cyan, Sabin, and any other character as long as they have the Atma Weapon and Offering equipped.

The Man
08-22-2003, 09:43 AM
I always found Cyan to be rather useless myself, I dunno if I just never learned to play him right or what :o His magic ability sucks, in any case — sure, you can raise it, but it’s so innately low that why would you ever want to bother? :o

SoS.Atlerik
08-22-2003, 01:58 PM
Terra, Locke, Celes, Gau.

m4tt
08-22-2003, 02:33 PM
Edgar, Terra, Shadow, GoGo. :D

~Zodiac~
08-23-2003, 06:46 PM
Terra: Because she's my healer and my black amge (She does massive damage with offensive magic >.<)
Edgar: Have him because his Tools own, Chainsaw and Drill are the ones to use :D
Sabin: Second most powerfull player I have, slices everyone up with his Tigerfangs 9999 ^_^
Cyan: My man....Cyan, my most powerfull character, equipped with Ribbon and Offering (Which enables X Fight) His SwordTech #7 (Quadro Slice) is just the best move out there, 4x 9999, every boss is killed when my Cyan comes by *~Zodiac~ laughs*

i90east
08-29-2003, 06:33 AM
Gau, Cyan, Edgar, Terra.

Why is Kefka so easy???

Marie_des_Anges
09-08-2003, 03:10 AM
Throughout the game (once I get them) my best party has usually been Setzer, Celes, Edgar, and Sabin. I just think they're cool, that's all.

This brings up a random thought: Is it really possible (I've heard it is) to beat the game using only those four I mentioned before? Has it ever been done? I'm making it a goal now to do this. (If this is way too off-topic I'm really sorry - I'll post a new thread if you guys want... I'm kinda new here)

TheAbominatrix
09-08-2003, 04:21 AM
I've beaten the game with just Celes, Edgar, and Setzer many times.

Wightraven
09-08-2003, 05:47 PM
As have I. It's not that hard, sadly.

m4tt
09-08-2003, 07:17 PM
I've wanted to try doing that so many times, but everytime I can't contain myself and I go to Tzen to get Sabin. ;|

Cz
09-08-2003, 07:45 PM
Edgar, Celes, Setzer, Sabin. It would contain Cyan, but my tolerance for his SwordTech is very low indeed.

Doomgaze
09-08-2003, 08:48 PM
Terra, Locke, Celes, Sabin.

I dunno why, they're just cool.

Cire Avlisad
09-09-2003, 12:34 AM
This time through i've been using mainly the characters that i have rejected in the past and im pretty surprised.

Relm - everybody says she is useless but her magic in my current game is almost double that of terra and celes, (58 for relm - 36 and 38 for terra and celes respectively - all at around level 40) and i didn't have any magic boosting espers on her for any longer than it took to learn their magic. Even though her sketch is useless, she is still pretty much my most valuable character with the economizer giving her pretty much infinite magic.
Gau - I've never liked using Gau, but i now see how he is useful. I used him as the main curer outside of battles (until i got the economizer), and in battle I use him as a magic user where i need him, or i use stray cat if i want him attacking.
Sabin - Okay, i always use him but with the offering and the genji glove i just cant resist.
and Gogo - because he just messes everybody up, especially when im casting ultima or using bumrush with other people.

This play through around has probably been the easiest i've ever had, which is pretty surprising to me.

MagicKnight Locke
09-13-2003, 06:34 PM
Sabin
Terra
Edgar
Locke

After i dumped Cyan it never changed...

Gau
10-08-2003, 01:44 AM
Sabin Gau and Edgar

MJN SEIFER
10-08-2003, 12:17 PM
The team I use is for my own special Reasons

They appear in this order:

Locke: becuse I think HE is the main (No flames from those who beleve its Terra or somone else!) and he's cool! He also get's me some good items!

Celes: She has the best magic in my team (Posibly because I hardly use Terra) Her physcal ability is good too I have no need or runic though plus of course, Locke's in this team to :D

Setzer: I have him in my team for the same reason as Cait in FF7! I like Slots! it's so fun! I never know what happen's next!!

