PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate weapons, are they really ultimate?

Wolhay
07-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Are the "power ups" from the ultimate weapons added to the attack or do they decide the entire amount of damage?
The damage from ultimate weapons such as the Captain's Venus Gospel would become worse as the battle progresses if it is the latter since the power up is increased as the MP amount is closer to the maximum MP amount (assuming that magic is used but MP isn't replenished).

I know that at least Mr Valentine's Death Penalty could be crappier than regular weapons but it differs from other ultimate weapons as it includes several factors such as level and enemies killed.

PS. It has nothing to do with the subject of this thread but can you see Nanaki's weapons in battle?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-25-2003, 02:10 PM
No, you can't.

robfinalfantasy
07-25-2003, 05:25 PM
I think the power up IS added to the attack. Notice how when Cloud (equipped with his ultimate weapon) has VERY low HP he is still able to deal a decent 1000-1500 damage. I could be wrong though.

DaMagicSausage
07-25-2003, 05:40 PM
Is there a atma type weapon in FF7... I remember in FF3 where that was the coolest one because its damage was based on the amount of HP.

Evil_Cloud
07-25-2003, 09:32 PM
Cloud's Ultimate Weapon deals damage depending on his HP, the more HP Cloud has the more damage the weapon will deal.

Big D
07-26-2003, 05:17 AM
Cloud, Cait Sith: Damage depends on character's max HP and their current HP percentage.

Cid, Red XIII: Same, but with MP rather than HP.

Tifa: Damage is proportional to how full her Limit gauge is.

Barret: More mastered materia equipped = more damage.

Vincent: More enemies killed = more damage.

Yuffie: Higher enemy level = more damage.

Aeris: Crippled/wounded allies = more damage.

ThE dArK oNe
07-26-2003, 10:11 AM
All ultimate weapons have max slots and no materia growth.

Deandre
07-26-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Big D
Cloud, Cait Sith: Damage depends on character's max HP and their current HP percentage.

Cid, Red XIII: Same, but with MP rather than HP.

Tifa: Damage is proportional to how full her Limit gauge is.

Barret: More mastered materia equipped = more damage.

Vincent: More enemies killed = more damage.

Yuffie: Higher enemy level = more damage.

Aeris: Crippled/wounded allies = more damage.

Now that's what I wanted to know :rock:

robfinalfantasy
07-26-2003, 06:31 PM
Tifa's ultimate weapon's power is based on how many misses she gets with her slots. The more misses she gets the stronger her weapon gets.

§hĺd0w
07-27-2003, 01:33 AM
its her limit guage bro. thats why when u do a limit break with her (with premium heart) it does a helluva lot more than and empty guage. so its best to put the cover and long range materia on her.