Sabin: He Kicks peoples asses!! and he's Blitz makes the battle more interesting

Atma Weapon
10-11-2003, 05:16 AM
Terra with Offering + Genji glove: She has awesome base stats, equips the minerva and heavy armor and weapons, and has the ever awesome morph.

Damage per round: 80,000

Celes with Gem Box + Economizer: Can equip minerva and heavy armor, Runic completly shuts down magic using monsters.

Damage per round: 50,000
Total for party per round so far: 130,000

Cyan with Genji Glove + Economizer: If you cast quick than there is no harm in waiting for his sword techs to charge. Combine that with a four hit tech and quick for a total of eight hits and you get a whopping 80,000 damage without use of the offering.

Total for party so far: 210,000

Gogo with Running shoes +Genji Glove: Have him mimic Cyan by using the running shoes to make sure that Gogo is ready when Cyan is. Tacks on another 80,000.

Grand Total for Party per round: 290,000 HP

This group has the potential to easily do about 290,000 damage per round. Considering the fact that the absolute max HP that anything could ever have is 65,535, I think that 290,000 is a bit more than you could ever need, but hey overkill is fun.

Ranti
10-14-2003, 02:33 AM
Mine was:
Terra- main magic user, perhaps strongest fighter as well (minerva and aegis shield helped too)
Locke- got some items, used the wing edge weapons in back row as a nice addtional fighter
Edgar- Tools and secondary magic user, another powerhouse for me
Setzer- genji glove and offering = doom darts and fixed dice = kefka dead in around 5 min :D

it was so simple to beat kefka with this party..I didn't spend time getting the best armor and stats so they were kinda weak except Terra who kept everyone alive with Life3 and all her magic

Everyone in that party knew most of the cures, the elementals to at least lvl 2 and of course rasp and osmose. I used them to beat everyone even all the statues (kept exiting and restarting of course :D)

The rest were alright, just there to get through the tower and to say they did it together (started together and ended together...yay)

perhaps it might have helped with the economizer but i just never thought about getting all the side quests so yeah...:)(i don't ever remember what level i was when i beat the game :()

Sabin_Figaro
02-05-2004, 02:29 AM
Sabin Edgar Celes and Gogo

robfinalfantasy
02-07-2004, 01:37 AM
Terra
Shadow
someothercharacter
someothercharacter

PeTeRL90
02-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Sabin
Locke
Shadow
Edgar

That was my main party.

My secondary was

Locke
Terra
Cyan
Shadow

erdricksarmor
02-16-2004, 05:01 PM
My brother introduced me to the idea of this group; while it's not necessarily the best group possible, it's my favorite for use in the game.

Umaro (w/Rage Ring - does his own thing without any need for human interference)
Mog (Set him to dance, and he's off on his own for the rest of the battle)
Gau (Start up your favorite rage, and he's set to go too)
GoGo (He can dance or rage as well)

There are obvious problems such as with not being able to heal the party, use life spells, etc...but all in all I've found this group to be highly enjoyable. Especially if defeating a difficult boss with them. Just sit back and say, "Yep, those are my BOYS!" Also, most of Mog's dances and many of Gau's rages will do things that heal the party anyhow.

Perfect for a lazy bastard, like me.

Black Mage FF1
02-16-2004, 06:01 PM
I always like to use

Locke, Sabin, Edgar and Mog.

Kirobaito
02-17-2004, 04:02 AM
Cyan, Sabin, Terra, Setzer

master01
05-01-2004, 05:23 PM
mine is cyne, with genji glove and offering,
sabin with genji glove and exp. egg
terra with back guard and the thing that makes magic X
and celes with whatever.

if not, i reaplcae celes with mog, with whatever, and pearl lance...

bEoWuLfX
05-02-2004, 02:26 AM
My favorite team is Locke, Sabin, Mog, and Terra or Celes. I like to steal and use blitzes. Mog's dances are kinda random, but they're often very useful. I like Terra and Celes cause I need atleast one good magic user in the group. Runic is okay, but it kinda screws me more over then helping. My fun team is Setzer, Edgar, Mog, and Shadow. For the most part, in the world of ruin I like to use my fun team as soon as I get them. Gau is pretty useful, but I only use him on the Veldt. I hate strago, but I like to put him as the leader to see him run around town...